You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Security Guard's Mall Hauntings

Real Ghost Stories

Security Guard's Mall Hauntings

 

I've been working at this tiny Mall in Coeur 'D Alene, ID, for the last four years. Two of those years I was working as a Custodian part-time while working at Taco-time. Now I work as a Security Guard and of the three days I work, I do two graveyard shifts. These happenings are just too strange to discard as an overactive imagination.

My first experience was while working the closing shift as a Custodian. I was finishing up the last fifteen minutes before clocking out at Midnight. No one worked graveyard security at the time because the mall was owned by GGP (Now owned by Rouse) so I was completely by myself. I decided I'd hustle in vacuuming the entrance rugs, as well as the rugs in the corridors. I had all but finished every rug except for one in the Corridor by Macy's. The one corridor that has an antique shop neighbored by the exit...

I opened corridor double doors to see that one of the fluorescent lights was out at the end of the corridor. The whole rest of the corridor was lit up well enough so I didn't think twice about anything unusual. I walked all the way down towards the end and became aware that the end of the corridor was pitch black. I couldn't even make out the wall even though there was plenty enough light from the other fluorescent lights behind me. Suddenly, as I approached the rugs in the darkness, I felt an overwhelming feeling that I wasn't wanted here. It was so overwhelming and the feeling came so quick I instantly fled from the dark void. I didn't even look back as I shut the entrance doors.

After that incident I decided firmly that the mall had an entity haunting it. I've had enough unexplained events before hand to know that an overwhelming feeling flooding into my conscious mind was more than a wild imagination.

Second thing that happened was nothing big. I was working closing shift at Taco-Time, and was just sitting back there as usual waiting for time to pass because we never had many customers towards the end of a weekday night. I was listening to music and sitting next to the fridge when out of the blue, the fridge door opened itself. From my experiences that fridge door never had a problem staying shut, and it's seals were in perfect condition. I just sat there looking at it and said out loud "Could you shut that when you're finished!?" I think I even said thank you. I shut the fridge and moved on to closing shaking my head all the while... A real prankster!

Third event happened last week on my Graveyard shift, down the same corridor my first experience happened. All my graveyard shifts had seemed to go by without any incident. I accepted that there was an entity in the building, maybe more than one. I felt like I was being watched every shift. But nothing ever seemed to happen until last week...

I was on my second run around the building, about 3AM. I made it to the Macy Corridor and the second I opened the double doors, that feeling overwhelmed me. I could hear a soft humming, almost like a distant vehicle idling. I stopped and listened for a moment trying to figure out why I was hearing such a strange noise at that time of night. I moved down the hallway towards the exit/entrance doors to hit my button and that was when the feeling washed over me harder. I was not wanted here. The humming had dissipated and all was silent. I was just about to hit the button when a loud clang sounded from nowhere. I screamed angrily, furious that something was actually messing with me so effectively. My whole body tingled in fear yet my adrenaline kept me from running. I hit the button and stomped out of the corridor feeling as if a giant maw was going to swallow me whole.

I've had plenty of experience with unexplained events but this recent one really got to me. I feel like something is slowly working into my mind and playing off my deepest fears. I have to go back tonight for another Graveyard and I really don't want to...

I need suggestions on how to deal with this entity.

Strange thing is before that happened, I was giving my Girlfriend advice on how to deal with that feeling of being watched in her house. I suggested she embrace the limitless power of her spirit and allow her aura to spread throughout the house. I reminded her that we are eternal. Selflessness and love deters evil spirits. Ironically, on the same night, an entity seemed to hear me and figured out how to break my defenses down.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, icec0rpse, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

icec0rpse (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
Well so far so good. I just started full time graveyards. I have in the past worked quite a few more graves and nothing bothered me. I usually am singing to myself doing the patrols and keep a high spirit, as I do normally throughout my life. So the moral is stick with your guns and don't ever feel alone in the spiritual battle. I'll let you all know if anything gets shakey.

I also carry an orgonite pendant for added energy and protection.
moon_free (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-08)
sprinkle the area with rock salt then sweep it away towards the exit. Dump the salt in a bin or dumpster outside preferably well away
Potatogiest (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-05)
It kind of reminds me of mall cop. 😉 Also I am a bit skeptical Of how you went from working at taco time and then to a mall Officer. 🤔
abanob (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-29)
Haha no man they didn't hear you they allready know what in your mind maybe they made the attack on you because they heared you giving her advice that all is kind of you think you are powerful we will show you who you truly are good luck
Grimm-Reaper24 (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-29)
damn, I never thought in a million years that i'd ever find a story from right here in town. But I wonder if that entity is the reason why so many businesses there at the mall never stay open for very long. You gotta admit, the mall is practically empty with only having about a dozen stores in it
kariorit (1 stories) (23 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-27)
I just have to say, (and I'm sorry if I offend anyone) that this stacey person may or may not have a point, but... If you belong to Jesus and are His, no evil can get to you. His blood is beyond evil's ability to penetrate it.

Right believing is the key, if you believe that you are opening doors and letting evil in, then that will manifest in your life. If you trust in the finished work of Jesus on the cross, that will manifest as well.

Personally, I gave up a long time ago thinking there were evil spirits hanging off of things waiting to jump on me... I just trust in my Jesus to keep me safe.
Nephylim (10 stories) (79 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-25)
I agree with Lilady, protection stones can be a powerful addition to any spiritual arsenal. Rose quartz is also a good stone for absorbing negative energy. My wife used to suffer from attacks at night since before we first started dating. It was recommended that we put a piece of Rose Quartz under our mattress. The attacks stopped the very night we did it and she has not had another in the 10 years we have been together (this advice is more for home protection than to be carried around). It would need to be cleansed regularly too.
The comment Eric made is also some very good advice. I have found that dark entities feed off of your fear (as you yourself stated in your narrative) and can use that fear against you. I found that, not denying my fear, but acknowledging it and embracing it also takes away the source of sustenance for these entities.

Gaya also has some good advice that I have found to work very well, as SDS said, read my story "The Night of the Ouija" for an example.

As I have constantly said, I do not claim to be an expert, but I hope some of this can help you.

Keep strong
Neph
Narella (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-24)
I'm sorry you're having such negative experiences at work. The way you handled the fridge door opening probably stopped it from happening again. It's not a good idea to challenge the spirits, but it's never a good idea to show fear. Yeah, I know that's a lot easier said than done. But think of them as bullies. The more upset people are the more bullies pick on them. Has anything else happened? Please let us know how it is going.
EricLockwich (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-24)
Sometimes you just have to say F-it and get in and out of there because of work. Try not to think about anything bad when going to the exit/ entrance. If you think about it too much then you may have it used against you mentally. Use something to boost your confidence about that place (maybe a flashlight cause its dark) because your confidence will repel anything from trying to break your emotions down as a challenge.

Ghosts don't thrive off of your emotional connection being tested, only evil spirits do, so if you go in there with a different mind set then you are going in to that location with a leverage.

Mentally prepare yourself by telling yourself its just 4 walls and I'm the only one here, I have to hit my button and continue to the next one. Only then will you not fear anything that may be lurking in the dark and will eventually leave you alone cause it knows you can't be tested just like a kid being tested with the cookie jar in front of their face instead of safely on top of the fridge where it belongs.
Andreaa11 (54 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-23)
Zzsgranny: very true, I am always skeptical about my reading material, my conclusion is that as long as we all believe in a higher power, as to me is God, and in times of trouble rely on this power to help us rid us of any entity, is of all importance. I'm certainly not giving up my scary movies and occasional cocktail! 😆
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-07-23)
Andrea: Yeah, I don't hold the same beliefs as Stacey 😆, but a lot of people do. I guess it all comes down to what the individual believes and has faith in, anyway 😊
Andreaa11 (54 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-23)
Thanks zssgranny. I was raised catholic but after reading staceys books I almost wish I hadnt read them in the first place! After I went through her list of opening doors to the occult, I had already written down 25...ouch! 😐
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
11 years ago (2013-07-23)
Andrea: There are ways of cleansing crystals/stones and charging them with the proper vibrations. I don't know your religious beliefs, but for many it's the same thing as wearing/using a crucifix.

Http://crystal-cure.com/article-aura-protect.html

Http://www.staciespielman.com/ProtectionFromDemonicForces.htm

I use protection stones and crystals and am a firm believer in their powers.
Andreaa11 (54 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-23)
Lilady4, who told you stones can protect you from spirits? And why would a spell help? I'm not challenging your beliefs but where did you learn that pieces of stones can help? Is it a wiccan belief that stones/binding spells of the earth can ward off spirits? What if a dark spirit attached itself to one of these stones?
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-07-20)
You need a protection spell of sorts like the others have commented about. Or, I would suggest wearing a protection stone (Black obsidian, Black Kyanite, Black Tourmaline, etc). This isn't your home, so you don't have absolute control over any Spirits and/or Entities that reside in your workplace, but you do have control over protecting yourself.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-19)
Hello icec0rpse, it would have been nasty experiences for you when you were all alone in the Mall and that you felt that you were not wanted. Well what Gayatrishiva said is perfect and I think it could protect you from any negative or evil entity.

It is similar to what Nephylim did and explained in his narrative, "The Night Of The Ouija". So please try to concentrate and ensure that your are engulfed with light and that no evil or negative energies could harm you.

You can also try to read "Rook's Protection shield", which I have copied from Rook's profile and pasted in, "Am I Going Crazy? I Need Help" and using that method you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home.

These things should help. But I must say that you are a very courageous man and please practice one of the above techniques to protect yourself.

Nice narration and thanks for sharing.

Kindly inform us any further developments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-07-19)
For this following method seemed to work... So here it goes... Just imagine w pure white or golden light I prefer white light descending from above and if you believe in Jesus or any God just imagine its coming from their heart or hand towards you and engulfing you with the pure light. Once you are fully engulfed in the white light from top to bottom request the light to stay with you 24/7 days a week and when you move let it also move with you and ask it to protect you from anything that's evil or negative. This method has helped me personally and this method kept it away from whatever that was which was trying to attack me.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-18)
It sounds like you've learned all the right advice, kind of like at a boxing club, and then they turn you loose with a senior student and you have to apply it! Doesn't mean it's bad, it's just there. If it was by an antique store I'm sure there was a lot of residual energy zinging around in there. So has the ghost come back to the TacoTime, and has he ever closed the door when he's through? Now that would be a freaky experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: