You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Encounter

 

This story takes place a few years ago in my suburban home. This house probably hasn't been around more than 20 years, and nothing sinister that I know of has taken place here before us moving in.

As a young boy, I was very much interested in the supernatural, and I played with Ouija boards and the like. We even pretended we saw demons all the time. This became reality soon enough.

One of my cousins, about 15 at the time, was babysitting me and my little brother in the house alone, near 10:00 at night while my parents left to shop. We heard noises nearby, but thought nothing of them. I got up to get a drink of water, when I glanced into the hallway, and saw a dark figure, draped in a black robe with a hood. He drifted from my little brother's room to my parents' room. He didn't walk. He just floated.

We were quick to grab a knife from the kitchen, and hide behind the couch. I eventually mustered up enough confidence to look into my room, and when I did, the figure was gone. I haven't seen it again since then. However, I do always have this feeling that something is around, watching, waiting. It won't show itself, but I know it's there.

I am a rather empathetic (my sixth-sense is very strong) person, and I can feel its presence throughout the house when I am alone. I'll be in the living room watching TV, and I will have the feeling that something is in the hallway, and when I turn to look, nothing is there. I've tried talking to it, and tried getting it to send me energy signals, but nothing has worked.

I have a feeling that it is something to do with the Ouija board. I saw the ghost of a great-aunt of mine about 2 years before that. She was floating at the edge of my bed.

I doubt that she is the sinister figure I saw.

I've also felt like something went through me and chills go throughout my body.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sionysus, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TJR (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-13)
We are a reputable paranormal research group that does these kind of investigations. If you are interested, we have plenty of equipment to try and get evidence and we do a professional job. We will document and verify every piece of evidence that is found. We do not charge the client for this. Afterwards, after we review all of our evidence we will send you a dvd of all the evidence we did find.
You can email us at acknowledgingsupernaturalspirits [at] hotmail.com
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-02)
I get what you're trying to say, man. But why would a Ouija board enhance your sixth sense?
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-02)
Interesting comment by Bellissima.
The account is very realistic, in general and in detail.
The dark-robed figure seems neutral toward the author of this account.
Sionysus (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
And to ChrisB, I know all about Ouija boards... I even wrote a short guide-novel to explain how to use them properly.

However I used Ouija boards improperly when I was a little boy, and ever since then wierd things have been happening.

Ouija boards can be massively helpful if you know how to use them - my sixth sense has become well-aware since using Ouijas, and now I can sometimes see parts of the future in my dreams...

I even predicted my father dying because of a heart attack, and we prevented it - he went to the doctor because I told him to, and it showed he had high blood pressure, and a few other things... The doctor said if he hadn't went, something bad could've happened.

My grandfather was in a very serious wreck last november, and was on the verge of dying, but I had a premonition that he would be coming home, despite the unbelievable odds. He suffered almost three heart attacks in the hospital due to clots. He survived, but odds were looking extremely grim.

He came home January 20th, 2008. He was allowed to live and see his large and loving family again.

That story is true also; I am NOT making this up.
Sionysus (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
To those of you who have commented thinking this is a STORY, then you need to rethink it... This is extremely true, and it was scary for me to have experienced.

I would write more, maybe about the ghost of my great aunt's ghost, but it would be really short, there isn't much to it.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
Hi Sionysus. I don't see any reason to think the figure is demonic. It doesn't seem as if the shadow figure is really interested in you. It could be a spirit that is attached to the land or the location of a previous home that was there or nearby. It may be a residual haunting, a sort of loop of a scene played out in the past, imprinted and replaying. If that's the case then the spirit isn't even aware of your presence. When you felt it pass through you, maybe you passed through it, what you probably felt was the spirit momentary using your energy more directly while you crossed each other. It doesn't sound like you really have anything to worry about. Thanks for sharing your story.
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
Hey. This is a realy good story. I think you should write more. I'll reread this story.
SiLeNt (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
I've been reading stroies on here for along time, and only recently subcribed to this website. Some stories are clearly fake...ANYWAY...!

I like these sort of stories most, they absoulty scare the hell out of me... How you could see something like that and still live there?... I think the feeling your getting about being watched and not feeling alone is common, I feel this all the time in my house and I know its not haunted... I think its just human nature to be wary and slighty scared while being alone. Especially at night... I get that feeling in my kitchen as though I'm being watched from the outside... Sorry I have gone into waffle mode... Great story...!

😁 😁
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
Well I will have to say this for the 1000th time. Do not use the ouji board. You are opening a portal this way. I think that since you haven't seen or felt anything for a while that maybe they have not chosen to show them selves. But please kepp us posted. I have a feeling that you might see something. Thanks for sharring this story with us and remeber not to use the Ouji board. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: