You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Yet Another Experience in That Room

Real Ghost Stories

Yet Another Experience in That Room

 

It seems that many of my experiences happened in my teens. I am naturally a scared person due to my mother always scaring me senseless with her stories from Kimberley. I was 14 at the time of this one.

OK, here goes...

It was one of those Sunday evenings, when we all just turned in immediately after the 8pm movie. My mother had forgotten to wash my school uniform along with the other washing and insisted she would do it quickly that evening and let it dry overnight.

I asked if she wanted any help to which she replied, no.So, I went to bed, not able to sleep as the sound of the running water had kept me up. I peeked at the clock radio and I'll never forget this...11:15pm.

So, I decided that I really need to sleep, but this was not to be!

Not even 5 minutes after that had I woken up to the sound of breathing next to my head. There she was... a little girl in a blue and white sailor outfit, the red of the clock radio's digits reflecting in her eyes. I shut my eyes and opened them again, but this child would not go away.

The house was quiet - the clock - I looked at the clock - it was 02:00. Strange! I swear I did not fall asleep! I just lay there, praying and crying as this unbelievable sadness came over me. Perhaps a bit of fear was thrown in there as well!

As I opened my eyes after my prayer, I looked to see if she was gone... She was. That wasn't the weirdest thing. The clock was showing 11:35 and my mother was still awake doing washing.

Only 20 minutes had passed... Up until today I do not know if I had a vision or if I passed out and dreamed it all, but I know what I saw and I'm sticking to it!

Other hauntings by trau

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, trau, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-18)
Hi trau, only just read your stories, very interesting and spooky! I too grew up in Kimberley, in the '40s, '50s and first bit of the '60s. Which part of Kim. Are you and your mother from? I hope to post a couple of stories that happened in Kim. In the future (when I have plucked up enough courage, your stories make mine seem very mild!) Lol 😳
trau (4 stories) (29 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
hi staaldak

Yes - I only saw the girl once. I'm not complaining though - I am generally a very scared person. I have submitted another story regarding the west coast road so look out for that one - maybe you can give some input on that one. Thanks! 😉 😁
staaldak (3 stories) (12 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Hi Trau,

I really enjoyed this story. You must have been so frightend. I definately look forward to more of your stories. From how I read your story it seems that you only saw the little girl once. I also think that the time has some significance.

Take care and stay safe,
Staaldak
❤ 😁 😁
trau (4 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Hi everyone, thanks for the comments/input. After chatting to my mother yesterday, she confessed to something that cleared things up a bit. The people who lived in the house before us had a daughter who passed there - in my old room.
I'm not sure what time she passed, but perhaps 2:00 has a significance.
Thanks!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Hello trau. Whether it was a dream/vision or whatever you prefer to call it, it had to be an unsettling experience for you. Let us all hope that the child found whatever she was searching for and is now at peace. Thank you for sharing your story with us, even though it was sad, I enjoyed it. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
bigpatti87 (2 stories) (39 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Well Trau, that is some scary stuff... Not to moch you or your story but all I could think about when reading this was Sailor Moon when you described the outfit but as I finished the story man I realized how scary it must have been, and how I would freak out over something like that... You are definitely a strong person and I would have flipped out beyond belief... Way to be strong.

God Bless,
BigPatti 😉
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Wow that is one scary story. Perhaps the little girl was killed or died at the time you saw on the clock when she appeared. Hmmm I'm just assuming.
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Very wierd story~!~ The little girl would be enough to spook the bajeebus out of me haha, and then the clock thing? That's VERY CREEPY... Good story thanks! And God Bless

Burnzy
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
That's a strange story. Since you're absolutely certain you didn't fall asleep, do you think there was any significance behind the 2am time on the clock?
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Hi Trau. Nice to hear from you again 😁.This is indeed a very wierd encounter you had. I have never heqard a spirit do something like that (I mean with the clock). This indeed was a scary encounter. I to am a little puzzled with the clock. Very strange. I hope others help you out here. Have you ever seen the girl agai? Maybe the clockj was showing her time of death? Or it needed energy and maybe caused the clock to go crazy? This is just a theory and there probably wrong 😆.I hope to hear from you soon and take care
trau (4 stories) (29 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
hi carrycat
Like I said previously, my mom is from kimberley as well... She grew up there in the late 40's and early 50's - the stories are unbelievable...
I never saw the little girl again... I firmly believe that restless sould contact people out of the need to find what we refer to as grace... This is more religious - so I won't go into it. Basically, I prayed that she could find her way/what she was looking for.
carrycat (3 stories) (45 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
hi there, I grew up in Kimberley, and I was also told stories that scared me, about the ghost in the library and the old miners ect

Have you ever seen the little girl again?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: