You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Night Guard

Real Ghost Stories

Night Guard

 

In late 2002 I was on stand down orders from the Army, so I went back to work. I was a Major with a security company and had to go to a post that people kept either calling in sick or would just simply refuse to go to. I meet the Officer on duty and was informed of the post orders and given a tour of the grounds. This is a Foundry (Metal shop) located in East central Florida. While going through the tour with the Officer I observed that the buildings were very old and asked if there was any building that I should not enter at all. The Officer said he couldn't think of any.

We went through the employee break room and bathroom area which were in a modular building that looked almost new. There was an older radio that was playing some country music in the corner by a microwave. The Officer walked over turned it of and then unplugged it. I thought it strange but I didn't want to talk to this man anymore than I had to, so I didn't ask questions to why he did it. He then started just talking and telling me how it was where the original railroad station used to be back a 100 years or so ago, but they moved it to were it was now. The station is now a museum in this small town and was within sight of where we were standing.

The man told of some stories he had heard about murders, rapes and all other bad things had happened there. At all this being his supervisor I asked if he was scaring other officers away so he could get the over time? He looked at me insulted and started walking away into the closest building. Once inside he produces a small black pistol and a flash light but he wasn't facing me. I had my service revolver a Smith and Wesson model 19 chambered in. 357 magnum so I pushed my coat away and unsnapped the retention strap. I stood there thinking, "Holy crap this dude's flipped out..."

He turned around and said, "I don't think this will help but it makes me feel better..." All I could think to say is, I hope you have a permit for that thing. He laughed at me and stated, "Kid I don't even have bullets for this thing..." I figured it best to stop asking questions, because the answers weren't making much since anymore. We proceeded to walk through this huge building full of metal cutting tools and welding machines. In the center was a cleared walk space outlined with yellow florescent paint to mark the path. At the end of this building was a Security Office with a phone, radio and a desk with an old duck taped chair sitting behind it.

The Officer turned and asked me if I had planed to stay the whole night? I informed him that I was because his relief had called in sick tonight. He told me that he knew that girl (referring to the other officer) was scared out of her mind last night and he had to come in early and work a sixteen hour shift per the Colonel (my boss). It was a 12 hour post and I knew it was going to be a long night running on a couple hours of sleep the day before.

I let the Officer go home and walked the property one more time before I sat down and relaxed. I must not have noticed large this property was when I had walked it the first time, so laziness got the best of me so I went and got my jeep and drove it around the second time and just stopped in front of the building got out and walked through them. I returned to the office and called my wife and told her I was not going to be home that night and I would see her in the morning. I turned on the little radio in the office and sat down and started payroll for that week. It must have been really exciting stuff because I woke up about an hour and 45 minute later. It was dark now and I needed to make a round anyway, but first I had to take a leak. I went and got my jeep and drove down to the employee rest area unlocked the door and went in.

I was standing in front of the urinal when I heard somebody start singing, it was very faint but I heard it none the less. I got done with my bathroom break and entered the lunch room. The radio was playing so I went over and turned it off, I started walking out of the break area when it dawned on me that the Officer had turned it of and un-plugged it. So I returned to the radio and un-plugged it again. I went outside got in my jeep and drove around the grounds and checked every building twice; I thought someone had jumped the fence and was playing around. I just wondered if the person realized I was carrying hand cannon on my hip and a shotgun in my jeep.

I returned to the security office after my search didn't turn up anything and called the Colonel. I told him to keep his radio on because I might have someone on the property and may need backup. He said you know that place is haunted, don't you? I told him that the Officer had made some hints but didn't out right say it. I told him that I would not be calling him to come hold my hand, I'd call him when I knew for sure are had the person detained.

I continued to make my rounds in my jeep just in case. I went back by the break room to check the radio it was off and unplugged, cool. I then went to exit through the bathroom and I didn't even make it to the door when I heard singing. I have the only keys to the building so I must have locked the trespasser in the building. I drew my pistol and went back into the break room expecting to see some scared local kid or some crack head that got "lost" some how. When I entered the room not only was the door locked and there no where to hide, it was empty of life to. I walked over to the radio turned it of and unplugged it again picked it up and moved it to one of the tables across the room.

I went back outside got in my jeep and started driving downs the dirt path between the buildings. It was starting to rain (it is Florida it's either raining or about to). I was making my way back to the office when I decided to make another round by the break area. I pulled up to the building unlocked the door walked in and was rather pleased to see the radio where I left it. I locked the building back up and went back to my jeep. I started to drive the dirt path again it was raining pretty heavy at this time. I just started off when a kid (black male) in ragged clothes ran in front of my jeep. I slammed on my breaks and went to open the door when a man (big and white) in faded overalls ran the same path as the kid had. I exited the jeep grabbed a flashlight off the dash and took off after them.

At this time in my life I ran the 2 Mile in 13:02, we covered some ground when I finally drew my pistol and yelled stop or I'll shoot (I know it's corny but it's what I said). The kid kept running but the man turned and faced me. Clean cut. Built and full of rage. I drew the hammer on my revolver to single action to show I would shoot. I whipped some rain and sweat from my face with my hand holding the flash light. When I opened my eyes he was gone.

I walked his foot steps in the soft sand but they just stopped where he did. I went back to my jeep got my shotgun and tracked the footprints again from where I first saw him but it was the same out come, they just stopped.

I have more to this story but I summed up the bulk as best I could. I will post the rest latter.

Other hauntings by Sapper

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sapper, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-06)
Great story! Its probs a bit late to comment duno if you still use this site but yeah that is sooo freaky. Did you show anyone else the footprints?
My guess is the kid was a slave and the dude was chasing him because he escaped?
Sapper (7 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-28)
Thank you I've been kind of busy lately with hunting season and all. But I have had some experiances at work and some that have been relayed to me so I will try and post them when I can.
JP
Pete16 (2 stories) (49 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
Sapper, great suspense on this one! I've read a lot of these stories (bored at work) and although I do not trivialize them as I'm sure each one has been frightening, this is the first story in a while that has given me true goosebumps. I will be reading the second part of this story next, but I was wondering if you will be posting any more stories soon? P.S. Your guns sound scary, and I certainly wouldn't want to sneak up on you
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Again. Loved the story. I loved the "stop or I'll shoot" you are quite a comedian too. Lol. Look forward to your next story. Thanx. Love Jasmin
Sapper (7 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
Thank your for the comments. I actually wasn't expecting it. I work in Law enforcement so I've gotten pretty used to describing every aspect even down to weather and smells. I've been blessed with a photographic memory and it serves me well. I will post the remainder soon. My computer is still being fixed as of this time and I am using the one at work. But I will not try and keep you waiting. I will also be posting stories from some of the POW camps I have had the plessure of sleeping in while I was in the National Guard.
JP
burning_flame87 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
Welcome dude. I love this story but especially the way you told it. You are obviously a natural storyteller. I'm looking forward to hearing more.
Cheers
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
Holy!This is one of the best stories I ever heard. I think this story scared everyone hear. I just can't wait until you post the next story. Thanks for sharring this story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rootwomin (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
great story!

I too am awaiting the conclusion or continuation.

So far all indicators lead to a enslaved person or sharecropper and overseer confrontation as far as the ghosts are concerned imo.
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Well Sir, I must say. Very Intresting story and I can't wait until you post the rest. Believe me, I'm on a midnight crew here in this big lonely warehouse on a Marine Aviation Base... Theres stories about this place too and at times I get the feeling of being watched. There's also a supposedly haunted back gate less than a 1/2 of a click from the warehouse that the Japanese won't stand guard at because there's been reports of seeing a legless Samuri dressed in ancient attire there looking for a sword fight. Keep us updated on your situation.
God Bless

Burnz
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Oh my gosh! I can't wait to hear more. You must have been completely perplexed!

Jennifer ❤
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Hello Sapper. Welcome to the site and thanks for a fascinating story.I,like all the rest, will be patiently waiting for part 2.

FRAWIN 😊
freckle0328 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Wow, I wouldn't have been able to stick it out the rest of the night after that 😲

Have you shared your story with the other officers? If so, I'd like to know what they have experienced. Maybe you guys can figure out exactly what spirits are there by sharing experiences and by learning the history of the place...

I'm really interested, and I look forward to your next story!
DarknessEmbraced (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Thanks, that was a great story. Because I knew the story was going to be of some haunting, I guess it's only reasonable from the start that I got an impression of something weird going on when the officer unplugged the radio 😁 but this was a great story, I'm curious to know the rest of the story and if anything ever happed with that radio. I'll be checking in to see, thanks for your story. Oh and another thing what town did this take place in? Just curious, thanks~
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Welcome sapper-nice to have you on board 😊.

That must have been one crazy night!

Looking forward to reading more!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
I very much enjoyed your story! You are very good with detail and setting the scene!

I look forward to reading more of your occurances!

God Bless!
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Holy Smokes that is awesome. I cannot wait to hear the rest! The kid dissappeared as well?
Dreamcatcher (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Now I can't wait to hear the rest! I will definitely be checking in again to hear the outcome. Thank you very much.
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Wow! That was interesting! Do you have any idea who the boy being chased and the man who was chasing him might have been?
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Wow! Security guards have the craziest encounters at night on their shifts. Very cool story and I look forward very much to part II. Thanks.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: