You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Spirit Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Spirit Ghost

 

This is my second story on this site. I have seen my aunt's spirit-ghost. I don't know what to call it because it is the only time I ever experienced this before.

My aunt was a beautiful lady. Our family and hers, you could say grew up with each other. If she and Uncle Pete weren't visiting at our home, we were over at theirs.

About 12 years ago, my aunt got very sick from cancer. She was in the hospital dying. All the girls went up to the hospital to see her, there had to be 12 of us including cousins.

At this time, my aunt could still carry on a conversation. It was afternoon. I had a visit with her. We all took turns. We stayed for most of the evening and sat right outside of her room in the sitting area.

It was a few hours after I had my last visit with her. I went to her room to check on her and stared at her bed from the door. I was frozen solid staring at her ghost-spirit. She was sitting at the edge of the bed staring at me with her hands folded on her lap. She looked very peaceful. I never saw this before. I could see right through her but she still had the shape of her big eyes and actually her whole body. She did still look pretty. I stared back with my mouth open. I couldn't move. We looked at each other for about 5 minutes. I was kind of scared to see this. I think it was more of a shock than anything else.

I finally called to my mom outside of the room, yelling, "mom come here, come here, right away, Aunt Do just passed, Aunt Do just passed". I turned my head for a split second and Aunt Do was gone. The curtains were also drawn on the side of her bed but when I had seen her sitting at the edge of the bed, they were open.

My mom said "what?" I said "Aunt Do just passed, I seen her. I saw her spirit-ghost sitting at the edge of the bed".

I explained what I saw to her. My mom checked on Aunt Do and sure enough she had died. She turned to me and looked at me kind of funny. She went outside the room and told everyone the bad news. I still don't know to this day if she told everybody what I saw.

After this incident, my mom took me aside and told me that she, her mom and her sisters always had an ESP or something and that I probably have the same. Now whenever anyone has a terminal illness or is very sick, relatives ask me different questions as if to say... "Do you know when they are going to die?"

I usually don't talk about these experiences and if I do, I tell my younger brother. I wouldn't tell my mom unless it pertained to one of her relatives but not our immediate family.

This is the only spirit-ghost I have ever seen. Was it a full body apparition? Why did I see her like this when nobody else did?

Other hauntings by lilblackpom

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lilblackpom, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Hi, I think you were able to see your aunt, because she probably knew you had that special thing and it ain't a curse, and I think she was just letting you know that she was happy and that it was her time to go and for you not worry. Thanks for the story. 😊 ❤
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
Hello ChrisB. Yes, a gift or a curse and you hit it right on. There are numerous times when I can't tell anyone what I seen so I do have to keep it in because I try to protect everyone and don't want to be the bearer of bad news. With this said, do I feel it is a gift, sometimes. Do I feel it is a curse, moreso with the premonitions... Always death after.

Thanks much for your kind words. Judy
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
I ma very sorry for your loss. It is sad to hear about loved ones who must go on. But you have a gift. You can share it with other people. You can help others. Some say its a gift otherts a curse, but it is you who must choose if you want that gift. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
Hello Lilblackpom and thank you for a heart-felt experience!

I believe your family is right to claim you have extrasensory perception-I think you already know that deep down although hard to accept most times. I know it can be disturbing sometimes since we don't really want to feel that something bad will ever happen to a loved one. We prefer not to know-to simply hope.

As a friend, don't close yourself to the experience-sometimes 'knowing' can help us prepare ourselves and our family for what's to come and spend more quality time with the ones we so mistakenly take for granted.

By the way you're decribing your aunt while seated, I'm convinced she was actually waiting for you for one more look, one final goodbye. She was there to let you know that her demise was not the end. She was now energy, everlasting and freed from all physical limitations!
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
Thank you Sarah for your comments and sharing what you think on this story. ILike I said after reading both your comments, I guess I am fortunate to see my aunt's because I loved her dearly. Your comments are appreciated very much.
Judy 😊
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
Thank you KimSouthO for your comments. I always wondered about having this be a curse or something like you said. It seems that after this incident, I started to see things more and more pronounced and as you probably know, I don't like it! Lol But, this is what happens to me. Considering this was my first incident seeing an apparition, I guess I am fortunate to see through my eyes my beloved aunt's. Judy

😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
It is difficult to determine why loved ones will appear to some and not to others.

It is possible as you were there with your Aunt when she passed, right near the room and you are someone she loved and knew, she showed herself to you for that breif time before crossing over.

Try not to see this as a curse (I know, much easier said than done) and see it as a blessing. Your Aunt trusted in you and in a way said the final good byes to you and let you know she was crossing over to peace and happiness, with our Lord.

Thanks for sharing,
God Bless!
Sarah (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
Hi Lilblackpom,
Maybe you were able to see your Aunt not only because you may be "open" to it over other people but because you had a special bond with her. I think that it is a privilege to see what you did as it proves that death is not the end but the beginning of something remarkable.

Sarah.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: