You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Kind Gesture

Real Ghost Stories

A Kind Gesture

 

My best friend Payton visited for the summer and spent about a month at my house. She left today, and since I have nothing else to do and since I've been meaning to get around to it I decided I'd post a few stories tonight.

This story happened a few weeks ago when we were both trying to fall asleep. We both lay in bed talking for a while, and after some time we both started falling asleep. Sometimes when I try to fall asleep, I hear people talk. They never talk to me, but they talk amongst themselves. Half the time I only understand what they say while they say it, but when I come to realize that someone is talking, I don't remember what they say because it automatically stops.

But that night, it wasn't people that I heard talking, but the clanking of metal, and chains banging against each other. I immediately sat up and woke Payton and told her what I heard. I never really get scared when I hear people talk, but that night for what ever reason those noises seemed threatening.

Payton told me there was nothing to be afraid of, having experiencing worse things herself, so I tried to fall back asleep. Just as I was almost asleep I felt a really warm hand wrap around my left hand. It stayed there for a moment then let go. It left warmth radiating from my hand. When it let go, I could feel a kind and warm presence floating above me, as if protecting me.

Needless to say, I slept really well that night, knowing someone was watching out for me.

Other hauntings by DollyDagger

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DollyDagger, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DollyDagger (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-09)
Youre welcome lol, I don't come on much anymore, so it might take a while sometimes
Miss_Violet (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-04)
It sounds like your Guardian to me, it's definitely someone who cares for you ^^! Must be a wonderful feeling to you 😊 And you're welcome! ^^ I loved reading about such a sweet spirit ^^! Thank you for responding to me 😊
DollyDagger (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-03)
I felt it a couple times in when I was in Corsica in February, Miss_Violet. And I felt it at my dad's new house at the end of last year a bit too. I'm pretty sure it follows me around and is not only at one house.
Thanks for reading:)
Miss_Violet (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
Warming your hand and floating above you to protect you really sounds like a Guardian to me ^^ Have you felt that presence recently?
DollyDagger (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-07)
Yeah, I figured it was some sort of presence like that, or just someone watching over me. The thing is, is that for the past two years I've had nightmares non-stop (which really deprives me of sleep) and, well, it feels weird to say but maybe they knew, and wanted me to get a good night's sleep?
ghostreader1000 (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
Hi my name is Mike I am a medium I see spirits quite a few times. I have talked to some of them. Seems like to me that it was a mother who had passed away in that house years before you all moved in do some research on the house try to find out who owned it before. I feel that it was a mother or grandmother making you feel at ease and at peace so you could get some good rest. It never seemed to want to hurt you. Just sounds like a mother or grandmother's love God Bless
DollyDagger (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-16)
Thanks for reading, Dreamergal!
Yeah, I definitely got a good vibe from that spirit, but just like the "ghost child" I haven't felt it around lately. Well I've only been to my mom's house a few times since the occurance, but who knows, it could still be there!
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-16)
Wow sound like a sweet spirt trying to warm up to you to get you to sleep as calm as you can I like that.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: