You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Fun With Mediums Or Spirits Say The Darndest Things

Real Ghost Stories

Fun With Mediums Or Spirits Say The Darndest Things

 

I am going to post a bit of my paranormal experience with my odd family. It is a long story, and if any of you are interested I will post more. A lot of this I experienced first hand, but some of this I did not learn until much later, so I have opted to put it in chronological order anyway. That is; the order in which it actually happened, not when I found out the details.

My grandmother grew up in pre-WWII England, that is where she met my grandfather and they had my mother and uncle (though this was much later, after they had both done their duty). My grandma, her name is Ruth, and her sister my great aunt Betty attended spiritual school after normal school while their parents were busy working. The both of them learned about interacting with spirits and other tips and tricks from this local church for spiritualists. Ruth excelled in all aspects and in fact would shock the teachers by telling them things she shouldn't know. There were a few things she did not know about herself though, like where she came from.

Ruth was put up for adoption by a Gypsy woman from Czechoslovakia, A somewhat well off British family from south end took her in (saved her life in the long run) and did not tell her of her adoption until her wedding night (crazy right? What a wedding gift).

Fast forward to the sixties and my grandparents have moved to the United States with their two children, a little further and my mom meets my dad, they get married in 78 and in 79 they have my sister, in 80 they have me and in 83 they are divorced. My mom and my sister and me move in with my grandparents. For some reason even though they are divorced they have two more kids together, my two brothers, who also grow up at my grandparents house. About a month after my eighth birthday my aunt Betty, who still has a fascination with the occult comes to visit and brings with her a cassette tape holding a séance she had recorded about 10 years ago. This professional medium she had recorded had channeled a spirit which said our names. Not just my mom and dads name but all of our names me, my sister, my two brothers and even the stillborn child my mom birthed. My aunt played this tape in our house and the medium said very clearly that it was coming for them. Now if that is not creepy enough, if you have been keeping track you would notice that none of us were even born yet.

After this, things started coming to my house. This séance was either a warning or the catalyst that attracted these things. I am still not sure but I lean more towards the idea that the séance was a beacon for them and when they found the conflict and negative energies running through our little family dynamic, they must have loved it. Because they stayed with us for a long time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Alastor, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Thealoneone (1 stories) (77 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-29)
Hmmm, the spirits were attracted to you's for some reason, they said they are coming for you. Which can actually be good, in the fact that they know you somehow. It can also be bad, I think you know what 'bad' is.

Have a good life,
The Alone One
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-14)
As I said, "without listening to the tape." Still a very interesting read. I guess we will have to wait for the rest of the story to see what exactly the Medium was referring to.
Thank you again.
Alastor (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-14)
Thanks for your opinion White Buffalo, but no. It did not mean we were coming to live with my grandparents. If and when you hear the rest of the story you will understand, like I said I will post more and it will become clearer. Unfortunately I have to wait until Monday because the story upload link is closed until then.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-13)
Without listening to the tape from the Medium, I am coming up with a different translation of the events than what it almost sounds like was taken.
"... It was coming for them" COULD mean (depending on WHO the medium was referring to) that these named children (who were not yet born) were coming to LIVE with the Grandparents. It could also mean a variety of OTHER things as it is unclear of whom the medium was talking OF, nor is it clear what the emphasis of the words were.
This was very interesting reading. I enjoyed the lighthearted approach and I thank you for sharing this with us.
Alastor (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
Kimsouth- like I said its a long story, I will try to submit more tonight, so stay tuned for part 2, but for now let me say that the medium in the recording just listed our names and said "Its coming for them". And yes it was very disturbing. My aunt was disturbed by it too, she had forgotten about it and found the tape while cleaning out her closet.

SpiritMagnet- All the worlds a stage and I prefer comedy to tragedy.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
These 'beings' that you say showed up after your aunt played the recoding, what type of occurances did you experience? And, you state the recoding said it was coming ofr you, coming ofr you in what way?

I must say, this would scre the heedie jeebies out of a recorder from someone I had never met that was recorded before I was born!

I look frward to hearing more!

God Bless!
SpiritMagnet (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
Alastor, I have to say you have a great sense of humor about these things, which is very useful when you are on our side of the fence. Great story, send in more!
Blessed be.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: