You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The New Condo - Pt. 1

Real Ghost Stories

The New Condo - Pt. 1

 

**This is a recount of my family's experiences over a few years in a condo we lived in. Because of all the events we experienced, there will be two parts to this story, this is part one.**

I grew up mainly in apartments, but my mother always had a dream of owning her own home. Back then we lived in a suburb of Portland, Oregon in a city called Beaverton. In the late 90s the area experienced rapid growth. Part of the forest areas were mowed down to make space for a new elementary school, large grocery stores, and a the beautiful gated condo community.

Eventually, my mother convinced my father to purchase one of the beautiful condos. It was the very last one in the building available, even the realtor mentioned how no one seemed to choose it. But my mom was in love with it, and to unload the lingering condo, they gave us a bit of a deal.

It was a row house style condo - three stories tall. The garage on the bottom floor, kitchen and living room on the second, and the two bedrooms and bathrooms on the third.

My family was so hopeful. We bought new furniture and I started in a new school I actually liked. My parents, being of Catholic faith, had a priest bless our new home.

Life was normal, for about a year.

Then one day I was doing my homework at the large dining room table. Focused on my studying, the room was quiet. Then suddenly I felt as if someone was watching me, very closely. I looked up but no one was there.

Trying to ignore the feeling, I went back to studying. Moments went by and the feeling of the eyes got stronger, closer somehow. Like someone was walking toward me. Looking over my shoulder, I saw nothing. But now the goosebumps up my arms started, the air was thick.

Sitting very still I kept my eyes down, until I felt the gaze just inches from the side of my face. It was as if someone was standing face to face with me - their eyes inches from my skin. The feeling intensified until I got up from the table and ran away, running to my dad who was upstairs.

Nights later I was walking into my bedroom, and a small light floated across the middle of the space, before disappearing into thin air.

I later found out they were called Orbs. And there were always a couple floating around at night, some were white, some where other colors but they disappared quickly. I thought it was a trick of the eyes for a while, but later my theory would be put to the test.

As the feelings of being watched continued for me, my parents admitted to having their own experiences too.

My mother would often work the night shift at her job. When she would come home from work at night, she would unwind with a cup of tea in the kitchen.

She said she would hear loud bangs coming from the third floor, like someone was dropping heavy objects on the floor. When she would go upstairs to check on everyone, there would be nothing out of place, and everyone was sleeping.

My dad was doing dishes in the kitchen at the sink and out of the blue he heard someone shout right in his ear, but he was completely alone.

Around this time is when the poking started.

First with me in the shower, in the middle of my lower back. Then my dad, again when he was in the kitchen, in the same spot as me, in his lower back. It was always just one quick jab/poke in the back, almost as if someone was trying to get our attention or playing a joke.

There were days and sometimes weeks when nothing would happen, giving us a sense of normalcy. It was during one of these weeks that I was coming up the stairs to the third floor to get ready for bed. Just at the top of the stairs, I looked up into my bedroom.

In the darkness, my room was filled with hundreds of light orbs. All sizes and colors, swirling around one another. I was frozen in wonder. Unable to believe what I was seeing. But they were all there.

As I continued to watch all the orbs, a large bright white orb came through the middle of the room and they all followed, disappearing a second later.

I still have a hard time believing what I saw, and have no explanation. My bedroom was at the back of our condo, facing another condo building, not near any roads that could produce headlights.

It was at this point that my parents tried a second blessing on the condo. I'm not sure than any of us believed it would help, but we weren't sure where else to turn.

By now my parents and I were believers that something was definitely going on in our home, but nothing would prepare us for what would happen next.

Other hauntings by TheLightFatedGirl89

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TheLightFatedGirl89, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pixie88 (2 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-10)
Thanks for posting this story and sharing with us, love it. 😊
TheLightFatedGirl89 (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-03)
Chanced - Thanks for reading and the complement on my writing! ❤
TheLightFatedGirl89 (3 stories) (14 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-03)
AugustaM - All good points! I'm planning on trying to research the area and see if I can find out what was there, other than woods. There were so many different things that happened in that condo its hard to pin point what or who was there.

I was pretty young at the time all these events happened (10-12 years old) so it didn't occur to me to reasearch or ask neighbors (who were adults at the time) about what was occuring in their condos.

Part 2 is up now. Thanks for reading!
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-28)
Granted, I am saying this without having seen part II as everyone else but if I had to make a guess at this point as to what was going on... I get a strong elemental/woodland nature spirit/pixie vibe. Since the woodlands were so abruptly and recently knocked down, I get to thinking that a variety of elementals may have been displaced - some reacted with aggression some with a rather fluttering panic and some seem to have adapted.

Why they seemed to have centered on your family's unit and not the others? Perhaps yours was constructed over a site of some significance.

Again, these are but guesses and worse still guesses made without hearing the whole story (though I fully understand breaking things up - that was not meant to imply anything negative towards the OP). Looking forward to reading the rest 😊
Chanced (5 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-24)
Thanks for posting! This was reallllly well written 😊

Cant wait for part 2!
TheLightFatedGirl89 (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-20)
SAMthedude, yes disco ball orb party seems to be the majority opinion around here. Part two coming soon! 😁
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-20)
[at] lady-glow: you kill me with your comments! Ghostly disco ball? 😁😁 Your sense of humor is spot on!
SAMthedude (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-20)
I think whatever was on my mind has been justified by these previous comments... I think nothing is left for me to say. But the disco party one can be probably true 😂. I think the condo your residing in is built upon their disco house😂😆... Looking forward to your next post. Curious about your experiences
TheLightFatedGirl89 (3 stories) (14 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-19)
lady-glow, love how you always sprinkle humor into every comment. 😭 😁 You're right though, it looked like a party of orbs in there. What struck me was all the different colored orbs (red, white, blue, purple...). I haven't seen that since, only white.

I wish orb disco balls had been the most of our worries in that place. Write again soon! ❤
TheLightFatedGirl89 (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-19)
Melda, you're so right! When I started writing about my experiences here I realized how recounting it can sometimes be difficult. Which is very true for the next part of my family's story in the condo. I'm really curious to hear everyone's input on what they think it all was. I also always wanted to research the area to try and find some answers.

I'll be writing part 2 very soon!
TheLightFatedGirl89 (3 stories) (14 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-19)
Rynne, yes we did eventually move, which I'll talk more about in part 2. All these years later I always wondered what others would experience in that place. Thanks for reading, I'll be writing part 2 in the next few days. ❤
rynne (69 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-19)
Like all the others, I too will look out for your next post sharing your condo experiences. Wondering if you all moved, someone else lives there...
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-18)
TheLightedFatedGirl - I wish you had continued with the rest of your experience right here but I realise that sometimes it is difficult and I too have divided some of my experiences.

I'll wait for part 2 before I comment. Don't make us wait too long!

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-18)
Hello TLFG.

If you hadn't established that "Part of the forest areas were mowed down" to build the condos and other structures, I would have thought that the orbs in your room could had been a ghostly disco ball.;)

Waiting anxiously for the second part to this story.
TheLightFatedGirl89 (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-18)
Zaruje, I always thought it was weird too that they were called condos. But that's what the gated community we lived in called them. For a brand new place, it was oddly creepy, and it only got worse / more so as time went on. Thanks for reading I'll post part 2 soon! ❤
TheLightFatedGirl89 (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-18)
CuriousDee, my family's condo was the most active place I've ever lived. Until now I've never spoken about it, so I'm curious what other's think. So glad I found this site. Thanks for reading! Will post part 2 soon. ❤
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-18)
Lightedfatedgirl,

Your family's condo sounds interesting. I'll wait for part 2 before asking some questions.

Thanks for sharing.
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-18)
Hi. The place you described sounded more like a townhouse to me. Creepy. I hope you post the part 2 soon.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: