You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: A Not So Scary Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

A Not So Scary Encounter

 

Hi my name is Skye. Before I start this story, there are one or two things you should know about me and my family. Every woman on my mother's side: that's my great gran, my gran, my mum, auntie, cousin me and my sister and so on can see into the spirit realm. Don't ask why it is only the woman because I have no idea, but non of my male family members on my mother's side can see anything, but they can sense them to some degree.

Now my mum owns a shop all Incentive in the town I live in. It sells things to do with spirits and things like candles and incense sticks. The usual things people like to buy because they smell nice, or look pretty or they really do work. Ever since I was five I have been able to see spirits, ghosts, basically you name it.

One of my short stories of when I was growing up was I used to know this little boy called Simon. Well he told me he was called Simon, I was only little myself remember. I met him in the school yard and would talk to him a lot. None of the other children could see him, at a young age the school even tried to refer me to see a councilor because they were worried, but my mum said I was fine. I didn't understand and thought Simon was a boy, but my mum knew, she could see him to. I will always remember Simon, he was the first spirit I talked to. I found out later from my mum that he had died in a World War Two bombing and he had come to the school because he liked it there.

One day I was sat talking to this boy Simon and he said he was glad I was his friend, but he had to go. I was really sad and started to cry, but Simon told me that I had nothing to worry about and that I would see him again some day when I was ready to. Because I was little I didn't know what that meant, but I told him that I was going to miss him and that I would never forget him.

Later on that day, when I was leaving school, I saw Simon waving to me, like he was saying goodbye. I turned to my mum and told her Simon was my friend and that he was going today.

My mum gave me a smile and told me that he was glad to have me as a friend, but he was ready to cross over. I didn't fully understand what that meant then, but my response to that was "When he comes back can he come for tea?" When I asked that my mum laughed and said the same thing as Simon. I would see him again one day when I was ready.

I nodded and turned to wave to Simon, but he had gone. I cried all the way home, sad to have lost my friend.

Now I understand who Simon was and I truly miss him, I hope where ever Simon is he is happy and at peace at last, I am only glad that I was there to help him on his way. My mum later told me that Simon only wanted a friend to talk to. But I kept my promise and to this day I remember Simon, partly the reason why I am posting this story.

I still help spirits to try and cross over when I can, I want to help all of them like I did with Simon. But those tales are stories for another time.

I hope we can all look at this story as an example that not all spirits are bad and some just want a friend to talk to.

Rest In Peace Simon Xxxxxxxx

Other hauntings by Harbringer_of_Doom

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Harbringer_of_Doom, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-17)
That's a nice story! I think Simon came to you not only because you were sensitive to him but you were open to him by not getting scared and not treating him any differently. Waiting to hear more from you!
crossingover1111 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
Loved your story. Do you still help spirits cross over? I think those of us with this gift have a very important job in helping them cross over. I too have this gift and never knew what to do with it until I read a great book about a mother and her daughter who cross over lost souls whenever they encounter them. It made perfect sense. I did not understand why they kept hanging around me or my daughter and now I know they know we can feel or see them.
MattM (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
That is a beautiful story. You're lucky you have a gift like this. I hope your friend is doing find and I am sure you'll meet him again one day. I'm sure that he is watching over you, too. I hope you meet him again one day. Good luck!
Trackkstarrr (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-26)
thanks for the time to write this. You are truly lucky to have such a qift like this, you were able to gain a friend that really ment something to you.

god bless ❤
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-26)
Nice typing,Harbringer_of_Doom.You said that your famly can see ghosts, but only the female side of the family can see ghosts, which is a little bit nice. You could be having a good job in the future or moving to another country. It depends on what you do harbringer of doom, it depends on what you do...
poltergeist45 (1 stories) (46 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-23)
Thank you so much for the story! I bet you can't wait to see simon again, if I had a friend like that I would be thrilled! I think you are lucky to have a gift like yours. There is a reason why god gave that ability to you. 😊
Harbringer_of_Doom (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-23)
Thank you for the lovely comments. I will be sure to post more of my encounters at a later date. Thenk you Tonith and Kim I wish you both well in the future. Xxxx
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-22)
Thank you for sharing your story and for helping one of the poor lost lonely souls that have not crossed over for one reason or another.

I look forward to hearing other experienes you have had.

Speaking as a person who was told she had a vivid imagination, that she should nopt make up stories, etc, I can say you have a terrific support system in your family.

God Bless!
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-21)
Honey, I think you have the makings for a good medium. Seems like it runs in the family and you may have been blessed with being even more intuned then the others. Use it wisely. Your mother sounds like a wonderful woman and I am so glad she understood what was happening. I pity the kids with this gift that are told it's all in their imagination. It may be your destiny to help others cross over. Go for it. It's your gift from God for the wandering souls that need help to get to the other side for whatever reason.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: