You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: I Am Coming Back To Haunt You

Real Ghost Stories

I Am Coming Back To Haunt You

 

Since my first ghost story was published on this site recently, I am submitting another story which happened two years ago at my home.

I reflect and think about these events, but it wasn't as scary for me as my recent out of town visit.

My husband and I built our home 12 years ago and it is built pretty sturdy. No pipe noises, knocking, etc. Actually, it is the most peaceful residence I have ever lived in. It was about two weeks after my brother's passing. My husband had fallen asleep in the family room downstairs and I was playing around on the computer. I was pretty tired, looked downstairs and really didn't want to wake Will up because he was snoring, etc. He sounded like he was pooped right out!

I said my prayers and went to bed. I couldn't wait to get a good night's rest. While lying in bed, I heard a tapping sound coming from outside the right window next to my bed. It was a finger tapping sound on the window. Then I heard it again on the window to my left. I thought that's strange, I never heard that before. I opened the blinds and didn't see anything there. The windows are pretty high up from the ground so nobody would be able to reach them unless they were 8' tall.

Chris, my brother that passed before these events, was 6'4" and was the tallest in our family and even he wouldn't be able to reach it. There also were no trees to scratch on the windows.

Then all of a sudden I heard a tapping near the door in the corner, then at the other corner in the bedroom. I said, "Chris, is that you?" It started all over again. I got up, it stopped. I went back to bed, it would start again. I said "Chris, would you stop, I am really tired". It stopped.

The next night it happened again. The same tapping sounds but a little louder now. I was starting to get a little frightened. The third night it happened again and was louder than the other two nights. I have never experienced any noises ever from the inside of our house. This was strange.

The fourth night, it happened again and I got up and said "Chris, you told me that you were going to come back to haunt me. Is this you? If so, can you please make it a good haunt, this is kind of bugging me now because it keeps getting louder and louder and is a little frightening to me". The noises stopped.

I went into the living room finally and told my husband my experiences. I thought he would think I was crazy or something. I told him it was Chris. I just had that gut feeling. Chris always played tricks on me throughout my life. I noticed that a few things were rearranged on my tables in the living room that day but disregarded it.

Two more weeks went by and there really wasn't any more loud noises only light tapping. I kept noticing that everything in my living room on the tables was being moved. It was kind of bothering me. When my husband came home we had dinner and such.

I finally said to him "why do you keep moving everything in the living room?" He said "What are you talking about?" I told him everything that was being moved from here to there, etc. He said "I didn't touch anything". I said "are you sure". He said "I'm positive". "Well, I have been hearing a lot of tapping noises in the bedroom and I think it is Chris and maybe he is moving my things around to let me know that he is here with us".Will said "maybe".

This went on for a couple months. I would go down to the family room to watch TV at night before going to bed and my little dog would always come too. She always ends up sleeping next to me on the loveseat. Almost every night I would hear what sounded like someone creaking on the floor upstairs near the landing. My dog Chloe would wake up and look upstairs when that happened. I finally went up and found the spot. You had to stand there and do it to make it creak back and forth. We have a silent floor system so our floors are pretty quiet. I noticed I hung Chris' picture on the hallway wall right where this happened.

The next day was a Saturday. The phone rang for my husband. He was talking to whomever on it. I started to play with Chloe my dog down the hallway. We would play hide and seek a lot, she loved this game. I started running down the hallway towards the kitchen where Will was on the phone. All of a sudden, I tripped and fell and rolled down onto the floor. Will was looking at me like I was a weirdo or something! I stubbed my toe and couldn't believe what had just happened.

When I got up the first thing I seen was my brother's picture hanging on the wall, right in the place that I fell and it looked as if he had a half smirk grin like he was saying...okay, what was that about, or see, I got you that time. Does this happen? I got up and noticed that I had tripped on nothing, nothing was there. It happened so quick like somebody put out their foot out in mid air. I fell right on the place where the creaking was right where my brother's picture was hanging on the wall.

Things like this happened on and off. My television in the bedroom still goes on too. It is always fuzzy and static coming from it. It's not plugged in. It only does this with me, not my husband. A bright light comes from it and then it fades out. Not every night though, every other night. This has been happening for a long time now, after my grandmother and father passed. It doesn't bother me anymore. I have been talking to it and saying hi to everyone. What is it with the radio? What is with the bells?

The only black shadow I seen was probably 6 months before my brother passed. I was standing in the kitchen and my little dog Chloe was in the living room. I looked at her and she was staring at the ceiling going to the family room. I walked over and she was looking at me then the ceiling. I seen a very black form as if it went through the wall and disappeared. I never seen that again and didn't have any idea what it was or if it meant that something bad would happen.

I don't have any answers to any of these things that happened to me. Why does this only happen to me and not my husband? Has anyone experienced things of this nature after a death?

Other hauntings by lilblackpom

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lilblackpom, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

marrie22 (6 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-10-13)
Sorry for your loss. I have experience something like that before. After my brother pass away. I felt his spirit came in my room. He was calling out my name. Same day he pass, my daugther's seen him walk pass the kitchen toward his room. My daugther friend is physics. Her and dad can see spirits.
ManuchesterUnited (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-21)
Really sorry about your loss. I think it's just your brother. You've mentioned in the story that your brother always liked to play tricks on you. When you tripped over his foot his picture was smiling!
Maybe your husband and your brother were friends, or enemies, so nothing like this is happening to your husband.
punkyXXmoi (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-16)
Well, I believed that wasn't Chris. Well, I think the problem is... The spot where you built your house is mostly haunted or someone died there like no one noticed then she/he didn't rest in peace. I hope those are the answers you wanted. I hope it won't happen again. 😊
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
I think you and your brother have such a special bond that even though he is gone the bond is still there and like you said in one of your other stories your brother always liked to play tricks on you, and maybe it was him that tripped you, and for the black thing, it might have been a premonition, I don't know if I spelled that right or not but thanks for sharing your story and sorry for being late on commenting. 😊 ❤

Sorry to hear about your brother
~Vicki
Casper4 (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Hi there

Sorry to hear about your loss... I agree with the other people here, maybe your brothers spirit is in your house and he just doesn't want to you forget him. Maybe you and your brother just had that very special bond and now even after he has passed he still wants to be close to you. Maybe your husband does feel thses things but doesn't want to accknowlegde them. I also think you should try and chat to him and see why he hasnt crossed. Good Luck, God Bless
Casper 4 😁
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
Hi nightgoddess. Thanks for reading my story about my brother. He meant a lot to me. I am going to explain the black shadow because I don't have a feeling our house is haunted. I consider it a premonition also because of what I seen on my brother's deathbed and it looked the same. To make a long story short, it resembled the blood from brother because at the end, he bled to death. Thanks for your concern.
Nightgoddess (14 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
I'm kind of confused on a part. You said in the second to last paragraph "The only black shadow I seen was probably 6 months before my brother passed..." So maybe something was there before your brother passed away. Maybe your house was build in a weird place.

P.S sorry about your brother
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
Thank you for sharring another great story with us. I realy enjoyed reading it. I am very sorry for the the loss of your brother. I understand that your brother has come not to haunt you but to be with you. He must have loved your family through life now it maybe hard for him to leave it after death. Try talking to him. You won't get a responce but for sure he is listenig. Thanks again. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
ok (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
Hello,
Sorry for your losses.
It sounds to me like your brother was a great deal of fun to be around and possibly doesn't want to be forgotten.
Take care and I look forward to reading more from you.
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
Thanks Rhodes for your comments. I try to use my intuition more since it has been right numerous times. Yes, I see what you're saying regarding the after-life. It just kind of bothers me because I know I am sensitive to death and other things and wonder why. Thank you for your reassuring viewpoint.

Judy
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
Hi again lilblackpom and thanks for another great story.

I'm sorry for your losses as I'm sorry for the fear they're causing you.

I do believe that all the events you're describing are related to family members coming back to a niece and a sister they love. A very sensitive and perceptive woman! Try to see them as hopeful messages about the after-life since that's what I trully believe they are-messages from those on the other side who are trying to reassure you that 'death' in its physical form is just a step to an everlasting existence.

I'm not sure if your husband hasn't perceived anything or simply ignoring it. I think he sounds very much like my husband. Whatever the case, it's you these messages are for because you're the one who can sense their presence and the one who uses her intuition more than plain logic.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: