You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Out of Body Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Out of Body Experience

 

I was 16 years old when I experienced what I think was an out of body experience. I was sleeping on the floor of my bedroom and all of a sudden I felt like I needed to wake up. The thing was, I was already "awake" but I was watching myself from above my body. I don't know how to put what it was like into words other than to say physically I was lying down, unable to move. Mentally, I was scared and wanted to cry and yell for my mom, but I couldn't. I couldn't even open my eyes.

I have read stories on here about sleep paralysis, but I don't think I have read one where the person is also looking down at themselves from somewhere above. I know it wasn't a dream because while looking down at myself I was wearing the same pajamas and I was sleeping in the same position I was when I went to bed. The reason why this tells me I wasn't dreaming is because I have back problems and sometimes have to sleep in any position that is comfortable when my back is hurting. Sometimes it takes me being a human pretzel to be comfortable.

While this was happening I felt as if someone were there, watching me from the doorway, which was to the right of me. Also, when I woke up, it was as if I had done it on my own. It wasn't a rude awakening, if you will.

The next day I told my mom about it, I was expecting her to tell me I was weird, instead she told me that it had happened to her too.

A few years prior to my experience, my mom was in a very bad car accident. While in surgery, she said she woke up and was watching herself being worked on from up above. She never told me about it because she didn't want to scare me, but she did tell her friend. Her friend told her it was an out of body experience.

Other hauntings by HauteCouture

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HauteCouture, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

harrypotterfan2013 (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-05)
yes you came out your body it happened to me once its common it happened to everyone I think
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-07)
You are welcome, Alex.
I am a bit of a trivia fanatic at times. I like "little known facts" and think them fascinating.
Thank you.
HauteCouture (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-04)
White Buffalo,
I HAVE seen that movie, I love it! Thank you so much for explaining this to me.
Alex ❤ 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
Hello again, Alex.
Yes. ANYONE can do astral projection if in the correct circumstances. That IS exactly why I sent along that particular link. There was a wonderful movie made in the 1980's about a man who wished to meet a beautiful actress ("Somewhere in Time" Christopher Reeves and Jane Seymore were the stars) Many people believed that the movie was made to show that TIME TRAVEL is possible if the conditions are just right. Jeannot Szwarc, the Producer, said though that it was more of a tale of two persons meeting on an ethereal plane...
In the movie itself, it gives full instructions on how to astrally travel (though they do say TIME travel). People have different reasons for wanting to astrally travel. Just to check things out somewhere else, to see if they can do it, to prove someone wrong... There are many reasons. The MAIN thing to remember is to always wrap yourself visually and mentally in a protective bubble before starting out. I would think that this young lady that you referred to had not done that.
Whenever you go someplace that you know nothing about, it is always a good idea to have a protective bubble. ESPECIALLY when your spirit leaves your body for ANY extent of time. You want to make sure that your spirit is safe enough to re enter your body. 😊
Thank you.
HauteCouture (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
Whitebuffalo,
No one was around me when it happened, so I wouldn't even know if someone would have been able to see what was going on. On that link you gave me to look at, it tells you how to do astral projection. I wonder if anyone is able to do it whenever they want to. Also, what would be the point? I only saw myself, are there different things that can happen? This girl told me that she bought a book and was able to learn to leave her body. What she experienced, however, was really evil. She said that when she left her body and got to wherever it was she went to, she was in a bad neighborhood and she felt like someone was chasing her. She said she could just feel the evil coming from behind and the whole time she kept hearing a voice yelling at her to go back. She didn't know how she did it, but she was able to go back to her body and felt as if she just made it. She said she will never mess around with leaving her body again.
I am waiting for another story to be posted on here, I would really like your opinion. It was really hard for me to share. Hopefully it will be posted soon.
😊 Alex
HauteCouture (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
Tonith,
I am really glad you brought the whole thing about the falling feeling. That has happened to me so many times! Wow, I would like to find out more about that.
😊 alex
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
As you saw your body from above, HauteCouture, I would more think this experience to be of Astral Projection. In your Mothers experience, I would say that she had also.
There are a few people who can get quite good at A. P. They can leave their bodies at night (as it would appear that they are in their most relaxed state) and then re enter before waking for the day. For most, they are tired, almost as if they had only received a few hours rest, instead of the full time that they WERE sleeping.
Another type of Projection is Ethereal Projection. In E. P. The difference is that YOU can been SEEN by someone else in "Spirit form".
Do you have any idea if anyone had witnessed your travel?
Thank you.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-26)
The same thing happened to a friend of mine. She was in bed and was waking up only to find herself 2 ft. Above her sleeping body looking down into her own face. She panicked and ofcourse woke up fully and was back in her body. Don't know if this was a genuine obe but it sure freaked her out.It's been said that when you have that "falling" feeling when drifting off to sleep is when your astral body is trying to leave and gets slammed back into your physical form which causes that jerking motion and you wake up with your heart pounding.Don't know how true it is but it's an explanation.
HauteCouture (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-26)
Chris,
Thank you for reading my story. It was pretty hard for me to share because I have only shared the things that have happened to me with one or two people. I am glad you liked it!
😊 Alex
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-26)
Hi HauteCouture. I liked your story. I'm sorry I can't help ou here. I know very little about out of body expieriences but good thing WB knows more. I'm glad you shared your story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
HauteCouture (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
Whitebuffalo,
So do you think what happened to me was Remote Viewing? That sounds closer to what I experienced than Astral Projection. Also, what do you think triggers that?
HauteCouture (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
Baby Franz,
I honestly couldn't tell you the exact point that it ended, all I remember is waking up and remembering what happened. It really was like a dream, but I knew it wasn't. I have had many dreams that feel so real they scare me, but this was definitley different.
HauteCouture (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
Hi Heather,
I also believe in afterlife, what did you see when that happened to you?
HeatherO (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
Hi,
I've been "out of my body" at night at least on one occasion where I zoomed back in once I realized I was out. It was weird but nothing to be too worried about. One time my mom had whooping cough and was watching herself cough from above. I think it's possible you were out traveling and got caught by yourself if that makes any sense. Just another reason to believe in an afterlife if you ask me.
babyfranz (3 stories) (36 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
That must be pretty creepy. I can't imagine myself looking at "myself" asleep. So, how did that out of the body experience end?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
Hello HauteCouture,
I would agree that you had a out of body experience. They can be quite disarming. I am adding a link to my comment so that you can can check out what it is about. Please keep in mind that science has not figured out absolutely everything as of yet. Http://www.crystalinks.com/astral.html
Thank you for sharing your experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: