You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Fun Ghost That We Brought Home

Real Ghost Stories

Fun Ghost That We Brought Home

 

I am from and still live in Cockeysville, which is in the northern part of Baltimore County, Maryland. Our house was built in 1872 and is one of the only still existing houses from the Village of Warren, a cotton milling town, which was flooded in the early 1920's to create Loch Raven Reservoir. Loch Raven is a man made lake for Baltimore City's water supply.

About seven years ago my friend Jill, an RN at Johns Hopkins Hospital, and I were bored and wanted to try something new. We decided to go ghost hunting. So we researched haunted sights / ghost in Maryland and found a lots of information about Rocks State Park in Harford County, Maryland, which is relatively close by. We went there late one evening, around 2 a.m., and parked near the bridge in the pictures we found online. At some point I hit the brake pedal, which lit up the guard rail next to the car, and these waves of what looked like heat rolling off of asphault went past the car like shadows. Then it got cold and Jill said that she felt like she was being shocked. She became scared and upset, so we made the decision to leave.

Two weeks or so later we went back, and this time saw a sign we had missed before that read, "LaGrange Iron Works, circa 1732," and decided to investigate. As I attempted to back the car into the driveway, downhill I might add, it seemed like there was something pushing against the car. I actually recall having to push the gas pedal rather hard. Anyway, I parked. After about 15 minutes or so similar things happened with the cold and the electrical shocks, but this time I felt it too. At this point we both got all freaked out and abruptly decided it was once again time to roll out.

On the way home, as cars came toward us, I would see one or two of these "ORBS" in the upper right-side corner of the windshield, illuminated by their headlights. They were like a four inch circles with a squiggly inner circles and cloudy grayish centers. I pointed them out to Jill and she got even more freaked out. When I got back home I went in and smoked some weed to chill out. (I know, I know, blah, blah, blah...)

The next day I woke up and went to smoke up again. When I went to sleep the night before, I left the last bit of herb I had on top of my cigarettes and crashed. When I woke up, I looked for my stash, and it was gone. I thought my friends Todd and Dennis had stolen my stuff, so I called them to give them a hard time. I lit a smoke and went into the bathroom. When I came out, alone in the house or so I thought, I sat down and the weed was exactly where I had left it the night before. Right on top of my cigarette pack. The pack I had to pick up and open to smoke a cigarette before going to the bathroom. Now the stash had returned on it's own, and was back on top of the pack on the table.

Around this time we were doing major renovations to the house and I had a friend named Ronnie helping me with some demolishion work. It was hot so he went to make a glass of instant iced tea. He sat the tea mix can down, and filled the glass with water. Then he returned to put the can away and like magic it had moved itself to the other side of the kitchen. These were just the first two times I had noticed.

Now... I figure this. The LaGrange Iron Works, was a foundry from 1732 until somewhere in the 1900's when it burned down. Back then there were no child labor laws and I am sure that at some point children probably died in accidents (hopefully accidents) while working at the iron works. The picture which originally caught our attention had several of these "ORBS" on top of this steel bridge over the Gunpowder Falls.

My guess is that we brought a couple of these little kid ghosts home with us and that they were pranksters. After a few weeks of these crazy things going on around my house I announced to them that I was going back to Rocks State Park, and if they wanted to go home that they should get back into the car. My parent's, my girlfriend and I drove back to the place where it all started and opened the door to let them out.

However, I don't think that they went home, but I do think that they bounce from my parents house to my girlfriends house via our car with us. I feel like this because stuff always happens at both houses at different times. If things are happening at my parent's house, they're not at our house and vice-versa.

I'm sure that this sounds like a whole lot of craziness and is pretty far fetched, but it is what's going on and has been now for years. It is still happening although not as frequently, or maybe we are just use to it now.

The ghosts or spirits or whatever you would call them are not trying to hurt people and do not do scary things, and certainly seem to be enjoying themselves since they have not decided to leave us. They just seem to be playing and loving life in our homes. It's like they are pulling off simple practical jokes. The latest has been a series of audio / video / phone movings and electrical issues.

First... Everyone loses remotes and cordless phones, but our ghosts take the phones and put them back on the chargers and put the remotes on tops of the components which they work. I NEVER keep the phone on it's base or remotes on the equipment which they operate.

Second, there is this outlet in my parent's kitchen which is messed up. If I don't have a blender or coffee pot or some other appliance plugged into it, then my microwave which is on a completely different curcuit breaker, won't work. Unplug the blender, microwave dies.

Finally, we have a new puppy. A miniture Shih Tzu which freaks out for no apparent reason other than that she sees the things moving. She must, because when we find things out of place it is in-step with our puppy going nuts. It's like when Dalhi, our puppy goes off, something is changing in the room. This usually happens while we are sleeping and she wakes us up.

I have really actually come to like our supernatural friends. It took a little while to figure it out, and additional time to get use to, but now they are like family. They do piss us off sometimes when we're in a hurry and they have moved our shoes, or one shoe, but we almost always plan a little extra time into everything we do just in case. My parents, however, are not as receptive and I think they just wish that they would go away.

Oh, one last note or question perhaps... How do I figure out if they are boys or girls?...and I know that there are at least two of them, but how do I figure out just how many there actually are?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, FredMontier, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elawton1980 (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-09)
Sorry, couldn't help but lol at your story! If any ghost were to steal my stash, I'd find a way to kick their a** 😁
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Hi, I have to say I agree with some of the other comments. But rather to tell which is which (the gender) I wouldn't have no idea. Your friend needs to know that whenever you go ghost hunting, you need to be prepared for what you might possibly find, I know she was probably scared but that is what it feeds off of. Sorry I couldn't be much help but thanks for sharing your story. 😊
Templar (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Fred,
Boy do I have a story for you. I am from Maryland and during college 1984, I used to work at Rocks State Park, at the top of the hill, King and Queens seat, and charge admission to people which I didn't agree with since I was a hippy at that time. Well That year and you picked a good place to ghost hunt, there were 5 deaths in the park. The one I remember most was a German tourist, you know where the falls are below the bridge, got his foot stuck under water at the top of the falls and drowned. The second was a father who was showing off for his son, tried to jump from rock to rock at the top of the King and Queens seat and fell to his death 90 feet below. The other three were at the same place, top of the king and Queens seat and they fell to their deaths, after park hours and too many beers. I began calling it death park and moved on. I rarely go there with my family for that exact reason picking up spiritual hitch hikers and you can just feel it as soon as you step out of the car at night, obey your instincts. I saw and talked to some of the people, exchanged money, right before they died. They were not bad people, just alittle reckless, now the rangers I didn't like them, they should have shut the top down. Or had someone stationed there, like a life guard. Too dangerous.
Carrotred (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Yeh, well spotted.

But drugs are bad anyways...Mmmmm'kay?

-Carrotred
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
...just for clarification: a lot of people are mentioning the writer's drug use. It should be noted that he did not indulge in said intoxicant until after the hunt was over, only right before bed, and not the next morning when he found his "herb" had been moved.

While it is important to embark upon paranormal missions in a sober state, this particular poster appears to have indeed been sober while actually on his.
Carrotred (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
I would be carefull if I was you. Demons and Evil Spirits are masters of deception. Sometimes humans let ghosts lingering around for YEARS, before they start causing trouble. And are forced to exorcise them. My advice would be too research the traits of demons and conclude to yourself whether they are safe or not.

All the best - Carrotred
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Hi Fred. I don't think smoeking is good bfore a ghost hunt but since it was after then I guess its ok. I think you should try praying or simply telling the spirits firmly to cross over. They need to cross over. There time on earth has passed. I know that you knid of got attached to them but you must know that they need to cross over. Try doing some EVP and use a camera at home. Maybe then you might get more information about them. They might not even be children. Thanks for sharring this very interesting story with us and I hope you post more about this story soon. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
LittleDaisy (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
Your story is very interesting, FredMontier! My old house was haunted by the ghost of a little girl she wasn't scary or anything. She would sometimes hide my dolls, and I think she also protected me at times. It's strange because she didn't scare my family (my parents and siblings), but when my dad's relatives would come over, they would encounter some very, very scary things! Anyways your story reminded of this! Thanks for sharing!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
If you are not the only one experiencing these things that I don't think it has anything to do with catching a buzz lol. Serious ghost hunters don't imbibe because they are trying to be as believable as possible and want to be in full control of their senses. I don't know what you brought home with you but as long as it doesn't bother anyone I guess it doesn't matter if they stay or leave. The only thing I have a problem with is that they may be trapped and need to be told to move forward to the Light. You can do this yourself by just talking out loud to them and telling them it's time to move on and be with their families in the Light. It always bothers me when its ghost children. I just feel they don't understand what their situation is and they need guidence. If we can have this happen with adult spirits who don't get what is happening to them I'm sure it goes double for a child who has less life experience to draw from. They may not even realize they are dead. To them they are still alive and they are, just not in the physical sense. I would try the evp's to see if you can communicate with them. Good luck and let us know how it turned out.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
I would have to say I am in agreement with MotherPann and Rhodes on this one. Thanks for the story.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
I'm going to agree with Motherpann here and ask you for one more thing-to, at least, try to send them to the other side where they should be and where they belong.

Sometimes though, souls refuse to do that mainly because of fear of what lies beyond the light or maybe because they have unfinished business here on earth.

At other times, you might have a spirit which has crossed but for some reason chooses to walk back and forth- I cannot tell what is the case with your visitors but remember they are children who need to go where their family is-to the other side.
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
I am not being judgemental but one of the main rules in ghost hunting is no drugs or alcohol, because no one will take you seriously when you report any happenings.
Another rule is when you leave any "haunted" place you always tell the spirits that they can't come home with you, you were lucky that friendly spirits followed you home but the next time you could bring home evil spirits and have more serious problems. Even tho you like your "guests" you might still want to cleanse your homes before anything bad happens.
sara (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
Hey Fred,

I agree with IBelieve, you should try to catch a EVP. Ask them questions, for example, name/age/year they may have died or were born and as you want to know, weather or not they are male or female. I think your story was very interesting and good luck.
IBelieve (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
Hi Fred,
Have you tried catching any EVP's? Your story was very interesting, I enjoyed reading it.
Jemascola (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
Hey, Fred, that story was very interesting and entertaining. I always wonder what life would be like at my house if there were ghosts there, lol.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
Hi Fred. I have no ideas about how or if you can tell whether the spirits are male or female, sorry, I can't help you with that. Your experiences are really interesting and I enjoyed reading your story. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: