You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Candle X-ray

Real Ghost Stories

Candle X-ray

 

This experience happened way back in 1994-1996 at the Sultanate of Oman. Me and my friend, Kate, were around 33-34 years old. This is only a part of my encounter with ghostly entities.

The Sultanate of Oman is a beautiful country, it's clean, organized and most of the locals are friendly. There are a lot of beautiful places that are over-looking the city. Most of its mountains (Muscat) are of rock in nature. The ruler is a very good one. He loves everyone including the expatriates.

Me and my best friend, Kate, just got locally hired at the Sultanate and since we are very good friends, we were given a furnished Studio Flat to share with, the building of which is just beside our offices. Both Kate and I are Catholics and we believe in ghost and other paranormal phenomena. Though we started to become friends in college, we never run out of stories (based on true experiences) to share.

Short Explanation of Candle X-ray:

In the Philippines (our home country), when someone gets bewitched or a curse has been put due to grudge by another person and performed by a black witch, we usually take the person to a white witch doctor especially if the medicine that we have at home doesn't affect the person at all. So the white witch doctor will usually perform Candle X-ray (or the local term is "Tawas"). The ritual has prayer on it and God knows; only the white witch doctor recites that. If the sickness which struck the person is man-made and/or was possessed by a ghost or elementals, then an image will be shown on the melted candle wax that spreads on the water.

One day Kate and I decided to do the Candle X-ray, as it was being done in our country. Though we didn't know the prayer we proceeded with our experiment. So Kate asked me to do it since I am braver than her so I agreed. For us, it was just for fun. We wanted to know whether there will be images to show from the ritual. We said our own prayers too before we did the ritual.

After that night, things started to be weird for the two of us. We started to hear strange noises especially in the night coming from the ceiling. Whenever we check our building mate (our officemate) upstairs whether she started to clean her flat at 2:00 in the morning, she will say that she never stays up that late especially on weekdays. One night we were praying the Holy Rosary, we were seated in my bed, Kate was behind me, and I sensed that she was reckless.

After our prayer, she didn't wait for me to ask her what's happening, she said that she got scared, she saw grey smoke coming out from my body, I too got scared and started to cry because what if that's a sign that my health is deteriorating... I had a lot of "what ifs"...That passed.

One day, I was washing clothes, Kate was watching TV, I went beside her just to look what she was watching then suddenly I was pushed violently, and I almost fell on Kate. Nobody was there behind me, only the two of us were in the flat. There were times that I would see Kate passing behind me and even waving her hand and smiling at me while I was brushing my teeth (because there's a sink with mirror in the hall that is between the kitchen and 1-1/2 baths) and when I enter the bedroom, Kate would be asleep and heavily snoring, wearing different clothes.

Also one time, that was around 5:30pm, a Friday, we were about to go to the store to buy something. Kate was ahead of me down the stairs and I was the one who closed/locked the door. On the other stairs from upstairs, I saw one lady coming down, but only noticed her skirt-It was pleated and printed, yellow green. Her shoes were white with a ribbon around the ankles. In short, she was like somebody from the '50's.

Suddenly I realized, nobody dresses like that in our building (girls' side) as we are all Filipinas, so then I told Kate, we got company. She said "hurry up and run!" (While typing this, the left part of my head is having goose bumps)...

There was a time, one night we came from a big grocery (Al Fair) in Wadi Kabir. We had to walk home because of the short distance, each carrying grocery bags. We passed by the big roundabout (full of flowers)...I noticed, I'd been smelling a perfume called "tea rose", I don't like that perfume (no offence intended for those of you who like Tea Rose) because it smells like funeral flowers.

Then, by the time we were almost near our building, the scent was still in my nose, I asked Kate "why do you also smell like Tea Rose?" I felt as if it had attached itself on me when we passed by the roundabout.

She said she felt it too so we began running then when we reached our door (our Flat) and opened it, the cassette radio was playing (we remembered switching it off before we went out). It was playing one of Michael Jackson's songs, "somebody's watching you".

Suddenly the damaged alarm clock (which was just kept there even it was not working for 3 days) suddenly rung continuously. Kate got it and removed the batteries and threw it outside the window, and we saw/heard it was still ringing... We both freaked out!

On another occasion, me and Kate had an argument over something that was not that important so she asked my 2 sisters, my elder sister and 2 of her lady friends (as witnesses) to meet at her house. My elder sister was sitting in the big couch with her friend. There was an empty space between them. My other friends and my sister sat on other couches. I was sitting on the dining chair, alone because we were having bully session and I was the "star" of it...

While my elder sister was talking, I noticed there was someone sitting in the middle of them where the small space was (well only a baby can sit in-between them). I tried to check whether that was my shadow (so I moved several times) but it was a solid shadow and it wasn't moving. My elder sister noticed me and asked me what was wrong.

I told her that there's somebody sitting in between them, a lady, I couldn't see the face because it was solid black and it was not moving at all. It's like it fitted itself in between them. After that, my sister freaked out and she ended the bully session and said that she'll spend the night with us in my younger sister's house... In short, she really got too scared... I didn't mean to scare anybody, in fact, I didn't mean to say anything but they asked me.

There are a lot of paranormal experiences that happened but to make it short, I had a nervous breakdown then one of our friends took me to the Priest to be blessed. Our flat was blessed too but ghosts / shadow people still continued. We spent our weekend at my sister's flat then weekdays on our haunted flat but the strange events continued until the day I left Oman in September 1996.

Perhaps the entities that we encountered in that flat were mischievous, earthbound ones and some demons too because before I had a nervous breakdown, the wall on the middle hall started to peel off its paint (day by day) and it formed the face of a devil.

The moral lesson of the story, never try something for fun without knowing anything and not being entitled to do it... It can be a way to open the wrong portals to the other dimensions.

Other hauntings by mpgb216

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mpgb216, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sanjeevgeorge (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
well, what you say at the end of your story is correct.
In other words, let sleeping dogs lie
mpgb216 (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Hi ChrisB, thanks for such a nice comment. Sorry for not replying soon, as I was quite busy. Don't worry, I'll be writing soon.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-18)
Wow great storie. I realy liked reading it. It was very scary. Kind of reminded me ofg voodoo. Thank you for sharring your story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
mpgb216 (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-18)
luvparanormal, yes it's very hard to have some entities like that. To me, it's more of like demonic creatures. I didn't include the part where I saw something like I was in hell... My friend Kate, until now, could not tell me how I looked that moment I was seeing something else. All I can remember was something was tied around my neck that was very heavy and irritating. Kate said that part, she put rosary around my neck. Normal entities are ok but not the ones that I encountered in Oman... Really horrible.
Anyway, we should always learn from our mistakes.
mpgb216 (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-18)
thanks, senseye, ask your friend to pray more, read paranormal books and understand that the entities need help too... But tell your friend not to try anything silly like what I did...
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
I'm Glad that you learned your lesson as you said at the end of your stoy don't mess with something you don't know because you can open doors to something you can't control.
senseye (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
hello mpgb216 its nice to hear that you have so much faith in God, that's also my strenght when I get too scared of something! I'm so glad you manage to handle this kind of things I have a friend who cant. Hope you can give me advices for her.
INGAT PO PALAGI!
mpgb216 (2 stories) (26 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
hi Bellissima, good question you have there. Actually, since childhood, I've been experiencing weird things but I never bothered to talk about it because I thought everybody can experience what I'm having. I've even seen Fairies when I was 6 or 7 years old (One Christmas Day) but I didn't get scared, in fact, I was so happy seeing them; the worst part was I never knew what those beings were, only when I was in Grade IV did I happened to realize that they are from the Fairy Kingdom through a literature book abouts fables and legends. Those demonic features that I've seen and felt somehow stopped, perhaps because of prayers. When I came to UAE in 1998, a friend of mine told me that I shouldn't run away from my gifts, I should actually pay attention and accept it because those entities that I have been encountering will not stop so I started reading books about paranormal, in order for me to understand why they're showing up. It took me time before I was able to overcome my fear. In 1999, I moved to a flat on my own. There and then, I became brave, no big deal to see spirits and other entities like shadow people, doppelganger especially when I'm in deep thought or otherwise, feel their touches, their energies, smell their scent, even death premonitions. The more I watched ghost stories (in the dark) and read ghost books. In one of the books I read, it stated there that most of the entities will be in stronger force because they feed from the fear of some people, this is true because what happened to me in Oman made me realized this fact. I may have opened dangerous portal in Oman but when you're strong enough and know that God is on your side, you'll be able to fight them back and this is my weapon now that I am older. In my flat now, no bad entity can come in. Yes I've seen some inside but I think they're from the light.

For Ouija board, no way that I will try that. I heard about it when I was 10 or 11 years old, some students who were having slumber night in our school that time experimented on that. They called it Spirit of the Glass. I heard from one of those who experienced it, when the spirit came, the glass moved and everybody got scared because when they asked who was the entity, they were told, it's Satan, they run away. They had that in 4th floor, 2 students jumped, good thing they did not die, only had broken bones, some fell from the stairs, some had shock and got sick, oh really horrible. That time, there was a competition in singing and my sister was there to compete for the finals. When that thing about ouija board was happening, there was also an accident, it's good thing, the nuns in our school asked my sister to be with them before they moved from the school premises. The other bus, with students only and 1 teacher (from the class of my sister) involved in the accident, one student died. Before she died, one of the girls saw she didn't have head.

Playing Ouija Board is very dangerous, never try or think about it at all. I would say Candle X-ray is just secondary from Ouija Board but one will still invite bad spirits if made for fun...
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
mpgb216, hi. That sounds like the experiences people have with ouija boards, don't mess with them because you might bring about something/one you don't want around. Your final paragraph sums it up perfectly. As for me, well, I'm a little too chicken to try it out for myself.I've heard too many cautions and too many bad experiences due to the ouija. No thanks.I'm guessing that was enough fooling around for you, glad you learned from your horrible experience. I gather from your story, although you don't actually say so, that these bad experiences came to an end. I hope that's the case, but if not, please do tell us anything more that happened. Thanks for sharing your story, I enjoyed reading it.
mpgb216 (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
hello senseye, nice to see someone from the Philippines... Kumusta na?
This is the reason why I shared this experience because I don't want anybody doing the same thing that we did before, it's extremely dangerous! It's like putting yourself as a bait for the demons to make fun of you just because you accidently opened their portal...
Anyway, thanks for sharing your comments and have a blessed day!
mpgb216 (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
Hi Jennifer,
Bully Session or Bullsession is a slang word that refers to some kind of interrogating the person concerned by the host... You can say it's like being in a court with a lot of questions being thrown on you and you have to justify yourself for such actions done. It is a sort of clearing an issue that has been raised by an opponent. 😆
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-16)
What is a bully session? 😁 I'm just curious. I haven't heard of that before.

Jennifer ❤
senseye (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-16)
i understand about the candle xray, that's very famous in the philippines. I never thought of trying that even if I get too curious bcos it looks creepy.
I agree with you, your story can be a good example for those who wants to try everything not knowing the true consequences though I tried so many things already but I have learned my lesson... Sometime curiousity can really kill 😨 I'm glad I'm still alive

thanks for sharing! Take care!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: