You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Off Guard

Real Ghost Stories

Off Guard

 

Normal night in Fresno, CA. Dinner was great and television wrapped up a night's entertainment. After routine rituals, I crawled in bed and said my prayers (yep, I still say my prayers, even as a grown man). I drifted off to sleep.

Tossing and turning came to my discomfort through out the night. I kept thinking to myself "I'm never going to get any sleep tonight!" I finally found that perfect comfort zone and floated away, into peaceful sleep.

I remember opening up my eyes, then slowly raising up out of my bed. I rubbed my sleepy face -- Something caught my peripheral vision. I slowly glanced over to my right -- Across the room, over by my desk, I notice two mid-size men cloaked in dirty hoods, having a CONVERSATION!? I thought to myself, "Who the hell is that!?"

As I started to yell at them, they became startled, as though they were not aware I woke up? They both jumped, then ran towards me and out of my open bedroom door, leading into the front room! I lost it! I started screaming, "MOM! MOM! MOM!" She responded as any great mother would do. I told her what happened and both of us slowly searched the small apartment carefully for any burglars. Nothing -- Nobody, but us. We went back inside my room. She prayed over me, asking God for protection. She kissed me on the forehead and promised everything would be alright for the night. She went back upstairs and hell yeah, I slept with the lights on!

Morning came and I woke to the smell of bacon and coffee. Mom and I met in the kitchen for breakfast. She asked, "What artist did you listen to last night?" She told me they sounded great and they put her to sleep. I told her I didn't have any music on. I asked, "What did it sound like?" She said, "He sang an old hymn, acappella style.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Entropy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

razorback95 (2 stories) (48 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-10)
Hmm. This is a bit confusing to me also. I've heard of these entities before but never singing hymns or what not. And not trying to be rude but I would like to ask when your mom went to sleep since they were singing which she said put her to sleep. Like was she awake before you called her in? Or was she referring to after they left or what? Also is this a recent event or older event? Just curious.
Razor
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-08)
Entropy, I have another question. Could you understand what these beings were saying?
Also I suggest you read Cinnamon's story, including the comments, as it seems you both encountered the same type of entity.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-08)
Mmkay... This makes absolutely no sense. I've a sneaky suspicion that it's supposed to, that the reader is supposed to magically grasp *something* I cannot. What year did this happen?

Cinnamon, I thought of your strange beings when I read about this too, glad you commented! But the way Entropy has told his story is utterly confusing. 😕
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-08)
Entropy
I assume you live with your mother either because you take care of her, or for financial reasons on both your parts.
As far as these beings. I think you should do the cleansing/shielding method on Rookdygins profile page. Many people have used this method with great success but may have to be used several times, first it is a matter of how determined the entities are and secondly to give you peace of mind. You can do this periodically if you want.
In the meantime I would go the town to find out anything you can about the building your apartment is in. Dig as deep as you can.
Regards
Red
Cinnamon (1 stories) (9 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-09-08)
I had a very similar experience as you (apart from the mama bit). I awoke by a strange feeling one night about 3 years ago, I opened my eyes (yes I was wide awake & not dreaming) & standing right beside my bed were two hooded beings of approx 5ft tall each appearing to be looking down at me- I was unable to see their faces as there was only coal black darkness within the opening of the hood, they started talking to one-another but I knew they had evil intent by manner of their voices & a very evil vibe they emanated. They lingered for what seemed like ages but was probably only a minute or two, I was totally paralysed from my eyes to my feet, I could not move a muscle, I was terrified to put it mildly. I recalled my parents years ago telling me to pray if ever met with evil so I did in my mind and instantly these two beings disappeared! I have never been so scared in my life! I was about 37 when this event took place & yes I was completely awake and aware of my surroundings. Creeeepy!
Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-08)
I'm going to guess this happened when you were much younger. Right?
WillowWaly (2 stories) (97 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-09-08)
I'm confused, did this happen to you as child or an adult (a 'grown man')?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: