You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Aunt's Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

My Aunt's Haunting

 

My aunt is not really into the supernatural but respects it. When she lived with my grandma she used to be visited by my uncle Joe after he passed away. Soon she got the strength to move out of my grandma's house and get an apartment of her own.

She lived there comfortably for about two months until she had this nightmare. This is what she told me about her first nightmare:

She told me, she woke up hearing my little cousin start crying and she was trying to comfort him and when she turned around she felt paralyzed and she couldn't move. She said she felt as if someone was on top of her and wouldn't move off. She said that when she moved she would get paralyzed again.

When she finally woke up she was sweating. Although I might think this was just one of those nightmares where you can't move, this isn't the only nightmare she's had.

After this incident, she had an ugly feeling that a man was watching her in her home. She didn't like to be alone and would invite me constantly over to spend the night. I would usually go whenever my cousin was there (my aunts daughter) but sometimes Id make an exception to go just to hang out with my aunt.

Well when I went over again, she told me about a dream she had had not too long ago.

She was taking a shower, and she heard someone go into the bathroom, she opened the curtain to see a man, a very very ugly man, she said it could be Satan. So she closed the curtain and breathed deeply. And she opened it again and he attacked her, she said it was horrifying and she didn't have the words to describe how scary it was. She said that is the reason why she doesn't like to be alone. And whenever she's at home she feels that man. A horrible presence.

Its been about 4 years since shes been in her apartment. But even in her new home she feels that same presence of the man. I think that its not the apartment that is haunted but my aunt is haunted.

Please tell me why this man is haunting my aunt?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, OjosDelAlma, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
Hi and thanks for sharring this interesting story with us. I believe that there were sometyhings that could have been explained in the story but I got to the point where I knew there was something paranormal about this one. Your Aunt for sure went through a lot! I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Dan (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-03)
Religion is always a good way to defeat demons and they've been known to attack people when they're asleep. On the other hand the human mind is very complex and because of the paranormal activities from your uncle she feels a lot more prone to paranormal attacks. This could be due to finally leaving your uncle after all those years and so she is not used to being alone. However as long as she is ok in reality the demon is at bay for now but the key ways to get rid of demons is religion and love. If your Aunt can find religion or already believes and has a strong sense of love her belief in Jesus will get rid of the demon. However until then make sure that she is careful as demons are horrible and unpredictible things and may have gotten past her dreams. So please make sure she takes care and that the loved ones around her like yourself also take care.

Thanks for sharing your story.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-03)
People can create their own demons. Their worries, guilts, insecurities can manifest. This is what this scenario sounds like to me but I have been known to be wrong so again it's just an observation.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-02)
Hello OjosDelAlma. First let me point out two things. One, I am not belittling your aunt's experiences and two, I am not an expert on these matters- this is just my opinion.
From what I can tell by your story the only thing paranormal was her visits from Uncle Joe. One seems to be sleep paralysis and the other a terrible nightmare. Both of these episodes would grate heavily on one's nerves. If she were my aunt I would provide her with as much companionship as possible. It is obvious that her greatest fear is being alone.

FRAWIN 😊
Shellie (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
It sounds like it did attach to her or a possesion of hers. Something like that happened to me and my son. It moved with us, and now over three years later, we have not fully gotten ride of it. Try smudging the house, and your aunt. Smudge in the name of the lord, tell it is not welcome, and it must leave. Making the sigh o the cross in anointing oil on someone's orhead and saying "I bleed the blood o Christ on you, no harm may come to you" this helps also.
If you are wondering who it is and what it wants, try putting out an audio recorder, and ask it what it wants. A tape recorder is a good tool to help it communicate.
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
Maybe the man liked torturing her and attached himself to her. I don't know if this is the right advise but your aunt might want to get herself blessed or have her ask for a priests help. But I do know that the man attatched himself to her. I hope she gets that problem fixed.

Katona1700s ❤
BeLiVe3368 (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
Well, tell your aunt to have her home blessed, with you. And to have someone who have experienced paranormal stuff or
Someone that can get rid of it. I'm not sure why its hunting your aunt, but it's defiant that its a demon. Make sure your aunt has Holy Water with her at all times and so should you. It might attack you too.

Please be careful,
BeLiVe3368
OjosDelAlma (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
Francois,

My Aunt has had other encounters, but she says they were only with my Uncle Joe, and this is the worst thing that she has encounters. I sometimes think its her conscience, She isn't really the best mother, and she does treat her daughter like trash sometimes, do you think this can lead to be haunted by something, could it be her conscience haunting her?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
It is possible it is not your aunt. There may be a peice of furniture, a small item, something that she has aquired that attrat or act as some typr of portal.

It also may be, you aunt simply needs to verbalize that "they" or "it" needs to leave, move on. She needs to verbalize this in the name of the Lord to rid her self of these occurances.

If this does not work within your beliefs, seak spiritual counsel in a form that does work.

God Bless!
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
Dear OjosDelAlma,

I am sorry to hear about your aunt's experiences and encounters for they are something hard to overcome. As much as I have read and re-read the story, I cannot find an explanation to the story and why your aunt was haunted. In order for me to give an explanation, I need more information on your aunt's paranormal past.

Putting the lack of information on your aunt's past aside, I can happily say the story was great; the paralyzing part gave me a good scare.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. I cannot wait to read your next post. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: