You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Attacked by a Dark Entity at Night

Real Ghost Stories

Attacked by a Dark Entity at Night

 

I am new to this site, as I found it after the incident that literally just happened to me. I'll give some background info; I'm 19 years old, I am a strong believer in Christ, yet I have some personal demons that I have been struggling with for some time. I have not always been a believer, I have my reasons for becoming religious.

I've been really skeptical about ghost stories and the like, since this stuff never really happened to me. Lately I have been feeling a little dark. I feel like something is going to happen, something bad. I have a strange gift for being empathetic, and can usually tell exactly what is going to happen in the near future.

The other night I was laying in my room about to go to sleep, when the first incident happened. It was probably after 3am and I begun to hear something moving in my room. It was a scraping or dragging noise, and it sounded like it was getting closer in intervals of about 10 seconds. Of course I got really freaked out, but I did not want to move. I knew in my mind that this was not a physical threat, and it was something I still cannot explain. It got closer to my bed until it sounded like it was almost underneath me. I finally jumped up when the poster right next to my head basically blew off the wall. I prayed a little bit and went back to sleep.

For a few days nothing happened, but I was having a really bad feeling still. I got home late again last night, and I was having a little trouble sleeping. I finally started to drift off to sleep around 4am. I began having a vivid dream about my job. Everything was fine until...

BAM - something hit me in the face. I'm not talking about a gentile poke, something forcefully hit me in the face and woke me up. I cannot explain the feeling exactly. It was not really painful, but it felt like it had some strength behind it. It also felt like it hit my entire face/front of my head with equal power. It also took me a few minutes to really think about what happened since I was deep in a dream. I laid in bed scared for about 20 more minutes. I did not want to move or do anything, as I really had no idea what the hell happened. I prayed some more and tried to go back to sleep. It's a little hard when something just hit you in the face and you have no idea what it was!

It wasn't over... I began drifting off to sleep again. By this time (after laying in bed for about an hour) it was starting to becoming light out. I felt safer and fell asleep again. I began having another dream that I was in a restaurant. In the dream I started coughing and choking, and I instantly snapped out of it again. This is when things got crazy.

First of all, I was paralyzed. I could not move and my heart rate shot up noticeably. I cannot describe the feeling of what was happening perfectly. Something was trying to control me, and was succeeding. My ears were ringing and I began hallucinating. I was not dreaming or anything at this point, I was completely awake and alert of what was happening. Whatever it was forcefully moved my head towards the right. I have a poster on my wall of a few girls, and it had turned into a picture of a hand, like a controlling, sinister hand. I begun freaking out as I fought to breath and move and break free of whatever had control of me.

I almost begun to panic, since I was being full-on attacked. I remembered to try and stay calm but it was becoming hard as whatever this was fought for control of me. I prayed some more and it seemed to give up. I was wrong. It attacked again after about a minute. Stronger and harder than before. This time my blankets even fell off my bed. I kicked my feet a little bit and prayed more. I could barely speak, and when I did I could only mumble "God help me".

This occurred not one or two times, but FIVE OR SIX. Each time there was about a minute break between. Between each attack I felt exhausted and could not get up right away. I was trying to catch my breath and it would happen again. Each time shadows would move all around my walls. On what I believe was the sixth try my door opened up. At this point I thought it was my mom and I tried to mumble something out. I managed to say "Mom help I can't move". There was no answer. My door shut and than I felt something grab my leg. I begun freaking out more than ever. My door opened again and I heard something come towards my bed, and than something under my bed. I tried to shout for my mom but no words could escape my mouth. I believe it attacked one more time before it finally left. I than realized that my mother never checked in on me this morning.

It is now 7:30am and I have yet to sleep. I am no longer scared, I actually feel a little calm. I know it is gone for a little, but am very clueless at this point. What the hell is happening to me? I've never had an experience like this before, and after reading some stories on this site I gather this is a pretty significant one. Somebody please help!

PSALMS 144:1 "Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my fingers for war and my hands for battle..."

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DannyBoy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

tohelpandbehelpeditswar (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-31)
I find myself sharing many similarities with you and your story. As years have passed since you posted this, I wonder, have things gotten better or darker. Being religious, I feel that my dark past and my current love for God and His way have me at the pinnacle of a spiritual battle for my soul. My past is littered with evil, but I'm happy to say I have done a complete 180. I feel like people who have ventured close to hell have more darkness around us. When we betray those evils and turn to Christ, all those evils come back with a vengeance. The things I've experienced, especially since my recent spiritual awakening trump most horror films. I want to know how things have continued for you. If the evil we have experienced is comparable or if you through Christ have conquered it. I'm anxious to tell my stories, but the site is not currently accepting any more. Stay strong. You are not alone.
JrGhostHunter (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
Have you tried contacting a priest or, by any chance, emailed a professional?
I may be able to help a little;
Have you played Ouija or practiced tarot?

And next time you are attacked, try "religious resistance" which is visualizing yourself in Jesus's Light. I have heard it helps, along with Holy Water.
Hope I helped!
Merry Christmas,
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-07)
If there is ANYthing in your lifestyle or habits or home that
May be causing this, it needs to be identified and immediately removed--permanently.
You best know of any such relevant factors.
Hope you're able to accomplish what's needed to bring relief.
DoctorSinister (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-07)
You have sleep paralysis. Doctors call it a sleeping disorder. 30% of Americans have it. I have it too and I used to wake up in the middle of the night not being able to move hearing and seeing strange and sometimes very terrifying things, but I figured out how to defeat it. What I do is I fall asleep with my head facing my right or left. If I sleep with my head up facing the ceiling I almost always have nightmares or another case of sleep paralysis.
christianboy01 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
im going to tell you what it is that you need to do first if you can prey in tongues do that becuase when you prey is when god will really speack to you listen to what he has to say and ask him what you need to do because on this one I can't tell you because I honestly don't know but your father does ask him prey and if something tries to stop you let god comfort you I promise he will not turn away stay faithfull and god blessed
FinanceMajor (1 stories) (64 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
I understand what you arfe going through.
It sounds like you need some sound advice.

Usually, these things do happen to people whom are empathetic, because we are easily influenced by words, ideas, stories, people.
You may feel safe sometimes at night, and then other TIMES, feel this presence, a feeling, something there undoubtably around you.

Your Conviction, Inner Strength, Determination are your Armor, Shield, Weopons.

Sometimes prayer is not enough, especially when you blindly pray, I mean just going through the routine, lacks enthusiasm and energy, because we forget the power of prayer.

Do This, go to Church get some Holy Water in a Bottle. Sprinkle some around your Bed, say a prayer, but, talk to God with Sincerity. Give power to your prayer, because it gives Strength to Your Words, basically saying, "I Mean Business",
"God I Need You Help".

It seems to me that you may have more than one entity working against you. These things are actually Cowards, think about it they Attack at night when you are asleep, or resting, and build strength on your fear. However, this can wear you down, especially if it happens Night After Night.

Now I don't mean to say no possible way it could not be "sleep paralysis", maybe, but maybe not. No one really know...

Think about this One Hundred Billion Stars in the Galaxy, and there are Hundreds of Billions of Galaxies, so, there are a lot of things out there we do not know exist.

We are a very primitive culture, still evolving Emotionally, and Intellectually.

If you would like me to say a prayer for you, email me at victor8325 [at] hotmail.com
Sometimes, we all need help, especially in certain circumstances.
huendchen (49 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-02)
Unfortunately the closer you become to God, the more you open yourself up to demonic attacks.

Over the course of Christian history, it has been a well-observed phenomenon that the most pious and dedicated Christians have been systematically attacked and tortured by demons seeking to draw them away from God. Saints, disciples, church leaders and myriad devoted believers have suffered demonic torment in return for their dedication to God. This may be what you're experiencing and I really suggest you see your pastor/priest about this, as he/she may be able to help you. He/she will not think you're crazy.

Otherwise, keep fighting it and keep praying. I know this sounds like the same old thing and you may feel like praying isn't working and that may scare you more than the attacks themselves... But by praying you have already won the battle. These attacks may stop or they may not, but as long as you keep your faith, you're going to be fine. They may hurt you or scare you, but your soul belongs to God - that's the one thing they are after and the one thing they cannot touch while you remain faithful.

Huendchen.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-31)
Wow! And welcome to this site! I am glad you chose to share with us! I have had a few similar experiences with shadows and encounters, but nothing so profound! The only advice I can give is to pray each night for God to will it away back to where it belongs! Good luck! 😊
believingingod (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-30)
I'll have the same experience the exact same thing before but in a different way. Could you email to me because I want to learn more about your story and compare to my story. And also talk about more stuff about what we both have experience.
ZUKISMOM (5 stories) (58 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-30)
Hey, I am new to the site, but have been experiencing things such as this since I was
around 6 years old and I am 40 now. I have studied the paranormal and demonology for a lot of years to try and understand these things better. This is just a personal theory. Sounds like you have some dark entities that are trying hard to win you from the faith of God and goodness. Demons are very tricky and their whole existance is to sway humans from God and to the dark side. Keep your faith strong and they will tire of you and move on. Like I said just a personal theory. Good luck to you and GOD BlESS YOU.
❤ P
tricia889 (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-28)
I work in a sleep lab and it is possible that you are showing a couple signs of narcolepsy, sleep catalepsy, sleep paralyis, and wake onset hullucinations are all signs of this disorder. Not saying that this is that but it could be, although having your head forced around doesn't really fit the status quo so to speak. Look into it, if you have excessive daytime sleepiness, get more tired when your anxious or stressed, if you fall asleep minutes after you hit your pillow and imidiately start dreaming it could be something neurological. Or it could be something unexplainable and in that case find some protection. Good luck.
LoveforHope0226 (5 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-28)
I think that you should have a bible and wear the roseary beads, I think that's what they're called. But if you do, make sure you bless them before you wear them, if you do. It really works. My mom had a friend whos STILL taunted by that stuff. But she says that the beads works. You should try it. If they do, tell me, k?
supernaturalguy3710 (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-28)
that was sleep paralasis. Good that you fought back. Something like that happened to me to once, but came off after about 60 seconds. If watever did that, gave you a one minute break, then it was playing, or testing you.
Nightgoddess (14 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-28)
omgsh alomost the same thing happened to me last night. Write me back I want to talk with you
SuperHaraki (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-28)
Wow, seems like this thing really hates you! O_o I agree with Kane; you should pray, get someone to bless the house, etc. Etc. I would've ran out of the room screaming after the incidents if I were you! Lol.

Have a nice day! ❤
starke_mamoru (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-28)
okay first off I'm new to this site and I want to tell you something don't call a preist don't pray go to a sleep clinic cause you could be surfering form a disease in wich you stop breathing in your sleep causing the hollucantions (exceuse my bad spelling) and bad or werid dreams. The reason you can't move is when you're in deep sleep your brain makes a hormon that stops you from moving and acting out your dreams. The hollutiantions agian could be cause by eating bread made by wet wheat this has happened may times in 1700's thus the Salem witch trials so what you have need to check out by an doctor or a psycologist 😐 😐 😐
Goldeneyes (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-28)
I experience these kind of things as a teenager. Although they were not as aggresive as yours, they still happened. It is frightening and very scary, because you assume if you pray or call out to God that it will stop and it Doesn't! I have a feeling this has something to do with you becoming a Christian. I always felt like the better I tried to live and the more I prayed, the more this darkness would attack me. I even talked to my pastor about it... I am no longer in the Christian faith, and wonder if this is something we bring on ourself... After years of going through this, I am pretty much free of these attacks... (I am now 39 and it started when I was about 13)...Although every few years it does happen... Again I have a feeling this has something to do with the spiritual world and what you are being taught about, demons and spirits.
shada (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-28)
I agree with Kane, that is a pickle... And not the nummy dill kind (sorry lunch time). If I may offer my own suggestions in addition to Kane's (which are very good).

Holy water/oil anointed on the entrance of the room. You should be able to get this from a church, if you talk to a priest/pastor you should be able to ask for some. Make sure you participate in the blessing of said water/oil.

Hanging a cross above your bed may help as well, similar to the St. Benedict, you need to believe in it.

Good luck.
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-28)
Ooooook! This was a bit freaky! I really enjoyed your story but it scared me a wee to much! Does it only happen to you or to your whole family? If it happens to your whole family, it might just be a mad ghost but if it happens only to you,... Then there might be a problem. It can also be your imagination but that is a little unlikley! Please keep informing us!
Biemaster
Karyn (1 stories) (63 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-28)
Hi Dannyboy! I really enjoyed your story and hope nothing else bad has happened to you. If your story is true prayer and reading psalms will help.
Kane has obviously been watching a little too much, "Supernatural", on the tele. I love the show too Kane, but you just can't use plain old Mortons house salt. It must be pure rock salt and blessed. I checked this rumor before I posted this.
Anyhoo,good luck and God Bless!
Kane (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-28)
Well, it seems as though you're in quite a pickle. This is a very serious issue and it is my feeling you should take every step to protect yourself. What I'm about to tell you are just suggestions in the hope that one might work for you. They might all fail completely, but you never know.

Since you are religious I would say pray pray pray. Pray about it when you think about it. Take great steps to improve your faith if you can. See a priest. He may be able to give some comfort and perhaps a blessing.

Try wearing a medal of Saint Benedict. In my research I have read that a monk who was wearing it was approached by a demon and the demon could not harm him because of the medal. You must believe in its power for it to work. <-Untested.

Try finding a reason why such beings would want to hurt/control you. If you can find it and get rid of it, they might go away. You might also try placing salt along any entrance to where you sleep (i.e. All doors, windows, floor vents, etc.) Supposedly the purity of salt will repel evil spirits and they can't cross a SOLID LINE blocking an entrance. <- Again, untested.

If I find anything in my continuing research that might help I'll let you know. Again, all that I have mentioned are just ideas and I don't know if they'll work. Try them only at your own will. Sorry for the long windedness. Let me know if any of this helps. I hope you find some peace in all this.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: