You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: I've Brought Something Back With Me

Real Ghost Stories

I've Brought Something Back With Me

 

A few nights ago I went on my first ghost hunt. I am an inexperienced ghost hunter, and have annoyed some ghost. The road I live on is haunted by a farmer, who, a long time ago on the hill behind my house, was accidently sucked into a part of his tractor, ripping him to shreds. He still haunts my road. Anyway, when I was up there on my hunt, I tried to make contact with a spirit. It was then that I could feel a presence, so I ran back to my house, seeing many unexplainable things.

That night, while in my room dozing, I was awoken to my mom screaming. I ran to her room and she said she saw someone in her room. My step-dad was in the living room and I was in my bedroom, and there was no one else in the house. I was terrified, and spent a long time praying that it wouldn't visit me.

I have always felt as if someone's watching me, but lately the feeling has been even worse than usual.

My dogs have been staring at "something" and my puppy was staring at something on his bed and whimpering. Last night, in my room, I was just listening to music, and looked over at my nightstand and what looked like 'smoke' coming towards me. At first, I thought it was just a reflection from my mirror, but it came back and got closer, then just disappeared.

I'm really scared, so scared I went out there a few hours ago and begged it to leave me and my family alone. I've lived in two other haunted houses, but neither one has been my fault. I don't know what to do.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KayLeigh93, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
Hi that's good you apologized, never provoke something you don't understand. Its interesting to try and communicate with a being that's not of this world anymore but please don't do it anymore. Something awful might happen next time you mess with a pissed dead person, Katherine.
supersailorstar (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
sometimes when you come connected with a spirit and though it leaves some times it can attract things to happen to you and make other ghost come
shadowman (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-29)
well it seems to me that you shouldent be ghost hunting if you don't want to be haunted buy them but I wouldent go back agen to wear it followed you from and I would keep praying and alsow I would tell it to leave you in your gods name usialy works if not I would have a pasetor bless your house but in my openion (sorry for the crappy spelling) you should never talk to the ghost in a friendly manner be comanding as it is your house and buy talking to it as thoe it has power over you it givs it more power alsow thrue your fear good story keep it up
ilovearcher (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
that's scary.
I have hunted ghosts, but never a ghost follow me home. That would be terrifying!
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
"Well what you think is smoke is actually ectoplasm. I should know I had loads of experiances like that".

Tell me more
markii (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-22)
do not worry. They are good spirits if they werent they would take the form of something that takes your fears it has been proven... If theystart to hurt or terrify you pray everydaqy and not just when you need it
dwagon (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-21)
wow now that is scary I feel really sorry for you as the other have said just tell the bad spirt to leave and they will hope that helps
ZUKISMOM (5 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-21)
My mother always told me " Do not invite the Devil to dinner and expect him to have table manners". Point being, do not go looking for something you have no idea how to deal with. I know ghost hunting seems fun and mysterious, but if you have no idea how to protect yourself from things that are way beyond our human reasoning, DONT DO IT. Spirits are tricksters and will make you believe one thing while their intentions are to harm you and anything you hold dear. Stay strong and leave the ghost hunting alone for you and your whole families sake.
Blessed be to all
Zukismom 😐
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-20)
Hi KayLeigh93 and welcome to YGS. Thank you for sharing this experience with us. Your experience was well written but I am still confused. Why would you go "hunting" for something that you are clearly unequiped to handle? Why put yourself and your unsuspecting family in danger like that? Did you do any kind of research on this farmer to find out what kind of person he was in life? Has the spirit harmed you or any member of your family or has it just scared you/your family? I am sorry for the fear that you and your family have experienced and hope that everything works out well for you and your family. I would suggest that you leave the hunting alone until you are more informed and ready for the experience. God bless.
angelboo424 (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-20)
Whenever you go on a ghost hunt or try spirit communication of any kind you must make sure to surround yourself in white light and see that white light going down you into the ground so that you are grounded to make sure nothing attaches to you. Since you didn't know to do that I suggest you go and get yourself some sage and "smudge " yourself and your house asking for your spirit guides and guardian angels and the universe to rid your home of any negative energy. Then tell any negative or unhappy sprits that they are not welcome in your home or around you. You will only allow postive energy and FRIENDS in spirit to be around you and tell any negative spirit that they must leave!
Hope that helps 😉

Hugs,
Joanne

Www.myangelspeak.com
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
That mist I would say it was a fog or smoke but I can't. It may have been a entity trying to manifest itself
KayLeigh93 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
thank all of you people for posting comments. I did go apologize yesterday and I think whatever it was aceppted it and the house has been peaceful. Although, I've been having very terrifying nightmares, involving spirits and ghosts. They evolve around a little boy. I'll explain more in another story (the apartment) please read! 😊 😐
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
I have always thought the term "ghost hunting" was strange. What comes to mind when I think of someone going out hunting for ghosts is that someone goes where they think a ghost is and use themselves as bait to attract something they do not understand and can not control. My advice to anyone that "hunts" ghosts is to never take up bear hunting, or at least if they do to use different tactics.

What is the point of "ghost hunting"? The thrill of seeing something supernatural?

What's done is done though. If I were in this position, I would respectfully apologize (out loud and repeatedly) to the ghost (assuming that is even a ghost that you are dealing with and not a demon) for disturbing it. Be sure to clearly and respectfully rescind any and all invitations you may have made to this spirit in your efforts to first attract its attention. Ask it politely to please go away (leave you and your home alone), tell it that it is no longer welcome and assure it that you will leave it alone from now on as well.

If that doesn't work after a few days, you will have to ratchet up your efforts. I agree that you should tell your parents what you have done and what you suspect is going on.

Since you brought this on willingly yourself, I do not think God will be very helpful in this case. You have invited this spirit into your life, the spirit simply took you up on this generous invitation to interact with a living being that you made to it all on your own. As far as I can see there is no need for God to interfere in this situation because this spirit is abiding by the rules of behavior that God made for it. It is my understanding that God only becomes involved in dealings with spirits if the spirit's activities start to color outside the rules of conduct God has laid down for them when dealing with us. This spirit sounds like it is doing nothing wrong. Remember, God is God to everyone, us and all spirits too. The rules have to work both ways if they are going to work at all.

A spirit overstaying a rescinded invitation, that starts to step into territory where God may be more willing to help.

Good luck in your dealings with your new spirit friend. I hope this story ends well and quickly for you and your family.
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
Only seek out the dead if you are willing to deal with what may happen afterwards, but since it's done, you must now deal with it or it will probably contiune hanging around. Since you started contact, perhaps you should request that it returns to where it came from and to leave you (and your family) alone. If you are relegious, invoke the name/names of the deities you worship and ask them to move on.

If you want to go ghost hunting again, perpare yourself first. Make sure you are ready for what might happen and stand your ground. For all you know the ghost heard you and is now confused as to why you ran away.
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
KayLeigh, this is quite interesting. You write that you were actively seeking to contact this thing, and when you felt its presence, you ran from it. Hmmm. And now you've got some unwanted activity. Double-Hmmm. Not quite exactly what you were hoping for, was it?

Note to All Y'all (especially teens): KayLeigh's story -- very nice job writing it, by the way, KayLeigh --is a prime example of PRECISELY what I've been railing against, lately. These things aren't what they appear to be. They NEVER are! They're smarter, craftier, more devious than any of us could ever think to be; and they prey on our naivete and arrogance to gain entry into our lives and our world. Then they get to cause chaos, which not only entertains them, but FEEDS them. And can't we agree that there's enough chaos in the world already? The last thing we need is more.

Now, my advice: KayLeigh, you're on the right track. Be patient and persistent. Continue to pray, and PLEASE tell your parents what you've done. They have a right to know -- it's their house -- and they may be able to help you get rid of it. The longer you wait, the stronger it's going to get. Then, please, don't do this again. This site is full of people who write that they're sorry they did such-and-so or "if they only had known." You've done an admirable thing by sharing your experience, and I thank you for that. I will keep you in my prayers. God bless.
L.
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
Well, I guess people always run this risk while ghost hunting.
I can't say much, never happened to me or someone I know. Safest thing to do would probably call a priest and have yourself blessed (if possible) or something.
Sorry I can't help more and I hope things get better for you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: