You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: 3rd Shift Same Hospital

Real Ghost Stories

3rd Shift Same Hospital

 

Well, I said that I had more to tell so here's another one for you all to ponder about.

I worked 2nd shift for almost seven months. It was actually a terrible shift due to trying to have a life outside of work. 3pm to 11pm, 5 days a week was really taking a toll on my free time. So I asked about and accepted a 3rd shift position. Three 12 hour shifts. 6pm to 6am. I knew that switching like that was going to be a life style change but with 3 days on and 4 days off I was willing to try it out for a while.

One night again I left to go outside for a "smoke break." This time it was almost midnight, and I had already had an awkward feeling since the beginning of the shift. I walked the 10th floor first to see if I could find a nurse or a tech to go out with me, but the ones who smoked seemed to have already taken their breaks, or were just too busy with new admit patients to go out then. So again by myself, I got in the elevator and headed to the first floor. The ride down was fine, nothing exciting seemed to happen.

I walked the long dark hall ways, past the cafeteria, and the gift shop. I made my way through the ER, headed toward the only "night exit." As I started to pass the security station, the guard stopped me, and asked "where did the nurse you were walking with go?" A little unsure by what he was asking, I told him that I had been alone since I left the 10th floor. Then he told me that on the security cameras he saw me exit the elevator with a nurse wearing a white dress, and a small hat on her head. I said maybe that was someone else that got off the elevator close to the time I did, and he assured me that it was me that he saw, and he even pointed out how I stopped in front of the gift shop and looked into the window for a quick second.

A little surprised I said "maybe she was a ghost nurse," and I let out a little chuckle. He laughed thinking I was joking, and he said that he was only curious because he had not seen any one dressed in clothes she was wearing before, and that as I entered the back way into the ER and then came into the waiting area that he thought he would be able to see her in her attire in person. I sort of shrugged my shoulders and told him that I had indeed been by myself, and that I wished that I could have seen what he thought he saw. He motioned for me to come behind the booth, and he (in front of me) rewound the tape in the recorder, and played it back for me from the time I got off the elevator.

On the tape no nurse was present, but there was a lightly glowing object of what appeared to be the shape of slimly built human, and it stayed with me walking the same pace I walked through the trip, even as I stopped at the gift shop. The man was freaking out telling me that he knows what he saw and that the glowing object was the nurse. That she was walking with me right in it's place.

So, I don't really know, but believing in what I do I can't say that she wasn't there, and the glowing affirmation if you will, was certainly there. I never feel like I'm alone there. But as long as there is no harm to me I don't mind too much.

I would love to hear what you all think about this encounter. All input's appreciated. Thank you, and GOD BLESS.

Other hauntings by Ambi

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ambi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

karine (6 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-31)
Hi. Love your stories. I'm wondering if you could contact me on this site?
stormangel (3 stories) (55 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-25)
My sister works in our local hospital, blackpool Victoria teaching hospital. She had this thing were they have a look to see if you've ever had any criminal convictions, now she was arrested for stealing a silky nighty when she was 14, it should have been wiped from her record when she was 16 but it wasn't. So she ventured down into the bowels of the Vic, she does not in any way believe in ghosts but she was terrified, she wanted her original records and I assume staff records are kept in the cellar, she flippantly mentioned she heard foot steps together with hers, but not like an echo, and seen shadows move in a place that doesn't allow for much shadowplay. I myself was a patient in there and a lady had died across from me but she was kept on breathing apparatus until night when she could be taken without upsetting anybody, next night I heard the word "no" hard to describe but it travelled into the ward and right past my face. Weird.
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
'Ghost caught on Tape'...Ow...! 😨...Anyway,I have a question-The security first said he saw a 'nurse' wearing a white dress and a hat he had never seen before,, but when he showed the recording to you, was there not any nurse/lady,,only a white glow...?
emociara (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
anyone know any storys on dayton? Cause I would really like to know thank you ❤
alandhopewell (28 stories) (145 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
In my hometown of Lorain, Ohio, there were many reports of a nurse wearing an old-fashioned uniform seen walking the corridors of St. Joseph's Hospital (the old wing) at night. If approached or spoken to, it would vanish.
Sharp3003 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Nice story. That is great that you got to see it on video. I have had strange occurances at a hospital I once worked at. I worked 3rd shift and late at night around 3 a.m. Or so I would her footsteps and doors closing in the basement floor. I could never catch up to see anyone down there no matter how fast I would run to the noise.
Amber_Bailey (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-03)
I like your story. I have a similar story. I worked at a hotel for awhile, about an hour from my house. I loved the hotel, and I was excited about getting a job there. They told me that I would be on night shift. 11pm to 7am.& being a night owl, hating waking up in the mornings, I thought yeah, that will be cool with me:) Well, I was the only one on that shift, other than a security guard, whom I rarely ever seen, since he stayed back in his station, which was on the other side of the hotel. I would always feel very scared working there & like I was never alone. I had heard one security guard tell me that he had seen things there,orbs,big ones.So,the next shift I worked, I snapped a few pictures of the hotel lobby just because I thought it was so beautiful & country like, because after all it was a lodge. When I uploaded the photo's to my computer, I came across something, large orb's in my photo's & I don't mean like orb water spots,lol.Im talking HUGE GLOWING WHITE ORBS! I was spooked, but I continued to work there for awhile. My husband & I were on the phone one night, when he asked me, Babe what's that noise I hear, I said what? Because I didn't hear anything, he said I hear someone else talking on the phone, I said I don't hear anyone! Then I got really mad at him for telling me that, because after all, I was by myself in a HUGE hotel late at night. After that I quit. I couldn't bring myself to work there anymore. I was always too scared, because I knew I wasn't alone... Kinda similar to your story.
michellelovesghosts (5 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-26)
that is creepy! I love it. Its difficult when you have to work and its haunted and have to deal with it 😕
bunny (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-29)
ambi do you know of anyone else having any strange experiences in your hospital? Maybe it would be interesting to see if anyone has seen her.
AJHviolin (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
i also work in a hospital and had a similar experience is was walking down a hallway in a part of the hospital which is unmanned at night and I felt uneasy so I started to jog any way it seemed to take a while to get to the end of the hallway (longer than it should) and in a corridor to the side is saw a person then I looked again and it was a stack of boxes I left there and thought nothing of it. Until the following night I went to investigate and found that the hallway I was walking along was very short and there was no way for there to be a pile of boxes of to the side so like you I am unsure.
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-01)
i love this story I think it is very strange and spooky.

From
Princess123 x ❤
emmy (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-13)
Ambi, I know its freaky but don't be afraid that entity was there to protect you.
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Ambi, that was a very scay and strange story.

I told a few of my friends that story and they are really freaked out!

With Care,

Princess123 x ❤
Ambi (5 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-09)
Well vals world it didn't really work out that way, but some strange occurrences happened I followed up with another post called Sally Mae Hatfield. If you have the time you should for sure check it out. Thanks for your interest.
vals_world (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
Hi Ambi,

Great story. Creepy. A friend of mine works for the State Mental Hospital and she works the latest shift, 10pm-7am.

On your post of 6-22, you mentioned your hospital was celebrating it's 100th and you were going to see if you could get the security guard to look at the pics to see if he could identify one of the past nurses. I was just following up on that and wondered if it he ever did.
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Wow that is so cool. I loved your story. I had the same happen to me, but in a picture.
Dena90 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
ok firstly I'm only new to this site and this is my first post... Oh my god that story was so chilling! There is something so eerie about hospiatls I agree (I worked as a health care assistant). I must say you are very brave, I have had some experiences myself (gonna add them soon) but with my experiences I never acted so calm!
Loved the story
Dena ❤
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
After asking so many people to go down to smoke with you, maybe she was empathetic and decided it would be nice to get some fresh air! LOL
My sister wore one of those 1950's nurse get ups for her graduation. Looks like there is someone still caring on the other side! 😁
Ambi (5 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Ohiowatha: Thank you. I appreciate that, and I live in Lorain County, Ohio.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Favorite story of the week! Thanks so much for sharing this. If there was any way to obtain a copy of that tape, I would consider it priceless.

I'm wholly of the opinion that hospitals are many times more haunted than graveyards.

Cheers, Ambi!

PS. If you don't mind, where in Ohio do you live? Hit me up at ohiowatha [at] gmail.com if you prefer a private conversation. Thanks.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Wow great story Ambi. I realy did like it. I bet that the security gard was going crazy when he checked the tape. I bet Shocked is not enough. Maybe the nurse wanted to have a smoke with you 😜.I hope you share other incidents that have happened there soon. I find them very interesting. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Ambi (5 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Hi guys, I'd really like to thank everyone again for all of the comments, They are truly appreciated.

To Rhodes: I really don't know if I would be able to trace any thing about this nurse, I really wouldn't even know where to begin. But I would like to find out more.

I wanted to mention that this year my hospital is celebrating there 100 year anniversary. The hospital was actually opened in 1908, after our city had a terrible train wreck where 32 people were killed, and even more were injured. I really find the coming together of this place very intriguing. Some thing about hearing the stories makes me feel connected with the hospital in some strange way. They have just recently set up some small memorabilia cases with pictures of some of the staff, some of the student nurses, and pictures of the way the building looked when it was first opened. I'm almost "drawn" into it.

I have not seen the security guard that I talked with that night since these stands have been set up, but I think he works next week and I'm curious to see if he can identify the woman he saw in one of those pictures. That would be incredible. I will let you all know.
Thanks again, and GOD BLESS.
bigpatti87 (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
Ambi, I love to hear of your experiences because I have spent way to much time in hospitals with family and such and I always seem to be there late at nights and I have felt things I can trace back to times when I was around Ouija boreds and my other experiences. I can't wait to hear more experiences as your stories as well as others help me to explain to myself what I have been through so thank you for the story and help in ways.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
Hi again Ambi and thanks for replying.

What we feel is sometimes much more important than what we see. That is, you said you felt her there waking by you which was very likely what was actually happening. I assume she hasn't been seen walking with someone else in the hospital.

You also say, you felt you didn't want to go out alone that night which is even more significant. I'm wondering if this uneasy feeling was actually yours or whether she was trying to communicate something to you.

Did something bad happened to her while being out there on her own or was she trying to warn you to stay indoors that night? You don't think you could find records of the personnel dating back to the past. You might be able to learn something about this nurse.

Oh, this is fascinating! I hope you have more experiences to share 😊
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
There is always a ghost nurse in most hospitals or nursing homes or so it seems. This did sound like half a residual haunting and half an intelligent haunting. I'm sure the guard is the one wondering what the heck he witnessed.I'm not surprised that it didn't show up on the tape as the guard saw it. What is seen with the eye is not what shows up on an electrical device. Sometimes when someone actually hears an evp it does not show up on the recording. If they don't hear anything audibly then it tends to show up on the recording. We tend to want the machines to record the evidence but sometimes we just end up with it first hand and then try and figure out if it was real or not. To me if there are witnesses you have a better chance of believing what actually occured and is not a product of imagination. Great story and I believe you walked with a spirit that night and I bet the guard thinks so too.
Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
Yeah I figured it would be. And I totally agree. Like I said... I think I might have been more afraid being the security guard that night just because he actually saw the ghost, and he has to sit at that desk all alone at night. CREEEEEEPY 😨
Ambi (5 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
bette31: Yes I do indeed still work in the same hospital. I have to say that I grew up believing in these sort of things, ghosts, spirits, and life after death. It was almost a religion it's own in my family. I have written on here a little about that. If your interested feel free to check out my other posts. Please don't get me wrong. I do get freaked out, but as I said as long as I don't feel threatened or harmed I am OK.
Rebelboy1987: I appreciate the comment. But it is definitely against the rules. The guard on duty that night could have lost his job just for going threw the tape with me, and as amazing as the video was I still would have loved to get the view that he got seeing the actual body.
dukemainstan: I don't really recall him giving an exact era of the uniform the nurse was wearing. But the way he described it to me made me sort of picture a nursing outfit from the 1920's or so? I wish I could answer your question with more assurance. But I really don't know. Thank you for your interest.
rhodes68: You know to me watching the tape it looked as if the nurse was accompanying me. That night I do recall that I felt like I just didn't want to go out by myself, and after watching, I almost got the feeling that perhaps she knew that. The glowing appeared right next to me, as soon as I exited the elevator, and stayed the entire way to the ER. It was almost just like if I had a "friend" taking a walk right beside me.
Thank you all! If you have any more comments, or questions please feel free to share them.
GOD BLESS
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
Thanks for another most ineresting account.

It must have been a shock to both him and you to see and realise you were not alone that night and that your "companion" was actually an imprint of a past life.

Since she didn't seem to interact with you at all, it sounds residual but I claim that with a bit of hesitation-did the apparition seem that it was actually following you or did it look as if you accidentally found yourself in her way?
dukemanistan (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
Interesting to see a hospital bound spirit who instead of being someone who died there, is someone who lived there. Someone who cared about the hospital so much she left a piece of herself there.

Interesting that she kept pace with you when you stopped, that means either that spirit was aware of you and was in some way accompanying you, or perhaps she in her own pattern used to stop and look at something there when she was alive.

What era was the outfit he described, do you know?
Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
I know I would never ride the elevator alone again, hahaha. But that is amazing. I think I'd be more scared being the security guard. You should see if it's against hospital policy to get a copy of that tape, or even try and ask the security guard to bend the rules if it is. Thanks for your story!

Trent

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: