You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Leaving Old Castle

Real Ghost Stories

Leaving Old Castle

 

Over the past few weeks I have moved out of Old Castle into my own place with my partner and daughter. About a week before I moved out I was in the kitchen (an original part of the house) with my brother Christopher. We were watching something on the T.V. On top of the T.V was my mobile phone. Suddenly my mobile "flew" of the top of the TV and landed at Chris's feet. We just looked at each other and he started to laugh and say a few words that I won't type on here.

At first I thought maybe the vibrations caused by the volume of the TV had knocked the mobile off but the thing is Christopher was sitting at least 3 meters from the TV, and the phone didn't just simply slide of and drop to the floor it literally "flew" over the room. Just in case though I picked up my mobile and put it back on top of the TV to see if the same thing would happen again, it didn't, so I got up went over to the TV and pushed the phone off, as I thought it dropped to the floor just in front of the TV.

During that last week I also kept getting "poked" in the side and on my shoulder, although I have to admit due to my kidney problem I have dismissed this as anything supernatural, even though the poking in my shoulder wouldn't be from any kidney problem?

Last week my mom and the rest of the family moved out of the property as well. Me and my partner also helped them move. Whilst waiting on the drive for my mom to come back with the moving van ,my partner had parked our car at an angle in front of the kitchen window. We were talking in the car when I suddenly felt uncomfortable. Looking up I saw a shadow standing just a bit back from the window, no one was in the house and the kitchen was completely empty, as we'd moved all the stuff from there the previous day. I quickly looked away, my partner seeing this asked what was wrong, I told him that I could see a shadow of someone in the kitchen. He decides to get out of the car and look through the window "There's no one in there" but as I looked up I could still see it.

My partner thinks I'm crazy and insists there was nothing in the kitchen. He has never believed in the supernatural although he has had experiences since living with me . Maybe I didn't see anything in the kitchen though, it could have been the angle that I was sitting at, although it did have a "human" shape to it?

Other hauntings by LeanneScott999

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LeanneScott999, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dukemanistan (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-15)
Having your housed smudged is definitely a good practice, I learned the practice from my holistic health practitioner, and my roommate also performs regular smudgings on our home. Fortunately your spirit didn't seem particularly hostile, more desperate for attention.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-15)
Leanne, I'm sure you already know that Bowen healers are Holistic Therapists who use their thumbs and figures to move muscles and tissue. They are treating physical pain so why did she think she can go around your house and smudge it without your approval?

I've read that wherever you go, things follow you which may indicate something completely different and most specifically that the events in your house may have nothing to do with your neighbor, land or property but then again, how well do you know her, how much do you trust this woman?

Are you aware that sometimes after smudgings and blessings of one's house, the spirits may be aggravated and that the slightest indications of something paranormal may turn into something more serious?

Then I'm wondering, why did she feel she had to perform a smudging ritual? Had something happened there that you should know about?
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-14)
While you can not officially say you see dead people you do seem to be a sensitive. As far as the phone incident you are not a teenager and I'm assuming your brother was not either at the time and much poltergeist activity can be the result of teens and their own kenetic energy. So it may be that whatever you saw in the window was the same thing that hurled the phone 3 meters. Maybe this thing just wanted your attention. It's hard to talk about these things with a partner or spouse that doesn't believe in such things. My husband thinks it's all nutty and ridiculous and he has never had anything odd ever happen to him. I have had a few things happen in my life but it's been rare. I also think if we are not afraid of this kind of thing it can happen more often because we are open to it. I don't want to see anything out of the ordinary so that's probably why I rarely have experiences. I don't swallow everything I read as genuine by a long shot but sometimes it rings so sincere you just know it's the real deal. I would not want anyone ridiculing me and I don't ridicule others but I will say I do tend to look for natural reasons before assuming its supernatural. Your story rings true to me.
LeanneScott999 (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-14)
lol I understand you Biemaster

To KimSouthO and rhodes68 - nothing unusal has happened in my new place so far which is a bit releaving on one hand and wierd on the other because I've always had unusual happenings where ever I have lived. I don't know if its something to do with my neighbour though. She is a healer that uses the Bowen technique and she has the ability to actually "feel" on her own body where others are in pain, as well as sense "energy" Before we moved in she told me that she had "smudged" my house and she regularly does this to her own house (we live in 2 up 2 down flats and have a shared enterance)
If anything does happen I will let you know 😁
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-14)
It could be that the "ghost" wanted to show itself only to you and not to anyone else? Many a times, ghosts do that because they want their secret to be known by only one or a few people. In this case, the ghost wants to show itself only to you. It may be because you believe in paranormal things and ghosts more than your partner. It may also be that the ghost is related to you in some way and not related to your partner, like the ghost can be an old resident of Old Castle, who was related to your side of the family in some way. I hope you understood what I am trying to say. Thanks and keep informing us!
Biemaster
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
Just because one of us doesn't see what the other does, it doesn't mean that all things are products of our imagination. Let alone that, as you said yourself, when an object falls to the ground, it doesn't fly 2-3 meters away. Vibrations from the tv might have sent the cell a little further away but still that far... Not a chance.

I'm glad you're out of there but I'm curious if that will be enough to stop the "strange incidents". What I mean is that you cannot be sure they are related to your previous residence.

I'll be looking forward to reading how things are at your present home.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-12)
Many of us are sensitive to occurances and experiences while others remain more closed off. From the descriptions in your stories you obviously had someone or something in the home wanted to be noticed.

I am curious, do you still have occurances and/or experiences where you are living now?

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: