You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Kimberly Street

Real Ghost Stories

Kimberly Street

 

For those of you who read my first story about the house on Kimberly Street, that was only about my house. I posted a comment that stated it was not just the house, but my street as a whole that had activity.

My friend that lived across the street, Amy, she also had things happen in her house as well. I was over there one afternoon and we were sitting in her living room watching TV. All of a sudden what looked like a hand slammed into the window across from us. We both screamed at the same time and went running out the door. We stopped in the front yard and thought maybe it was just a bird, upon further examination, no bird or feathers could be found in front of that window.

As I stated in my first story, there were a lot of kids for us to play with and there were a lot of teenage boys that lived in the neighborhood too. We put a volleyball net up in our yard and every Sunday almost the whole neighborhood would be over there to play. We would cook out on the grill and different people would bring different things. Amy had gone home to get something out of her room on one of these Sundays and all of a sudden we heard her scream. At the same time that she screamed, her basement light turned on. About 5 of the teenage boys went running over there to make sure she was ok. By the time they ran across the street she had run from up stairs and was half way through her yard. When they asked her what was wrong, all she said was that someone was in her house. Upon them immediately going into her house and searching, they found nothing but the basement light on.

My parents went out of town for the night and I decided to stay with my friend Wendy. She lived on the "main" street that you turned off of to get to my street. We played about all day, ate that evening, took a bath and we were getting ready for bed. All of a sudden I got this terrible pain in my stomach and was just so nauseous. Her dad tried everything that they had and nothing was working. At about 2am, I called my next door neighbor, Donna, and asked her if I could come to her house for the night because I was so sick. She agreed and told me she would open the kitchen door and cut on the light for me so, off I went through the yard.

When I got beside Wendy's house, there was a huge butterfly bush and it started shaking violently. I'm not talking about a bird or squirrel moving in the bush, I mean shaking to the point that blooms and leaves were falling to the ground by the handfuls. I ran as fast as I could through the yard and across the street to Donna's house where she was waiting for me in the kitchen. When I ran through the door, out of breath, she asked what was wrong and I told her. She told me it was just my imagination and for me to lay down on the sofa and go on to sleep.

I don't know whether it was the shock of the bush or being out of Wendy's house, but when I finally caught my breath I was no longer sick to my stomach. So there you go, another experience on Kimberly Street. I hope you enjoyed and like always, thank you for reading!

Other hauntings by bette31

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bette31, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rocker_Andrew (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-08)
Your stories are so good. They're very enjoyable. I like this story better than the first this one has more detail. Great Job on both pieces though.😁
osyka (7 stories) (28 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
Hi bette31,

On reading your stories about Kimberly Street I must say that true, that whole street must be full of restless spirits. On the other hand, it might be true that during a frightening moment our imagination flows further more than we expect but I agree with immikeswife2008, maybe there is a burial ground some place near that street or even it was there where the houses stand now.

Take care
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-11)
well it was a well written story. Thanks for posting it. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-26)
So,is it a poltergeist or a playful ghost disturbing you?He/She may be bored and decided to play a prank on you.
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-21)
Tonith-The friend that I stayed with is not the same friend that had the things happen in her house, that was Amy. Wendy was the friend that had told me about the poltergeist. It was her house that I was staying at, the only time I stayed there. We ate the same thing and she didn't have any problems, what so ever. The bush, could have very well been a larger animal. I have never disputed that, but with so many strange things that have happened in that neighborhood, everthing just couldn't have all been "coincidence". We only lived in the house for 6 months and for as long as our neighbor had lived in the house beside us (she had been there for 5 years when we moved in) according to her, no one had ever lived in the house for over 8 months.

Whether paranormal or not, this is just something that has stayed with me for years now. Could there be a logical explanation for the things that happened there? Maybe. Then again, maybe there isn't...
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-21)
Not saying this is the case but there could have been a bigger animal like a fox or groundhog in that bush. You may have startled it. As far as being sick I have no clue. If you both ate the same things and your friend didn't get sick then it wasn't from the food. I'm also assuming you have stayed at that friend's house before without any thing going amiss. Do you think it had something to do with what your friend experienced in the basement?
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-21)
immikeswife2008-I don't know if anyone ever looked into whether there was a graveyard or burial ground on the area. I do remember going with some friends to a supposed Indian burial ground that was only about 2 or 3 miles down the road.
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-21)
KimSouthO-I can see where you would think that my imagination ran away with me, trust me, if I hadn't been there it would be hard for me to believe. I have replayed these events hundreds upon hundreds of times in my mind and while relating these to other people. At no time did I need to embelish any of these memories or try to use my imagination to make them seem more than what they were. This did happen when I was in the 5th grade, now I am 31 years old and I can remember everything that happened to me when I lived in that neighborhood just like it happened yesterday! Even with time, some things will never change...
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-21)
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I am not going to comment as of yet, except to say--don't let you imagination run away with you.

thanks for sharing!

God Bless!
immikeswife2008 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-21)
Now that would be very creepy, Did anyone ever look into that part to see if there was any old cemetary there or burial ground?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: