You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Pool Party

Real Ghost Stories

Pool Party

 

When I was in high school my girlfriend of the time was having a b-day party at another friend's house. It was late, and we were about to leave when my girl brought out the Ouija Board.

We lit some candles and sat in the basement. In the room we were in you walk in the door and in the corner, right in front of the door is an "L" couch with a coffee table in the middle, and to the right is the tv. You walk to your right and there is a pool table and a mini bar in the far left corner. We sat where the coffee table was during this session.

I was on the board with a buddy and right away things were crazy and the planchette was moving very fast. I could feel many things around and there were many different spirits talking through the bored. We started to hear the pool table balls like a game was being played but no one was there and the balls were not moving. Then we would here drinks being poured but not a glass was on the bar.

My girlfriend, who was sitting to my right, grabbed me tight. Then it felt like she let go but I was grabbed again. My buddy across from me had a blank face as he looked at me. Then I look to my right and nothing was there, but my shirt was tight as though being grabbed and I could still feel it. I moved and it went away as my girlfriend entered the room. She claimed she had left the room being scared but returned when I had not followed her into the room.

To this day I don't know what happened that night, but at times when I enter that basement I can feel a presence around me, and sometimes while watching movies something will be there like it is grabbing me. It is very friendly but after the presence leaves, I experience a feeling of anger and as though someone is watching me or mad at me.

I have since moved from that town and had other experiences of similar nature but those are other stories I shall share another time. If anyone can help me find out what might be an explanation, other than the obvious, it would be nice.

Other hauntings by bigpatti87

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bigpatti87, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-20)
When I was younger, I used a ouija board. At that time, it was the scariest moment of my life.
Now I believe that something might have attached to me, since I am always around a spirit.
Lucky for me, it is not evil.

If I were you, I would never use one again.
Nightshade (40 posts)
-2
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
"L" shaped couch, huh? Well, I have one, and if you sit on the very left side, then you will be cursed and will die the next day. My sister, Louise, tried it, and she died in a fire. She was only 19. I'm 14, and I'm not going anywhere. Well, you're lucky that you sat on the right side, or else you would be cursed, too. Sorry about how scared you were, you scaredy cat! No, I'm just kidding. I don't think that you're a scaredy cat. Anyways, I'm overdue for a date with my boyfriend, Matt. See 'ya!

Yours Truly,
Nightshade ❤ ❤ ❤

((hugs))
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
Hi bigpatti87.You've heard plenty of 'don't use the ouija' admonishings so I'll leave that be. You wondered about any other explanations for the experiences you've had and continue to have. My guess is that you are simply more open to the spirits and the idea of the supernatural. Since you're sensitive, you'll notice things more than people who aren't.I also think that spirits are aware of that and will make themselves known to you more. You mention you've had experiences other than the ones in this story so I don't think it's just all due to the ouija episode.I'm looking forward to your other stories, thanks for sharing this experience.
Amarra (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
Friend, I don't care if it was made by Parker Brothers, it has just as much potential for evil as a hand crafted Ouija. I am a firm believer that nothing good can come from a Ouija board. You have truly played with fire. I promise you contacted NO friendly spirit.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
Good story BigPattie. I do like reading storiues about ouji boards. There is always sometyhing scary going on. Well I think this was a lesson. DO NOT use the ouji board. Thanks for sharring this story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care.
Mickey (6 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
wow this is a very neat story.

When you start to feel like you are not alone some days after you had played the Ouija Board, this is normal. Long story shortened, you have interacted with evil and this causes weird paranormal stuff to happen in your house or where you played the game.
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
I don't mean to be mean but using a ouiji board is not good at all. By playing it, it opens a door to the spirit world. By the sound of it you let an angry spirit in.

My mom played the ouiji board, now she is haunted, the thing fallows her wherever she goes. The thing detatched itself and seems to fallow me, I never used a ouiji board. I'm only thirteen, I probably will be an airhead and use one when I'm older. Hopefully I don't.

I don't really know how to help you. I hope you write more stories. This one is Exciting 😁 ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
Hi bigpatti87,
I certainly will not tell you how stupid it is to use an Ouija board without the proper "rituals" of opening and closing a session (the story does not state, DID you do that all correctly? Or did you just open the board from Parker Brothers and begin the attempt of communication?) That is not my place, however, I would warn you that in the future, if you do not want to have to go through the harrowing night of wondering where all of the extra noises, scents and sights come from, I should think you would use precaution.
"It is very friendly but after the presence leaves, I experience a feeling of anger and as though someone is watching me or mad at me..." Ever think that perhaps this spirit that you opened a door to, and allowed come in, is now STUCK here? It happens. I should think that if I was happily over in the Land of Many Summers and someone called me in for a chat, and NEVER sent me back home with respect, I WOULD be ticked off. Perhaps they need the map back, that was not provided when the session was quickly ended?
This friend of yours who now lives in the home should send it back. This friend should tell it it is free to return from whence it came, and The White Light is there for IT.
Thank you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
That is the point though bigpatty, you never know what might happen. Whether the spirits existed prior to the seance or not, one thing is of greater importance. After using the ouija (maybe that is not the case always) there's an open portal. Sometimes you get good visitations and sometimes bad ones.

There is no way to know who's coming in next and to rid the house of such energy has proven to be a challenging task.

If you ever decide to do a cleansing or destroy the board, seek the appropriate info in wikipedia, don't attempt to do anything on your own.
bigpatti87 (2 stories) (39 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
According to my friend who still resides in the house there is has been a few incidences but nothing that they would deem as a negative encounter or even bringing any of the feelings I had explained to them. So I think that the spirits present were not brought out by the Ouija Board rather it was provoked to prove their presence but obviously I can't say for sure. But what I do know is although creepy I can't say I would shy from going back to the house because these spirits never seemed harmful but who knows what could happen
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
I'm afraid I cannot think of another explanation THAN the obvious which is, although there has been no absolute proof that ouija boards can actually open up doors between our world and that of the spirits', there is sufficient indication that toying with the other realm IS NOT a wise choice.

So many people claim to have suffered by "unwelcome guests" who tend to nest in their space, forgetting that the nesting, although not welcome, was pretty much provoked.

You say you have left from that house and the city itself but I'm wondering who is now trying to get rid of whoever you invited that night.
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-18)
Wow Patti I am the 1st to comment you on your 1st story. I must say this is rather interesting... You didn't tell me about the angry spirit/entity after the 1st spirit left. Creepy bro... But cool that you had the experience... See you at work...

Burnz

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: