You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Flying Candle

Real Ghost Stories

Flying Candle

 

While I'm skeptical about anything ghostly I cannot find an explanation to this. It happened a few years back when I was 17 I think.

My friend's birthday was coming up. She was going to hold the party at her boyfriend's house. I went to the same school with my friend but she was a couple of years older than me. Her boyfriend was a boy from her year. I hadn't really ever talked to the boyfriend or anyone else from her year.

So it was the evening of the party - most of the guests were people from my friend's year, it was only me and this girl who didn't know the boyfriend and the other guests that well. After all the partying, drinking and dancing most people were sleeping all over the place - sofas, floors. It was only me, two other girls and a boy awake. We were all in the sitting room, watching telly. The TV was against the wall on one side of the room. On the other side, against the wall was a sofa. Me and the two girls were sitting on it. And the boy was sitting quite close to the telly, on a chair. We didn't talk or move around, just sat there, and tired from the party. All of a sudden this candle flies off from the top of the telly. And it didn't just topple off. It was as if it was whisked off cause it flew into the wall on the left side of the telly. (When I said the telly was against the wall, then it was like right in the middle of the wall and the candle didn't fly/fall behind the TV, it flew into the sidewall). It bounced off the wall, landed and rolled on the floor. It was the randomest thing ever. It wasn't scary for me because it was more like, "What the...? How the...?" It happened really quickly and I was just trying to comprehend it all.

The two girls and the boy really freaked out though. They were like, "Oh we gotta get out of this house". They ran to the front hall and started to get dressed to get out (it was winter at the time). I didn't know any better so I did what they did. While we were getting dressed they said that the house was haunted. Well, they knew my friend's boyfriend better so I kind of believed them. Anyway, everyone went home.

The next morning I went over to the house again to help my friend clean up the place. I told her what had happened and she was like, "Yeah, my boyfriend's said weird things have happened in the house". She also said that the boyfriend's mother had seen a figure of a young boy without a face on the landing of the stairs before.

I'm still not convinced it was a ghost moving the candle or that there actually had been a figure of a boy without a face. I'm thinking the house could have been built on a water zone or a bad area of the electromagnetic field or something. I'm always looking for a rational and logical explanation first. But the way the candle fell/flew defies all physical laws so...I've got nothing.

Other hauntings by Vikstal

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Vikstal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
Thank you, TerriLewis123 😊.
I just did not know if I needed to answer you with my own opinion 😆. Sometimes it is just hard to tell who someone is hinting at. Appreciate the answer back!
TerriLewis123 (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
Dear Whitebuffalo, I do not believe I was commenting on your post. You sound brilliant to me. I thought that Vikstal said it was illogical; maybe I misread.
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-31)
I read your story WB and posted a comment there. Vikstal my apologies for hogging your space.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-31)
NO WAY! Check out my Ghost or EarthQuake story, would you? Can you let me know if YOUR experience was similar?
Thank you.
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-31)
Thanks WB, so many possibilities... A lot to learn.
I once felt my whole bed shaking like an earthquake but I was in such deep sleep, the next morning I knew it happened but could not understand how I did not wake up when it happened so dismissed it. I always wondered about that...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-31)
This is going to sounds kind of crazy, Loganz_sis, but there have been a few cases of STRONG EMF's seemingly being the CAUSE of doors closing on their own, chairs moving, those kinds of things.
EMF's can mess with the natural "metals" in the human body (cause weakness, draining of energy, nauseousness, blurred vision, headaches, slurred speech, NUMEROUS other symptoms).
Some animals in nature are actually able to use their EMF to produce organically generated electric effects, the electric eel being the classic example. Electric eels do not really have much control over their electric discharges. They can produce an instantaneous electric shock, (which really has nothing to do with their EMF) due to an electro-chemical reaction (like in batteries) in one of their organs, but they can not really manipulate it. On the other hand, they have two totally different organs which allows them to "read" other species' EMFs and produce a very low voltage (electro-chemically) to intensify their own EMF.
Land is basically the same thing. The land itself can not control the fields that it holds, and everything that LIVES on that land are carriers OF that energy (grass, animals that eat the grass, animals that eat the animals that eat the grass. Bugs whose bodies absorb, the animals who eat the bugs that absorb).
Energy is live. It is a force within itself, and can "force" things to move as for the limited space.
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-31)
Hmmmm...interesting thought Miracles.

Vikstal one question - how would a electromagnetic site cause the candel flyng incident? Sorry I just want to understand this clearly.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-31)
The new posters last night were NOT after me... They were after a certain poster that I was assisting. I have GOT to say that it lent credence to his story, though, so the five or six new posters did the opposite from their intent.
For one: I am still here, folks.
For two: People DOUBTED his story. They have no reason to know. ALL the proof is NOW in black and white.
THANK YOU new Posters! Job well done. THANK YOU for "proving" his story to be true.
Please forgive the multiple interruptions to your page, Vikstal.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-31)
Guess that is what happens. Periodically, this site has a Buffalo Hunt. This year, it just happened to happen on Halloween.
I am a patient soul. I will wait this out. I think Dick got the message pretty clear last night, and deleted his account only after three comments because I WAS a pit bull last night on here...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-31)
Loganz_sis - I've been wondering if it's the SAME poster, just under different names.
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-31)
WB - boy are you the target of all the wrath this Halloween. I think a lot of profiles have been created lately just so they can take a shot at you...don't you get tired?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-31)
Dick - wow, this type of comment normally just irritates the hell out of me. Today, it just made me smile because of the shear ludicrousness of it!

You, who are registered as a "guest" and claims to be a believer of ghost stories, yet has no proof to back that claim up. All you have done is insult people with your comments. Including whitebuffalo, who has been a MODERATOR of this site for YEARS and has, oh let me see... 23 stories and has posted 3313 comments.

Your immaturity is just shining through. Yes, there will be people who will read your comments. So if that's your goal, it will be accomplished. But I can guarantee you one thing, at the end of it all. You won't be remembered. You'll just be one more troll. Whitebuffalo? Yeah, she'll be remembered. Take a look at the profiles next time you decide to pick a fight, okay? You might want to pick an opponent more on YOUR level.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2010-10-30)
Dick...
Losing the patience here, but...
Did you READ my comment before THIS particular flame of yours? I will not break it down for you. You already know and are only here for one purpose.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-30)
Oh, I was not so much trying to help solve, more in combining thought processes.😊
Kinetic Energy is what is blamed for moving objects with seemingly no human intervention. Basically moving things with the mind. Teenagers seem to have an abundance of Kinetic energy and can use it unknowingly at times.
I was just thinking with all the PAST energy as well, that could be a really plausible answer to many of the things I like to ponder about.
Thank you. I like things that make me think.
Vikstal (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-30)
[at] whitebuffalo

I was only twice in that house, the party night and the next morning. And that is all that happened during that time. And my friend is no longer with the boyfriend. Well it happened about seven years ago so...
I can ask my friend if she knows/remembers anything about it or if something else happened. I don't need help with it or want it to get solved cause I don't have to live in the house 😁 It's just something unexplainable that I happened to witness.

Yeah, I have heard about teenagers and poltergeists but I've never been convinced.

What is it about the Kinetic Energies though?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-30)
I am sorry, TerriLewis123. Was that directed at me? Just curious because my comment spoke of Energy.
Thank you.
TerriLewis123 (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-30)
Why is it so illogical to believe in ghosts?
They could be a form of residual energy.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-30)
Well, logically thinking, with a house FULL of teenagers, THINK of the energy that was being thrown around in there. Prime location for Poltergeist and numerous other possibilities, such as Kinetic Energies.
I suggest you look into THAT possibility, as your final comment seems to point to a logical mind, and one that needs to do the searching them self.
I would also like to suggest to you that with the history, and the prehistoric findings of your region, (I mean, seriously. 6500BC? I am NOT an archaeologist, but I KNOW one, and... Wow) you MAY be dealing with energy overloads. When THAT happens, people who do not normally "see" CAN see.
There ARE certain things you can do to "block", if this IS an overload.
Is this the extent of your experiences?
Wado (Thank you)
xbrooklynbieber (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-30)
I, in all honesty, think it was proably a ghost. I doubt there was a 'magnetic pull/field'

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: