You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Roaming Condo Imp

Real Ghost Stories

The Roaming Condo Imp

 

Now, I just want to say that I'm not very new to the 'super natural.' I've been having the paranormal happen to me my whole life.

When I was little, I used to have a companion that I referred to as "The Old Man." It scared my mom badly when I would begin just to talk to him because she couldn't see him. From what I remember, he was a grandfather that had died, but that isn't the story I'm telling today.

My mom divorced my dad when I was about ten or eleven and we all just left our rental property. My mom and I moved into a condo near my school and we got a dog. That was the agreement I gave her, if we moved, I had to have a dog. So we got a beagle-mix, and named her Holly (no it wasn't Christmas time either, it just seemed like a good name). We took her home and everything was fine, for awhile at least.

We'd been living in the condo for about two weeks before we got the dog and my mom had let me do most of the painting and stuff. So she was usually reading or something while I worked (I like doing the flooring and painting so it wasn't a big deal). But I started getting the feeling someone was watching me. I'd shut doors and cabinets just so I could work. I could hear scratching sounds behind me and only when my mom left for work did the things get weirder. Things would go missing and turn up in completely random places--like a paint roller ending up in the toilet bowl.

I would ignore these things because they weren't that bad. But then things got weird. My radio would turn off and I'd turn it back on, only to find as soon as I turned around it shut right back off. The painter's tape would disappear off the walls and be balled up in the corner of another room. I was creeped out, but I didn't tell my mom.

When we got the dog, I figured whatever was bugging me would just leave me alone. It did, but it turned abusive towards my dog. Holly would be sitting on the floor and suddenly yelp. She watched things that weren't there pace around the room. One time I touched her while she was watching something and she gave a sort of half growl, half whimper.

I remember that she'd suddenly have her collar (visibly) pulled, (she had a choke chain on for training) and she was dragged to her cage where she was locked in. I got fed up with this and told whatever it was to just leave the dog alone. It did.

I figured I was done with it. But after a few weeks, I started seeing shadowy figures walking around the place. I would hear tapping sounds from other rooms. Mind you, eventhough the walls between my neighbors and I is sound proof, I would hear voices whispering.

The constant feeling of being watched came back and stayed no matter how many times I would shut things. My hair would get pulled when I was watching TV, my cellphone would constantly end up in the refrigerator and my bedroom door got in the habit of locking itself.

Soon there would be scratches at my door and knocking sounds came from my closet. Snickering sounds came from the area around my nightstand. My homework would be thrown around the room when I woke up in the morning.

Then it just got scary. I would get the feeling of weight on my chest and my sheet would get pulled off the bed even if I held onto it. When I stayed up late on the computer, I'd catch a glimpse of only what I can describe as an impish figure bobbing around.

One night my door opened and shut and I looked out from under my sheet to see what was there. The imp-thing was staring at the bed from a distance of about three feet. I swear it had almost a reddish hue, but I can't quite be sure. I would guess it was about four feet tall standing up, but it looked hunched over by age, I suppose. It had a pointy hat on, as ridiculous as that may sound. It simply walked over to the foot of my bed and started pulling at my sheets. I held on but it was strong and started making hissing and spitting sounds. Then I felt the sensation of hitting on my legs. It was painful and when it stopped I basically curled up in a ball to sleep.

Now I could have simply played that night off as a bad dream... But I had bruises on my legs when I woke up. Furthermore, a chair by my desk was kicked over and my homework was scattered.

I still get the feeling I'm being watched sometimes, but ever since we got new neighbors the occurrences have subsided. I'm guessing whatever it is likes to haunt the newest residents, so I wasn't all that surprised when the people moved out, complaining of 'bad sound proofing' but the truth is, the sound proofing was brand new on their unit. When the next people moved in, I tried to give them a hint and they laughed it off. They moved out fast, too. In the end, the newest neighbors are hardly ever home. If you know what 'it' is please tell me. I'm curious as to why it doesn't just stay in one unit.

Till next time,

Alex.

Other hauntings by alex323

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alex323, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

tascha (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
hi I'm not sure there could be 2 entities in your old home? Notnice ones by the sounds of it. I'm glad you moved house and your dog is safe too 😆
Nebt (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
Okay...I am pretty sure I can solve this problem right here, right now. Leave a bit of milk and bread our (two little things of milk and two little bits of bread out every night at least twenty feet apart). See if that does not help and get back to me on it, ok? Seriously... I am so interested in what will happen here!:D
rubyrose_99 (4 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-15)
Hi Alex,
I'm not sure what this might be. It's probably a mythical creature. I don't think it's really dangerous though, just mischievious.
Mandy ❤
dukemanistan (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-27)
I would say it sounds like you might have yourself a fae problem. Kind of rare in well developed areas but I don't suppose it's impossible. Try leaving an offering of bread and butter (real stuff not margarine) maybe a bit of real cream. I also recall something about a circle of salt on the floor acting as a barrier but I may be wrong there.

Also if it is a Fae that would certainly explain why it likes to mess your dog, try tying a ribbon in her fur, I've heard that it has to be green but I've also heard colour doesn't matter.

This is all offered with the assumption that you are dealing with a member of the little folk.
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
I would find out if the people who lived in the condo before you, moved for cause of "similar sound proof issues," the fact that it appeared to you, kind of sounds like it was mad that you challenged it, espeacially since it did get physical, with hitting, and hair pulling, plus the fact that it was abusive to your dog. I would be weary since most of its tormenting has stopped for now, cause it may have had some fun with you, and decide to come back when its bored.
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
I don't believe its a demon! Demons aren't that small! Or it might have been in its true form! What a little prankster you have at home 😨
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
As with a couple of the other comments on your story, I have heard of certain impish type creatures in folk lore who like to play tricks and cause problems. I have not heard of it moving from location to location though.

Thank you for sharing you experience with us. Keep us posted.

God Bless!
burning_flame87 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
I know you're from the States but what you're describing sounds an awful lot like a boggart but I'm not big on the whole mythical creature thing. I mean, where do they go when they're not tormenting you? Are you sure that you don't have a wolverine or an armadillo in your house matey? I know it sounds ridiculous but I used to have big as bats in my house all the time when I was growing up so anything is possible.
SiLeNt (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
i think that this particular entity likes to tourment people. Just like you was.

This sort of things scares the poo out of me!

gd story.
Rowan_Red (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
Heya, Alex,

Imps throughout folklore are said to be tricksters. They have a mean sense of humor, which is evident to what they did to your dog, and they adore playing games, such as the incidents with your cellphone. But, I do not think that it wants to hurt you, or your pets. I think it's just delighted to have someone to play tricks on. And once you stand up to it, as you did when it came to your puppy, it will back down. So if it ever bothers you, I think if you just solidly tell it to leave you alone, I think it will.

Keep us posted please,
Rowan
fizzypulp (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
To me this spirit sounds mean but I don't think dangerous.
Sounds like a spiteful spoilt brat 😁
If it comes back then ask it in very clear tones to leave you alone as it is not welcome and hopefully it should leave you alone.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
Well it does seem to me that this spirit is a prankster I got a wierd feeling that he may not all be doing good intensions.Whil.e I was reading I had a feeling that he was actually being mean. Well who knows. Thanks for sharring this story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Reaper666343 (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Well Physical apparitions aren't uncommon I my self have had a night experience where I woke up with claw marks in my leg in the shape of a 5 fingered hand. I believe that this thing may very well be a type of Poltergeist 😕. Or it ma actually be an "Imp" In older days many people claimed that Imps existed and your is not the first Imp story I have heard so it is very possible. 😊
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
LOL I'm sorry but your story was funny. Dont get me wrong I really enjoyed it, I would consider your stories one of the Best I have read. I think its sweet that you have a dog. If the"ghosts" whatever it was would pull things on my pet that would really piss me off to. I'm a dog/cat lover and that would just be crossing the lines. I hope things got better with you at home.
Thanks for sharing.
Carrotred (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Hmmm, seeing as this is a physical entity, I'm guessing it COULD be some form of impish demon. Maybe a undiscoverd spirit? I doubt it for a demon as they are harmfull and would most likely do MUCH more then hide items if you know what I mean. But Shadow spirits are bad yes, so I would suggest getting some kind of help. Do you still get botherd by the entity, even though you have new neighbours?

All thes best - Carrotred
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Sounds like you've got a prankster on your block. I haven't got a clue as to what that thing is though but I'm sure you will get a few responses from more experienced posters on these matters.

Thanks for sharing.
Mickey (6 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Hello Alex my name is Mickey. You can check out my profile and see what I do for a living.

Anyway, I do think that it is strange to have a ghost only come to newcomers. But I do strongly believe that this ghost that you had encountered with was a very lonely ghost. This means that whenever someone new comes to the area that you were staying in, this ghost tries to have fun with them until new arriver's come. Do you get what I am trying to say?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: