You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Weird Voice

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Voice

 

I was a senior in high school when I experienced something I can't explain and have only told one person (my mom) about.

I was getting ready for my prom and I had a great time doing so, I had an even greater time once I was there. After the prom, me and my friends went to a party. There wasn't anyone there and everyone decided to go somewhere else, I told my date I just wanted to go home because I was tired.

He took me home and as soon as I got there I changed into my pajamas and made some food. My mom was out at a marketing dinner and because she would be home soon, I decided to wait up for her. I was in her room eating and watching T.V. when all of a sudden I felt as if I were half asleep and as if I were somewhere else. I don't know where. The next thing that happened was that I heard a man calling me. His voice was deep, but not creepy or evil sounding. He wasn't mean or pushy about it either. When he called me I told him that I wasn't ready. I wasn't speaking out loud, it was more like I was "thinking to him..."

He said it was time to go and I again told him that I didn't want to and that I wasn't ready. And that was it, I snapped out of whatever it was I was in and I started crying because I was so scared. I then had the urge to write my mom a letter to tell her what happened and to tell her how much I loved her because I felt as if something were going to happen to me. For whatever reason, I didn't just fell asleep somehow.

I woke up the next day and I told my mom what happened and she said it was probably just a dream. I told her it wasn't and she could tell by my face I wasn't lying. Also, my eyes were swollen, so I knew for sure I had been crying. She then asked if I had been drinking, I hadn't. She also asked me why I didn't call her. I didn't know. This is what keeps tearing me back and forth. I know it happened because I experienced it, yet I am not 100 percent sure because I WOULD have called her. I call her for everything big or small, she is my best friend. It was just something so different that I can't make sense of.

I am open to ALL thoughts and ideas, please feel free to ask any questions.

Other hauntings by HauteCouture

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HauteCouture, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

HaleyScott (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-06)
that is completely scary. I think all you need to do is just be brave conquer your fear. Maybe that voice won't come back agin. 😐
HauteCouture (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-04)
Not scared and Patch,
I have one dead male relative that I knew, the others died before I was born. It didn't sound like him and he has been dead for a while.
Chris,
Thank you for reading my story, I am glad you liked it!
Kim,
I had a really good time at the prom and while getting ready, no anxiety whatsoever. I don't remember what I was watching. I I have fallen asleep while watching T.V. And my dreams were kind of like whatever I was watching.
Frawin,
Thank you, I agree. I was at the end of a chapter of my life. I was very sad at graduation because I knew it was the last time all of my friends would be together.
Vicki,
I am a catholic and I believe in God, but I didn't think it was him. I don't think God would take time out of his busy schedule to have a 3 second conversation with me:)
I agree with you about when God wants you it is your time to goand you can't change it. It wasn't a scary voice, but it wasn't familiar. I don't think anyone that I know that is dead would want me to die and be with them. That would be evil.
Flutter of Wings,
It has been almost six years and I am still here, I think you and Frawing might be right. ❤
Thank you to everyone for reading my story and commenting! ❤ 😁
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
I feel that "are you ready" didn't mean death to you. But to move on, now that you have graduated. The next step in your life would be more likly the reason for "are you ready". I don't feel it was that you will die soon, just get ready for the next step of your life.
vickifigueroa (5 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-01)
Wether it was a dream or not, maybe it was someone"upstairs" wanting you there with them. Could be God,Jesus,or maybe even a family member. Was the voice familiar? You said the voice didn't sound scary so you shouldnt have anything to worrry. But I'm thinking, if it was God, let's say, if he really wanted you, he would have taken you wether you said you werent ready or not.Don't you think? But then again I'm not quite sure what religion beliefs you come from 😁
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
HauteCorture, Too often when one hears that voice that says "Are you ready" they assume that their time is up and they're going to die. There are other things that you have to be ready for as well. Senior year, prom then graduation -are you ready for the next chapter in your life? Maybe it was asking if you were ready for the next step in your Spiritual development. There are many things in life that you have to get ready for- The next time it asks "Are you ready?", instead of being scared ask "Ready for what" and then you may find your answer. Take care and God bless.

FRAWIN 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
HauteCorture,
What was the atmosphere at the prom? Had there been any sad or frightening experiences dealth with at the prom or prior to your leaving for the prom? Where you listening to or watching the news while waiting up for your mom?

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
Well this might have been a dream. You might have thought you were awake but sometimes its the opposite. Or there was somone calling you. Has anybody passed away close to you? I liked your story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
That is a really tough experience to explain. The only idea pretty much that same was the not_scared_anymore, or maybe someone on the other side mistook you for someone else.
I have honestly no idea. I hope you get some good answers.
Not_scared_anymore (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
wow that's a tough one... Do you perhaps have any dead male relatives? It could be that somebody misses you and wants you with them on the other side

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: