You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Haunted Lake

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Lake

 

My mother, sister and I recently went on a weekend trip to a private lake front cabin. For the most part it was a great trip. Although I didn't get much sleep at night. Both nights of our stay we heard several noises such as knocking, creaking, and footsteps in the loft and on the deck. I had a very unsettling feeling at night. I took several photos of the trip and was amazed when I uploaded them to my PC upon my return.

I am still trying to prove to myself that the images are no more than camera flaws or something. Trust me I don't want to believe that they are of actual ghosts. So anyone that sees them is more than welcome to tell me if they think that I'm making something out of nothing.

The owner of the cabin wrote an autobiography about his life. I read it while I was there.

He mentioned in the book about his cabins on the lake, and I was kind of freaked out to read that several people have chosen to spend the end of their lives at these cabins, and some have had their ashes spread out into the lake and on the property. Also they say that there ancient Indian dwellings on the property that you can find while hiking on the many trails. Kind of makes one wonder huh?

So anyone that sees the photos PLEASE tell me what your take is on them. After the first photo where I noticed a face in the sliding doors I decided to zoom in on some to see if I could see something more than what first appears. I swear I have not doctored any of the photographs. I took them with a digital camera. The flash was not used on the photos taken outside.

Haunted Lake 1
Haunted Lake 2
Haunted Lake 3
Haunted Lake 4
 
Haunted Lake 5
 

I think there is only one photo that was taken while inside the cabin and with the flash on. That is the one of the sliding doors. Please anyone help!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Believer1101, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

smileydelwen (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-24)
Well you may have thought it was a ghost, but I believe it was just the background moving, or the camera wasn't focused well enough. The first 4 pictures aren't really crystal clear, but blurry, I would like to see the pictures without the zoom effects... You can send it to delwen.bothma [at] gmail.com.

The last picture looks like a window reflection projected on the sliding glass door.

Good Luck with the future opportunites with spiritual or ghostly people.

Smiley
bludhunger (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-23)
well there was something definaltly there in picture 1 and 3 especially 3 that scared me ๐Ÿ˜ญ I hope nothing happens to you and its over

Jazzi
kelseyoakes (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
were you smoking when you took picture 5? Seems like your cigarette smoke floated to the front of the lense and disorientated the picture. Number 2 looks like a man walking across the foot path.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-04)
Weeelllll, I'll give you a one thumb up on the first pic. The rest I can't really see anything. That must be a beautiful location for those people to want to spend their last days there. I don't know where I'd want to. Most likely the first thought would be with family, but I wouldn't want to be a burden to them, on the other hand I wouldn't really relish the thought of being alone, even though dying is such a lonely buisness.
xAdiiBabyDoll16x (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
The only Pic I could see clearly was Pic 5, and to me it looks like it wouldv been an Indian, because I can see feathers and sort of an face
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
Number 5 looks like a Indian man because I can see him and his face. His body and at the back
Of him he's got hunting stuff and feathers stuff like Indians have.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
2nd one looks like a lady. The 5th one looks evil and in the others there's something there but there not really clear. When I see ghosts they are really clear. Thanks for sharing your pictures. I enjoyed looking at them. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-23)
Well, in the first, third one, and the last one, I could definitely see something, the third one to me looked like a face, and the last one I can't really explain. Thanks for the story and pictures. ๐Ÿ˜Š
rachelt (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
believer,
I hope to comfort you when I say that those pictures look like normal glares that you get on a bright day at the lake. I grew up on a lake and I can tell you, being around all the nature, the trees and lighting can play tricks on your eyes. Like, the last photo. It does look freaky at first, but then take a good look at it and you can see this is a glare of trees and sunlight. It is more destorted because of the glass, but so is that ladies head. I'm sure she doesn't actually have two heads, right. The rest of the pictures look the same. I'm not saying that you didn't experience the noises, but maybe you were just trying to look for something to explain them so you found what you wanted to see in the pictures. Nature can be tricky, there can be brightness on one part of a bush and shadow a couple of inches next to it and from far away that could look like a spirit, but when you get closer, you realize, it's just trees. I hope this helps you!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
You know, photographs taken of glass seem to show paranormal activity even if there is none present. As this is a log cabin, all of the sounds that you have described could honestly be discounted, as wood breathes. Even if the cabin is several hundred years old, there are times wood shifts and settles making a sound that resembles anything between a pop and footfalls. Wood decays, and gets eaten away by the elements, natural bugs and a variety of other things.
Photo's one and two I believe are just flux's. The contrast between light and shadows are just forming an optical illusion. An interesting one. But still an illusion.
Pictures three, four and five I really so not see anything in. They are interesting, please do not get me wrong, but three is a direct reflection of someones face that is just distorted in the glass. It is PERFECTLY distorted, suggesting that it is a human reflection, and nothing of the paranormal.
Four and five, sorry. You say that a flash was not used. That is perfectly fine. But this is a cabin at a lake. The water itself could be reflecting the sun off of it, creating a burst of light that could resemble the same type of flash that your camera could make. The fact that one of the photos have multiple circles of light in it could merely mean that the reflection was in a "bounce about" and gave off a repeated reflection. Much like if you were to set up a mirror facing a mirror and lit a match. The reflection of the flame would be continually repeated down to where the light is too small to be recorded on the mirror.

Fortunately, even seasoned ghost collectors have set backs, but they just keep on taking photo's. I suggest you do the same as it looks as if you have an eye for things out of the ordinary.
Thank you.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-11)
HI, What I think is that some of them are ghost and some are not. Like the little white dot. That could have be something you just didn't notices before. Like a statue. The one beside the white dot now I think that is real. It could have been a dog that use to live there.
GIRLIE ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜•
Not_scared_anymore (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-11)
Im sorry Believer... But I just don't see anything, that would make me believe its a ghost. You know sometimes if we look hard enough we see what we want to see.

Im not saying what you expiereced is not true, all I am saying is that I don't think those are ghosts in your pictures.

Great story non the less โค
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-10)
Dear Believer1101,

I have to say what you saw was an excellent example of a residual haunting. A repeat of one's life through an apparition of some sort, harmless most of the time. Nothing to worry about at all, you were safe. We all know there is life after death and I guess some of us just want to stay behind.

Who knows, aside from a residual haunting, it could be a intelligent haunting. The pictures are very debatable in quality and authenticity, but I don't want to join that debate so I am only going to say some look real and some don't.

As for this experience of yours, you are at good hands for it seems these spirits just wander around in a benevolent manner.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois ๐Ÿ˜
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-10)
"Wow! I must say, I didn't expect almost everyone to agree that they may have actually been ghosts..."
- Believer1101

Trust me, Believer when I say that you could post just about any blurred picture you've ever taken, circle any random spot and state that you see a face and you would have most people on this site believe you.

I actually had a couple of people believing that a picture I drew in microsoft paint was an actual photo of a ghost even when I specifically stated it was only a drawing. It's on my front page if you would like to see my skill at drawing black blobs.

Now I don't mean to offend anyone and I don't presume that I have. However, if anyone is offended I would like to appologise for your pride and kindly ask you to stow it.

When it comes to blurry photos, people see quite literally whatever they want to see. So in a community full of ghost enthusiasts it is only natural that most people see ghosts.

From a more skeptical perspective I would say that photos 1, 3 and 4 were just blurrs.

Photo 2 (also incredibly blurred) is simply a darker patch in the foliage, possibly a gap between two bushes.

Photo 5 is interesting. What exactly were the circumstances involved when you took the photo? It looks to me like fog or sunlight shining on the camera.

Either way the photo has somehow overlapped. You may have moved the camera when you took the photo.

It's likely that the odd shape you circled is just an effect caused by the fog/sunlight and the overlapping of the photo.

To suggest it is evidence of something supernatural would be to go out on a somewhat large wing.

So no, I don't think you have caught any ghosts. Funnily enough that seems to be exactly what you want to hear. ๐Ÿ˜

Thanks for posting.
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-10)
Only in picture 2,theres a black hooded figure, all the others are boring, but I'm still curios about picture 2.
Kisho (2 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-09)
Honestly, 2's the only one that I see anything in. The big shadow figure? Yeah, kind of hard to ignore. As for light and shadow patterns reflecting on windows or whatever, that if you look at them with the intent of trying to find something that vaguely looks somewhat similar to a face, you can somewhat see something that may be a nose? That fall out of my range of belief. I've seen faces in so many towels, or floor tiles, spackled roofs, etc. That I have a hard time finding them suspicious at all. Human mind finds patterns by it's very nature.
Believer1101 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-09)
I just want to thank everyone for reading and commenting on my story. Wow! I must say, I didn't expect almost everyone to agree that they may have actually been ghosts. What is crazy is that my mother and sister want us go back there every year. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ I loved the lake. However, I'm not sure if I can handle another night of freaking out until 4:30 a.m. Anyway, I have really enjoyed reading all the comments. ~Tonya
sammie (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-09)
i see some faces. And one I see a black shape floating. I don't think your makeing nothing out of anything.
Spartan070 (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
3 is real I would bet my life on it. I have a picture verrry similar in my camera. 2 and 4 are real, its too hard for me to distinguish what 1 is, and 5 is creepy but I don't know what's goin on?!?!?!?!?!?
Karyn (1 stories) (63 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
I found some of the images hard to see anything at all. However, as KimSouthO said pics. 3 and5 are truly convincing! Great job. ๐Ÿ˜Š
glassmoon (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
3 is rather impressive. I don't really see what's there in five. It just looks like a play of the light to me. The rest, nothing.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
Okay... Pictures 3 and 5...well if I was not already a believer, these would have turned the corner for me!

A place with such a vast array of past experiences, seems as though some of the experiences have left their imprint on time.

God Bless!
VidzDark (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
Nice photo...
But...you shouldn't afraid about it...
Because if you didn't disturb the ghost... You will not being disturbed by the ghost...
Ryo (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
Wow! What a great picture!, but you're lucky you wasn't there pose with the ghost, coz, the experience from my friends, that's if the ghost is in the picture posing with you, you're going to sick for long time or even you can dead...! I'm not trying to freaking you out, but that's true...
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
Wow nice photos! I like number two and five. In the otherts I couldn't see anything much but two and five are very creepy. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
Hello Believer1101. Pictures three and five are the ones that impressed me. Pictures one, two and four had too much foliage in them- you can pick faces out of any pictures that has trees, clouds and what have you, pictures like that are too easily explained away. Pictures like #3 and #5 are a lot harder to explain- you just might have captured something in those.
Thank you for sharing your story and pictures with us, they are very interesting. Take Care.

FRAWIN ๐Ÿ˜Š
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
Well Believer, you made a believer out of me! These photos are unbelievable, wow! I see a woman standing at the end of the cabin; a ghostly apparition of what might be a woman with her head turned in the trees (black form); and what appear to be faces in the windows. Holy mackeral. I sense that this place may be haunted. The pictures of the trees is pretty creepy to me because I see a dark form walking with kind of a hunched back, long arms and a very old looking face with its head turned to the right. It is as though it is hunting something or looking for something. A stern looking face. Very tall with big feet. That's what I see. The one face in the window appears to almost look the same as the face on this dark form. This is what I see and thanks for the great pictures. Take care of yourself and I will enjoy reading what others have to say. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
Hi all, pictures are up, sorry the story was published by an editor faster than I could manage to add them to the story, hence the delay.
Believer1101 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
If you are unable to view them on here. And would still like to see them please e-mail me and I will be happy to send them to you. My e-mail addy is listed on my profile. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Believer1101 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
Hi all I am not sure why the photos were not posted. I sent them like they instructed. Not sure how to get them on another way. Anyone know? ๐Ÿ˜ข

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: