You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Evil Spirit by the Mango Tree

Real Ghost Stories

The Evil Spirit by the Mango Tree

 

In Cambodia, it has been said that if you walk at night during a certain hour, you shouldn't think of anything evil or else it will happen! A group of kids was hungry (this was during khmer rouge regime) so they decided to go look for food in the woods. There was a mango tree with a lot of fresh mangos. Everyone decided to climb it and picked the fruits. Suddenly, one the kids yelled ghost! Within that second, all the kids jumped down and ran. While running, one boy says don't look back. But not listening, my aunt looked back and saw a lady in white with long hair that touched the ground and a face so demonic, you will never forget. Terrified, everyone continued to run like hell. My aunt, being the last one, fell and one of her friends came and helped herup. They all ran back to the village screaming and crying. A couple of days went by and my aunt became very ill. So ill that her hair was falling off and she was completely bald. Months went by, she lost so much weight that people in the village suggested that she see a witch doctor (one that heals from evil spirits). The doctor came and told her parents the reason for her being sick was that she saw the spirit and that spirit cursed her to be sick and to see evil things no 8 year old was supposed to see. The doctor healed her completely. He also explained that the spirit was a lady who committed suicide while 7 months pregnant because he husband left her for another woman. So by that mango tree around 12:00 to 6:00 in the morning, you will see her on the tree with her baby in her arm singing to it and scaring anyone who trespasses her tree.

Never again did my aunt went back.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-24)
Aaru275 - the o/p isn't a member anymore and the comments section, with the exception of your comment and the one before, has been inactive for 7 years. I would be extremely surprised if you receive a response from the o/p to your question.
Aaru275 (4 stories) (55 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-24)
Hell scary! Thanks for sharing it with us. Have you encountered any ghost yet? Please share it too
CherryBlosom98 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-30)
My grandma and grandpa come from Cambodia and so did my aunts and my mom would tell me stories like this.
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-26)
huh? Is that beginning bit really true? If it is thank you for sharing it,

i will be more careful now! Thanks again! 😐
busala (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-24)
wow that is scary and freaky have anyone seen this lady agian after that incident? 😊
Karmaphysics (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-07)
Hi Valerie,
I've heard many stories regarding the lady in white with the child, especially from the older generation. Most people have experienced very frightening hauntings back in Cambodia. There are some very evil ones that have the ability to destroy lives as well. They are not too forgiving either once disturbed. Needless to say you are correct, when a place is war torn there are always spirits and they are scary beyond anyones imagination. There is a lady in white my friends have seen and she is here in Canada. I doubt they are one and the same, but they have similarities from the description you gave. They have not ever seen her face, only her long black hair and white gown. I stand behind you on this incident with your aunt, it is no folk tale. It's evidential to me when people from young to old claimed they have seen her or even someone similar to her. 😁
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
That sounds so scary! Why do people cry I'm not being nasty but people just think your mad if you cry.
Chris (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-21)
Can you draw a picture or a description that will let us know what it looks like?
pat (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-23)
GOD will always protect you and will always be by your side no matter what happens.
Chris (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-10)
Its like a Korean ghost woman they have long hair and a white robe and a very scary demonic face that would scare the living hell out of me talk to me at my e-mail 98046636 [at] hart.k12.ca.us
Heather (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-05)
I think it is a great story, its crazy to think that something like that could actually happen. I'm a little skeptical but then again ghosts are unexplainable beings. The idea of a human being attacked by a spell from a ghost is really creepy.
But not unbelievable by any means.
valerie l (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-05)
first of all if you was from cambodia you would know that in foreign countries people who die dont get a proper burial and I wouldnt make up such thing about my own AUNT. I WAS TOLD THIS BY OWN GRANDMOTHER. I WAS SUSPICIOUS TOO I DIDNT BELIEVE IT EITHER.IF U DIDNT KNOW DURING THIS EVENT THERE WAS A WAR GOING ON WITH MANY TILL THIS DAY WILL SAY THE KILLINGS FIELDS CAUSE SO MANY SPIRITS NOT TO REST IN PEACE. BUT BELIEVE WHAT U WANT.
nicole (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-03)
thats the most scariest story I have heard yet on this computer site. I'm sorry for every thing that happened if all that stuff is true about your anut and all.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-03)
Hey Valerie, I'm sorry about your aunt, but you didn't make this story up did you? I'm not saying I don't believe you, but it just sounds sort of like a folk tale or story that was passed on and on. I'm not saying that it isn't real but I am kind of (I don't know what the right word is for this) but I am kind of suspicious, I read these kinds of stories in those books about folk tales. I hope that you didn't read it and decide to make it up about your aunt and put it on here. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm not saying I don't believe you either but I really don't know about this one....

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: