You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Late Night Touch

Real Ghost Stories

Late Night Touch

 

This happened just recently...

I decided to stay up late one night because I had to transfer some video and music files into my friend's USB flash drive. It was right about 2:39 in the morning and I was getting really drowsy, so I thought of just sleeping for a few minutes. I set my alarm for exactly about 2:45 am.

I didn't want to wake up exactly 3am because I somewhat believe that 3am is the witching hour. Back to my story. I set my alarm for 2:45am. Take note, I wasn't alone in the room. My brother and I sleep in a bunk bed and he was already asleep since 10pm and I sleep in the top bunk. So, I went up and the moment I laid down, I slowly fell asleep.

Suddenly, something cold held my hand and I woke up at that instant. I noticed that I fully covered myself with my blanket and I just knew there couldn't have been a draft. I wasn't actually afraid but since I'm awake now, I just thought I could go back to what I was doing. I looked at my clock and it read 2:43am, I was relieved because it wasn't 3am yet so I continued the file transfer. I reset my clock for 2:55am again because there was still a lot to transfer and I thought of sleeping for just a few minutes again before resuming.

At about 2:50am, I was feeling sleepy again and went up my top bunk and lay down and slowly fell asleep and all of a sudden, something cold touched my right foot, I awoke and looked under my blanket. I was sure this time that a draft couldn't have passed by because I tucked myself in quite tight.

After that, I left the computer on, hid under my blanket and waited until morning came.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BloodFest, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
wow, I would love to hear an end of that story, like a carry on, that is very freaky, and I did not know that 3am is the witching hour, and I agree it could have been just a dream... Sorry! 😁
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
Wow, I really hesitate to post this comment, but...
The main content of this story is about a "fear" that you have about the three O'Clock hour. You set the alarm fifteen minutes before the hour. When you woke you were extremely relieved it was not three. You RESET your alarm for five minutes BEFORE three.
I really hate to say it, but I feel that in your wanting to avoid the three O'Clock hour (I am just curious, "I somewhat believe that 3am is the witching hour..." Would that make if SAFER for you to be awake at three, or to sleep past the 3:00 moment, to awake AFTER that click?) your mind manifested cold spots of the things you thought MIGHT occur if getting up at three.
Or subconsciously, you truly did not want to awake your brother. And neither did anyone else.
Thank you.
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-10)
I agree with Emma and KimSouth. Dreams and reality do sometimes feel as if they overlap into one another.

Infact they do during the state of mind called 'active sleep' which is somewhere between awake and asleep.

Nothing you describe in your story suggests anything out of the ordinary.
Linkrules2008 (20 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
I agree with TwistedWispersNeko and CuriousDave I think maybe it was someone that loves you trying to help you maybe wake up before 3:00 because it was the witching hour and you didn't want to be awake. That's an interesting story. Did you have any relatives that died in your lifetime?
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
Thanks for sharring this story with us. I believe tha Kimo is on the right track. The mind can play some nasty pranks on us when we are tired and stressed out. But indeed it was a great story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
Hi BloodFest. Personally I wouldn't have wasted my time setting the alarm and climbing up the ladder to the top bunk for just 5 or 6 minutes of sleep. Have you thought that maybe the spirit/ghost was waking up you before the alarm went off because it didn't want you or the alarm to wake up your brother.
Thank you for sharing your story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
I am afraid I have to go with Emma on this one.

When we are that tired where we can;t wait for even a few moments of sleep. Many things can and do become distroted.

If you have any future or other occurances, I would certainly pay attention to those and see what happens from here.

God Bless!
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
Seems like you were very exhausted and it sounds to me like perhaps you began dreaming as soon as you nodded off. If this has never happened to you before and it only happened once and when it did happen you were really really tired, I think you should take that into consideration. It doesn't sound paranormal to me. Moreover, you might have thought you were slowly falling asleep when perhaps you had already begun dreaming and the touces you felt were part of the dream. I once was very tired myself, laid down, looked at the clock and it felt as I had only shut my eyes for few seconds. I woke up to find it was two hours later.
CuriousDave (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
I agree with TwistedWispersNeko. What ever it is that touched you doesn't seem harmful. Maybe it's just seeking attention. Thank you for your story and keep us posted if anything new happens.
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
Sounds kind of like a playful entity if it kept waking you after a few minutes of sleep. That or it was trying to help you stay up for the file transfer. I don't think I would have gone back to sleep after that either though.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: