You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: We Feel a Presence in our Apartment

Real Ghost Stories

We Feel a Presence in our Apartment

 

I have always loved anything that involves the paranormal. I always thought it was cool to have a haunted house, until now that I actually live in one. I moved to Redlands, CA to be closer to work. Many people know that the city itself is very old and spooky. Lots of ghost activity and many cults.

My fiance and I moved to an apartment thinking nothing of the paranormal. Never really thought about apartments being haunted, until things started happening. Lights would turn on and off, soap being thrown at my fiances back, door knobs turning back and forth. One night a candle was actually lit by someone or something. It was even a Jesus candle. Water focets would turn on, a lot of little things that we just blew off as nothing.

But as time passed, we could feel a presence in our master bedroom, I get a heavy male presence, and it really scares me. When we are laying in bed, I feel like something is hovering over us, not wanting us to sleep. My fiance Ralph always feels like someone's face is right next to his.

Ralph also told me he felt like something was hoping on our bed as he was laying in bed. What really confirmed things was when my 3 year old step daughter said "Look,they are dancing in my room!" When I looked in her room, it was empty. I looked at Ralph and decided to ask Lauren some questions. I asked if it was a boy or girl, she said it was a girl with "vicki's hair" (MY NAME) I'm guessing she had black hair. I also asked if she is good or bad, Lauren said "oh she's really nice". I am beginning to think that there is more than one ghost. Lauren seems to think this one is really nice, when me and Ralph feel the male in our room is not.

If someone can please help me out, Its just beginning to get really stressful. Its a bit embarrassing being a 23 year old woman still sleeping with the light on. What can we do to get rid of all the ghosts in our home? I've tried telling them to go to the light but that doesn't seem to work.

Also one night me and Ralph were just laying in bed talking about pretty much everything when the subject of the devil came up. He told me he once read on the internet that there was a web site of demon names... He said he logged off because he got scared. During our conversation he had mentioned a few of the demon names, could that have brought other "things" in to our home just because he said their names? It scares me to think about it.

I'm a person with very big faith so I try and pray a lot in our home but nothing seems to stop. If anyone could spit some advice to me, it would be very much appreciated.

Other hauntings by vickifigueroa

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vickifigueroa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

bokaba (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-27)
I know this is an old, but I would suggest that you suffer from being a haunted person rather than living in a haunted place as you have had multiple paranormal experiences in different homes. I ran a search of your name and someone by that name lived at the apartments across the street from Walmart. I can't think of a particular reason they would be haunted (who knows what has happened with apartments with thousands of people coming and going over the years). The lot was orange groves until the 1980s when the apartments were built. Prior to that, they were part of the Jose Maria Lugo Rancho centered around the Assistencia. Prior to that, it was possibly grounds of the Native American village Guachama a few blocks away on Mission Boulevard in Loma Linda.
vickifigueroa (5 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
Thanks WHITEBUFFALO...
I am so excited! Whats really weird is that I noticed since I have been pregnant, I can hear a lot more clearly, its really hard to explain, but I hear a lot louder than usuall and I get scared more easily. I don't know what that means but I'm sure I'll find out more into my pregnancy.I'll keep you all posted on what goes on. ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-08)
Congratulations, Vicki.
What an exciting time of life for you!
I do not know for certain that your experiences with ghosts will take a turn. I DO know that I actually STARTED having my experiences more frequently when I was pregnant with my son.
Here is the problem with that statement though. My four year old is... I do not really want to say that he is psychic, but he does have some truly amazing abilities. In fact, there are times in my home that I feel like the child, and HE is teaching me something. Of course, I think any mother can say that. Our children teach us so much (like how to slow down).
In MY personal life, I feel that the reason I started to see and hear things with his pregnancy, was to prepare me for what it is that he is going to need. How can you really show someone, or teach someone, if you have no knowledge of what it is that they need guidance in?
I can not answer for anyone, save myself, but for me, things "heated up" during his pregnancy.
Thank you.
vickifigueroa (5 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-08)
Thanks everyone for taking the time to read my story. All of your comments and suggustions are very much appreciated! ❤ I haven't heard or seen anything since I've wrote my story, maybe because I just found out that I'm pregnant so all my focus in on that. I wonder, since I'm pregnant will the ghopsts appear more or the same as usual? And when the baby finally comes, I'm wondering if the ghosts will acknowledge?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-07)
I believe, Vicky, that if you were just to mention the name of a demon, that would not cause an infestation of that demon. I call it an infestation, as it takes a bit to get rid of a demon, and in time it feels as if there are many there, instead of just having one.
I believe that in order for you to be harassed by a demon, you have to call it, or taunt, tease, or otherwise challenge it. I am not a demonologist, so that may not be completely accurate, but in all of my experiences, and those of the people I know with experiences, there has not been one demon present.
I DO however know that some ghosts can feel completely evil. And in that may be thought to be a demon. I can not begin to guess at the ratio between ghosts and demons, but it honestly looks as if the chances are pretty slim that what you have in your home IS a demon.
If this were my home, I would first try out the burning of lavender incense. That should help in ridding the home of any negative beings that are lurking, with or without your knowledge. Your step daughter appears to have a friend in a ghost. If she is not a negative being, she will not be affected.
If the lavender does not do the trick, I would then go forward and try to perform the Native American smudging ceremony that is posted to this site. I know for a fact that it works and have no reservations on suggesting the use of it. You do not have to talk to the ghosts, and it is all inclusive. Do be warned, however that you may need to do the ceremony more than once. Some ghosties are as stubborn in death as they were in life and want to hang on to the home where they stay.
Most importantly, realize that this is YOUR home. Make a point to talk to yourself (not really, but an outsider may think that you are 😊) and tell what or who ever that is there that they are not welcome. Let them know that you are the queen of that domain and they have been banished.
When you pray, ask for the absence of fear. Ghosts like fear, it is like food to them. Ask your Higher Power to send you a HOST of angels to help combat what you feel is a threatening presence in your home. You may be surprised. That may be all you really need.
Thank you.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-05)
I watch Paranomal State and they do think saying a demon's name invites it or gives it more power if already there. Don't know if I buy that but guess demonolgists think that is the case. I myself do not. There are demon names in the bible and considering how many bible readers there are I would think if it were true we would be having an epidemic of demon sightings.
Lgabal (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-05)
It's always good to sleep with a light on. I have a night light on in the bathroom. Have you tried lighting a white candle and tell them to go towards the light. Maybe that will help. Also some people say that bad spirits are attracted to the dark. I leave my bible open just to be on the safe side. Alot of weird things have happened to me. I haven't posted anything yet but I will soon.
mmeibos (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-05)
hello vickifigueroa, your story is so scary to me, because it kind of resembles to my situation. I haven't posted the story yet, cause the page is busy with other stories, but it looks a bit like yours. I am a 17 year boy and I live in holland, and I have a very little room, were some people seriously could get claustrofobic. There are things in my room, I can't see them, but I can sence them. They can see everything I think, because there are certain subjects I am not allowed to think about. When I start thinking about them, I can hear sounds like ticking from my window, or shoving from the curtains. I never believed in god nor ghosts but because of these things I did start believing in ghosts. God never helped me yet, even though I tried to pray to him. But there is one thing that helps sometimes. I strongly think of a ghostly appearance and I try to send it away, most of the time, it works, and the sounds stop.
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-02)
Hi Vicki,
I would definitely take the advice of what others have written here. And oh, by the way, I'm a few weeks shy of my 40th b-day and I still sleep with the light on. --Nothing to be ashamed of. 😉

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Jennifer ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-02)
Vickifigueroa,
First of all, I do not believe that simply stating or saying the name of a specific demon could call their presence. You would have to actually invite it or taunt it in some fashion.

It does sound as if you have at least a few different things occuring in your home. In your bed room, I would hang a cross, at least one if not more. Tell 'it' (for lack of a better word) to leave. Tell 'it' that it is not wanted there and will not be permitted there in the name of the Lord. (also, using lavendar at night is very effective and peaceful).

For the girl in your step daughters room, continue to tell her to go to the light. She may be frightened. Let her know that it will be peaceful, she will see family and friends and have a lot to do and play with.

The site Martin gave you may be the most helpful. I am not sure what all they do for the investigations, but, having your house or apartment blessed by a minister or priest is certainly a great idea!

Keep us posted!
God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-02)
Hi Vicki. Although Martin has given you some help, I would try somethings myself. I don't know what faith you are but I got my home blessed. I tried differednt things but this helped the most. There is another thing. On this site you will find instuctions on how do do a smudge ceremony. I have heard from others on this site that it is probably the best for ghost to cross over. I don't think talking about demons names didn't have anything to do with the activity. But again that is my opinion and others may have a different one. Thanks for sharring your story with us and I hope your home will soon be at peace. I hope to hear from you soonand take care
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
16 years ago (2008-04-01)
Hi vickifigueroa, since you're in california, you might want to contact the ghost hunters H.P.I. They published many investigations on this site:

http://www.yourghoststories.com/organizations/ghost-hunters.php?group=2

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: