You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Ghost Copying People and Other Things

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Copying People and Other Things

 

I haven't been around as of much lately, mainly because I've been busy with school and work and I've been lurking on paranormal forums around the web. I've decided to come here again because I like the general atmosphere and how people here can actually have a serious discussion about the paranormal.

In my last story I wrote about an experience I had at my boyfriends parents house, since then we have moved twice, we rented an apartment for about 2-3 months and now we've bought a home. I've had experiences in both places that I'm going to write here because of the stuff that happened in the apartment are too short to put in a different story.

We moved there in October last year. We were living on the top floor in the middle, the smaller apartment. With the apartment you get a decent sized storage place in the basement, which just looks normal, nothing creepy, painted white, the floors were carpets, but I couldn't go down there. The reason for this is because I'm rather sensitive about spirits and I've always felt a dark angry spirit there. I just hated going down there I'm not sure what it was, so I just let my boyfriend go down there.

The ghost in our apartment seemed to be rather friendly, he didn't do much except move the toilet paper and hide things, he never really scared me. He copied things we said, which only happened on two occasions that I remember.

First incident was when me and my boyfriend were going to go to bed, and all over a sudden the porch door bursts open, now this is in winter in Iceland so it was windy and rainy, so my boyfriend runs and closes the door (Nothing paranormal with the door, the handle was broken, we had to tie the unbroken part to the oven so it would stay closed, we forgot to do tie it that night) Now he's struggling the door and I'm laying in bed when I hear something standing in the doorway talking exactly like my boyfriend and saying "omg" over and over, my boyfriend has a habit of doing that so I just thought it was him, the figure walks over and sits on the bed, I just thought it was my boyfriend until not 2 minutes later my boyfriend comes in and goes to bed.

During Christmas break we had our friends over every night until the wee-hours, we'd play guitar-hero, board games, Dungeons and Dragons and did whatever we felt like.

On one night we were all playing D and D, our friend who was the dungeon master (He plays all the characters we encountered) would change his voice for each character he was acting, one in particular was a character named Kurt. We played all night and when they left me and my boyfriend just went to bed, not feeling very tired.

After a while I hear "Kurt" talking, it startled me but it was over quick, I remembered then reading about ghosts that sometimes copy what you do and shrugged it off as just that.

In January we moved into the house we are in now. It sends a welcoming vibe, it's old compared to other houses here and I feel in love with it as soon as I saw it.

Before we moved in we wanted to do some painting, my boyfriend works as a fisherman so he wasn't there at the time, I was painting and listening to music when I heard little kids running on the stairs. I knew for a fact that there weren't any kids in the house. I just smiled and kept painting.

A few nights after that I invited some friends over to help me paint the living room. I had to go pick one of them up, when we were driving back I saw this eagle fly past my windscreen, probably bigger than me, nonetheless I slammed the brakes, then realized that they aren't any eagles here. I'm not sure whether this is related but it scared me.

We arrived the house and start painting, we were getting into it and I felt something touch my hair. I looked around that there was nothing that I could've caught my hair like that, I accused everyone for touching my hair, and they just thought I was crazy.

So after we moved in and have been living happily, everyone says that this house has a good vibe. But there is some strange activity going on.

Firstly when we are upstairs in bed we keep hearing a clicking sound coming from downstairs, like someone is turning the light switches on and off. Each time we go to investigate it stops. My boyfriend has twice heard a strange sound that he can not describe and friends tell me they sometimes hear strange voices (other than my own) when they're talking to me on the phone and I'm alone.

I had an experience a few nights ago actually, I was sitting here in the computer room, now we have an airmatress here so whoever is using the lappy can sit comfortably while the other is on the PC, I saw a little grey spotted kitten walk over the mattress. We do have a cat, but she's completely black. Sunday morning our little ghost kitten came up and laid on my bed, our living cat was outside, and when I turned to look at the kitten she was gone. I named her Julia after that.

And last night we saw her again, walk from underneath the closet. There was also strange music coming from downstairs, that stopped as soon as my boyfriend went to check on it.

I work in the evenings in the Icelandic equivalent of UPS, I drive out packages and stuff like that, so I'm usually alone in the post-house at nights. There's a guy there that walks past the beeper that beeps when people are coming in.

My friend (Who is very sensitive to ghosts) was helping me work one night as soon as she went into the building she had this horrible feeling of dread and hate. She just wanted to lie down and die.

Another work related incident... I was going to someone's house with a package, when I saw a little boy standing behind me, I jumped and thought maybe he lived there. When I blinked he was gone.

I found it strange that within the last few months I've seem to been experiencing more than I do usually, I'm wondering whether this is a warning

But alas, I have written enough for one night, I'll keep you updated if you're interested.

- Patch

Just to add one thing; I saw fire in my window yesterday, I poured the nearest liquid over it, but there were no burn marks (Window is made out of wood) Could this be related?

Other hauntings by Patch

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Patch, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sonya (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-16)
Maybe is the ghost warning you about that a fire will later come. I do not mean to scare you Patch but I said maybe.
SelkieGal (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
What kind of heating system do you have? I know a couple of people who had odd sightings in their houses, and when the (gas) furnace was fixed, the visions stopped.

Could it be carbon monoxide? Note that this gas affects individuals in different ways.

As for hearing unfamiliar voices during phone calls, I had that happen while talking to a friend years back.
It sounded as if the wires had gotten crossed; both of us could hear the woman but not the person she was talking to.
It only happened once or twice; doesn't happen at all with cordless phones.
Sandy2008 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
Patch I want to ask you a weird question... Are you pregnant by any chance? I don't know why but I had a very strong feeling that you are or will be pregnant soon or that there would be a big change in your life.
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-08)
The eagle came before the roomie, loong before, along with some of the experiences, it just got worse when he came.
I asked about the post-office ghost, they say it can't be anyone who worked there, but it used to be an apartment block or some form of housing.
I think it is the roomie, something was following him, when he left the house felt strangly empty. Like I'd lost a whole family XD
He also lied about his name, I am not happy with that.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-08)
Well, that truly makes a lot of sense, Patch.
I would say that, seeings how much of the HOME experiences ended when the young man who was sharing the home with you left, that HE had something attached to HIM. If there was any other connection, I would think that there would be the remnant of something there in the home.
I could be wrong, I am not a ghost and can not BEGIN to pretend to think all that they do. I could not begin to imagine why they do some of the things that they do, though I would love to be able to. 😊
Just out of curiosity sake, did you see the huge eagle before or after the roomie left there?
I could be wrong, but I feel that the Post Office ghost is a residual, perhaps an old employee that has not yet Crossed Over. That is just going by what I have read on here.
Thank you.
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-07)
I'd like to say thanks for all the help.

Whitebuffalo: It felt okay at first, I've learnt to overcome my fear of ghosts, but after a while it started getting worse and it started to scare me, like something else was in the picture, something evil. I also noticed something (Could be conicidential), I had a guy renting a room here, while 75% of this was going on he was out of town, it stopped when he came back, he's left now, but nothing has happened since, except the post-office ghost has been pestering me unusually a lot (I work at a post office at nights, and alone so I try to finish up quickly or talk on the phone). I'm sorry if it sounds a little confusing, or unbelievable I'm still worried though it died down quickly, but there are the odd occurrences.
mmeibos: Thanks for the advice, the music sounded a little like rock, I can't tell, but it wasn't a tune I have heard before, the person who rented only listened to pop, and my and my boyfriend don't play music at night
Tonith: I like the ghost cat, but she only comes around when my other cat is somewhere else, my cat hates other cats, I named our ghost kitten Julia. It just felt right.

I'd also like to thank everyone who posted, (even if they won't read this) I appreciate all the help and I will update you on other things, I'd also like to say I think of it as a gift most of the time, but there are times that I just want some peace.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-07)
I am a bit lost, Patch.
Please forgive me if I am missing something that is obvious.
As I read through your story I got the impression that all of the things that have gone on within the home are just shrugged off, or that you are completely comfortable with them. You smiled at the ghost cat, you shrugged off "Kurt"'s copy talker, and you seem to be in complete control of the situation.
As I started to read through the comments, you start to talk about using the lavender incense and I NOW get the feeling that you are nervous about something, even though nothing has happened in the home and everyone describes the feel of the place as loving.
You know that you are a sensitive. You also know that a person sized eagle is quite a bit out of the ordinary, not to mention the fact that not many of them freely fly through the skies of Iceland, if ANY. You have begun to notice that much of the activity that you are in contact with are now OUTSIDE of your home.
The eagle is a sign of freedom. Most generally when people who have been doing a bit of soul searching encounter an eagle, it is as a sign that the end of their trials or tribulation is near an end, or ended.
The fact that many of the things that you HAD seen are now OUTSIDE your home, would suggest that they know they are not welcome in your presence. They may wander about a bit, but will not join in the festivities of the inner home if they are not welcome. Especially after being banned by someone.
Am I missing something? Are you in need of help with some other area of your life where ghosts are involved? IF there was a portal, it is on the outside of your living space (or the beings would still be IN the home), or it has been closed off. I can see no other reason for the activity to be so low, on the off chance that there is a portal there.
I guess I am just too lost to be of much help here. Sorry.
Thank you.
mmeibos (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-07)
don't use a cross or anything, if they haven't done anything yet, they wil never do anything. At least, what I heard of your story, they seem very friendly, especially the cat, that most of the time is just there to enjoy the room. It is common that ghosts try to reach to the place were they used to be so much, because it is their comfortable place. Think, what will happen if someone tries to keep you from that place, it will only make them angry. Have peace with the ghosts is my advice.

P.S.: what music did you hear downstairs?
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-06)
A cross can be made out of anything, two sticks put together to look like a cross the same meaning is of it. Take strips of cardboard or paper as long as it looks like a cross it will work.
HeatherO (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-06)
Hi Patch,
Seems to me you're a ghost magnet and they're drawn to you. Perhaps you've become even more open to the spirit world recently and the spirits can sense it. I know that's not very comforting but I don't know that you can do to turn it off. I would suggest talking to another medium rather than warding off spirits, perhaps it's happening for a reason and you are their only hope for passing on? That's just my gut feeling. Nothing is harming you, they just want some attention. Surround yourself with light and God's love and don't be afraid! Easy for me to say, right?!
Heather
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-05)
Patch, seeing an eagle the size of a full grown person would have made me stop in my tracks to begin with. I guess if you are sensitive you get use to such events and realize it's only you seeing it. I can't imagine living with such a gift or maybe you consider it a curse. I'm sure people that have this happen have very mixed feelings about it. I wonder where the cat comes into the picture? Maybe it was a pet of the former owner? I would not be scared of a ghost animal but I wouldn't want to see people ghosts and that's probably why I never have. The ghost cat is just a sweet story and I hope it's happy living with you in spirit.
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-04)
Hey Kim,
I started burning incense in my house, I don't own any crosses, but I do own a few cross-necklaces. I do own a picture of the Virgin Mary but I'm not sure if it's wise to put it up.
This may sound odd, but they don't seem to be here anymore, but I'm seeing them outside of my house.
Just to add, I don't drink or take drugs, nor do I have a mental illness, but it's getting much worse. I'm getting desperate.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-04)
Patch,
It sounds as if things are becoming increasingly active at your home.

Keep in mind, if these beings (some of them) can sense you are alone and even the least bit frightened, they may play off of that fear, actually garnering power and energy from it.

Wear a cross necklace or ring or something. It is VERY necesary to hang the crosses in the rooms of your home. Go to each of the rooms of your home with a Bible, pray in each room aloud, ask the Lord to prevent all that is un-holy from entering and remaining in your home. Do this in each room.

Just because there was all positive occurances at first, this may have been to lull you into a false sense of complaciancy. Now 'they' figure you are comfortable and all bets are off.

Keep us posted!
God Bless!
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
Could anyone try to tell me how I can stream it live online? It might be helpful (only thing I can think of is stickam), going to try and find another camera later.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
[at] Patch when you set up the camera and get anything, please try to post it so we can see what's going on as well. Thank you.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
I agree with KimSouth0, that you have a portal some where. Where entities are coming from. Some people they open these portals at other places, and they just seem to carry on when they move. It may not of been in this house, could of been some place else you lived.

Some portals that are open, the entities are as you put it "good vibes". After a peroid of time, they may not be so good. It's almost as if they want to see, how far they can go, before they scare you half to death in some cases.

Crosses would help not only in your bedroom, but in hallways, all the rooms. That way if a not so good vibe comes out, they won't stay where there are crosses up.

Lavender helps quite a bit too. So does sage. Keep us posted on what else goes on here. If you feel you may be frighten, you could always wear a cross neckless, this sometimes helps as well.
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-02)
Also forgot to add, I've been burning incense which seems to make it die down, Will call up the Town-Office tomorrow and try to dig up something. Also thinking of setting up a camera where most of the activity is.
Will update here in the comments tomorrow. ❤
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-02)
Hey Kim.
I think you are on to something there. I'd like to add a few things, and I hope you guys can help me with them.
This portal seems to have opened recently, or I've just noticed it recently, At first there's only been good things, I could spend all day writing about experiences I've had since I posted. There was loud banging all day, at one point we heard running and my friend heard a little girl scream. But I'm seeing more things out of home as well. I am getting really desperate for answers right now, My boyfriend is going out to sea on Friday and The guy that rents a room here is leaving, and I'm really afraid that something bad is going to come through.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-02)
Patch,
Welcome Back!

Wow, it certainoly sounds as if your home is very active! I don't know about it being a warning of some kind... Is it possible there is a portal somewhere in or around your home? There certainly doesn't have to be a negative vibe with there being a portal near, it may just be a stop gap for those who are moving on. Some stop and hang around for a while, others continue on. Do you have any information on the history of the home or the land the home is on?

I would try to place a cross in your rooms, especialy the bed room. Also, say a prayer for those crossing over to find peace and comfort in the arms of the Lord.

Use lavedar in your bedroom. This is very effective and very relaxing.

Keep us posted!

God Bless!
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-02)
Hey Chris.
It's really odd, I hope someone else replies. Also after I published A LOT of things happened. Hope form you soon.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-02)
Hi Patch. Ist been some time but I'm glad to hear from you again. I know you are a sensitive and it is "easy" for you to pick up on things. I believe there may be a ghost in your home. I wish I could answer your question! I'm soryy. Im not sure if it is a warning. But there seems to be a lot of activity in your home. Try doing reasearch about the house. Maybe something happened ther. I'm glad that you shareed this story with us and if you do find anything out let us know. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: