You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Attacks In The Night

Real Ghost Stories

Attacks In The Night

 

It seems that throughout my life, I have been subject to incidents that cannot be explained... My parents have always described it as an 'overactive' imagination; however I think it's something more. At the moment, I am 14 years old, and I would like to share with you that which I have experienced.

A few years ago, I don't know, maybe I was 7... Maybe 8. I can't recall exactly. But anyways, I was asleep in my bed, which had one side pushed up against the wall. I suddenly awoke with a start - and was instantly filled with a feeling of dread and terror. I tried to move, but my limbs did not respond.

I then suddenly heard laughter, laughter caused by two presences. Their voices both seemed male, one older and darker than the other. Their laughter stopped, and the older one hissed,

"Interesting..."

The voice was so vivid and distinct; I still recognize exactly how it sounded and felt.

At this time, I felt a sharp pressure on my thighs - like something was pushing me down against the bed. I fought back against this, attempting to kick my arms and legs. The two presences suddenly receded and disappeared, leaving me lying out of breath on my bed.

After explaining the experience to my parents, they simply dismissed it as a dream. A year or so later, a more dramatic incident happened.

I was sleeping once more, in the same bed. I awoke with the same sense of fear, while trying to figure out what was going on. I noticed a shadow stretching out across my doorway, and slowly the figure of a crawling man began to enter my room. It was too dark to notice any distinct features of the creature, but I could see that his head was tilted at an odd angle; as if its neck was broken.

I heard the two voices again, but this time I could not understand what they were saying. The older voice seemed quiet, almost tired. The younger presence seemed excited and loud.

The man was crawling closer and closer to my bed, in which I once again fought and fought - trying to move. I suddenly felt a rush of energy, and I tumbled off the bed and onto the floor. I noticed that the apparition had disappeared, which I was glad of. I then felt drained, and fell asleep there on the floor.

Nothing else significant has happened in the last few years... But after these two incidents, I have moved from my old bedroom into my brother's room, which moved out a few years ago.

As far as I know, this house really has no history. It's only a few years old.

If anyone can help me explain the two presences, then please, don't hesitate to share your thoughts.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Onu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

yuzuriya (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-01)
Hey. I'm also from Germantown/Menomonee Falls. I had experienced something similar to yours at my house before the one we're in right now, back in Milwaukee. Pretty scary.
bossymum (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-08)
It can be sleep paralysis. Search it up because it's your mind that's playing tricks on you. Usually during sleep paralysis, you hallucinate the most scariest things. Believe me, I've been there.
Amber_Bailey (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-09)
I had a similar experience. But the guy with his head tilted crawling towards your bed,wow,that scares me! 😕
spirit13 (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-10)
wow! That must have been so scary I mean having some one eneter your room like that' god you must have been scared to death'
Has any one been in your room since you moved out and if they have ask them if they have had any encounters with the dude.
MDK94 (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-10)
Hello Onu and thanks for the story. This was definatly one of the more creepier stories I've read on this website. I would be interested to hear more form you. I am also 14, living in Germantown. It's in the southeast area and I also hae had my share of malevolent encounters. Stay safe, Best wishes 😊
Onu (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-14)
Bellissima,

That could be true also... I tired looking into it, but couldn't find any information on the property. As far as I know, there are probably no important artifacts like what you described. I have some old beads that are in that room, along with some other nic-nacs, but nothing that I think would seem significant.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
Hi Onu. You say the house has no history but the land has been there forever.I'm sure it has a tremendous amount of history. You could be experiencing spirits that are attached to the land. Another thought, did you have any antiques or second hand items in your old room? The spirits could be attached to something in that room, especially since you haven't had anything happen since you switched rooms.
Onu (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
Thank you for your comments. It was indeed a rather scary experience...

Biemaster,

It very well might of been Sleep Paralysis. I talked to my parents about the subject, but they had no idea what I was talking about. One thing I'm sure of though - it was not a dream. I was fully awake and aware of my surroundings when both encounters happened.

Rather subtle hints of the two presences have continued to show themselves throughout the past few years, but none significant enough that I feel they're important.
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
Hey Onu!

Are you sure you were awake? It could easily have been a dream or a state of sleep paralysis. Did it happen to any of your family members or only to you? If this is still happening, I suggest you keep a tape recorder or a digital recorder on the full night. The next morning, you might find some answers to your questions.
Biemaster
ghostluver_aly (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
i wouldve done the same thing in moving to your brothers room.
that sounds like it was absolutely terrorfying, something crawling into your
room like that.
maybe the man who looked like his neck was broken was hanged or something years ago in a tree where you house stood?
just a random example as to the answer...
i hope this never happens again to you!
stay safe!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
The description of the figure crawling near your bed with his head tilted as if broken was TERRIFYING!

I can understand your parents' skepticism but you need to persist a lot more if you need their help. Stick to your story, tell them of your fears and ask their help. They are your parents afterall, and more than anything, they must understand you're not looking for attention.

Keep us posted if anything else happens.

Thanks for posting your experience.
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-12)
Well I have to say that that would have scared the absolute crap out of me! I don't think I would have been able to sleep on the floor or anywhere near that room.

You are very brave!

Jennifer ❤
JohorMsia (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-12)
Those entities doesn't seem friendly, mischievious indeed. For safety measures I suggest you sleep with the lights on at the moment to keep the level of fright low. Prolong fright may cause emotional and health problems in the long run.

Try convincing your parents about the problem and talk to someone who you can trust. For your age, it is wise to discuss with your parents concerning this matter first. Do not try to consult a spiritual advisor/medium/etc on your own as this wouldn't be appropriate because of your age.

Take the first step early. If your are strong enough to face it, and you are a strong person at heart and soul, then I have no worries for you. Perhaps these encounters of the unseen might indeed strenghten you inside.

If you are frighten and couldn't pass your days and nights in peace, you have to do something about it.

Talk to someone to ease the burden. Someone who you can trust and rely on.

By the way, the mysteries of life have been baffling mankind. Just stay strong.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: