You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Evp At Our Local Cemetery

Real Ghost Stories

Evp At Our Local Cemetery

 

I have to admit that I have always been a huge fan of the supernatural and watch my favorite TV show "TAPPS" AKA Ghost Hunters yet have never had my own experience until yesterday. First off I never truly believed in ghosts no matter how bad I wanted to.

I always thought that if I can't hear or see them then they are not real and the ghosts on TV are camera tricks just to make a good show. However! Yesterday, my girlfriend wanted to take my 5 year old son and me to a cemetery to visit her brother who had passed away at the age of 4. Another child around the same age held him under water for too long causing him to drown. I decided that going to the cemetery would be a great opportunity to test this whole EVP thing. I took along with us a Sony hand held mini cassette recorder and an 8.1 mega pixel digital camera.

When we got there I simply pressed record and went about our visit to her brother's tomb stone talking normal to each other and so on. My son was running in the grass behind us and accidentally tripped ware the grass meets the pavement. I turned and ran to him asking if he was okay.

My son replied "yes" and I then told him that he needs to be more careful. I dusted the grass off his knees and let him continue to play in the grass and went back to my visit.

Along the way back to the brothers tomb stone I came across a nice tomb stone that had the name Olga carved in it. I decided to ask the big question and felt like an idiot, I asked, "Is there anyone here with me who would like to have their voice herd?" "Tell me your name"

I herd nothing and walked away.

Well later that day when we got home I hooked my big headphones up to my recorder and sat in total silence listening to all the sounds I recorded. I heard 2 voices! It brought tears to my eyes the second I heard the first one.

When my son fell I asked my son if he was okay, just as I asked that question I can hear a young voice say the words "Don't crash" in a whisper. Then my son began to talk. Then I said you need to be more careful, just as I said that I heard the word "Okay" and then my son began to talk again. I freaked out when I heard that and had to get up and think about what I was hearing.

I decided to listen to the rest of the tape. When I came across the tomb stone that had the name Olga on it and asked if there was anyone here with me and tell me your name, NO KIDDING! I heard in a very faint voice say the words "My name is Olga" however it kind of sounds like Rhonda to me. My girlfriend said that she seen a tomb stone with the name Rhonda near the spot we were at. So its either Olga or Rhonda that I herd.

I will be honest; I could not sleep last night after hearing the voices. I wanted to go back to the cemetery really bad and get more.

But now I do know how real spirits are and how they can interact with the living if you go about it the right way. It's going to take me a long time to get over this. I'm not scared of what I heard however I feel uneasy and feel as though I have no privacy. I will try and figure a way of getting it posted on here. I'm new at this so it will take some time. Have a great day everyone.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Markoflasvegas, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

daughterofdarkness1234 (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-08)
That's really freaky. And interesting. What cemetery was this? What city? I live in Nevada, and am just wondering, because I live right behind the hill that leads down to Lone Mountain Cemetery in Carson.
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Wow. That is interesting. I would love to hear that! I do believe in ghosts, but there are times that I wonder if it really is all real. I mean, the experiences I've had were scary, but still, sometimes I just wonder if I'm crazy. I think a lot of people feel that way sometimes.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
I think that everyone some point in life stops believing that there is something more then life. But Once they get some proof it makes life a lot easier. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
babybis (8 posts)
-2
16 years ago (2008-08-17)
it sounds awkward when you say Sony recorder, it sounds as if you want to show off,?
Ne way, freaky story 😉

Aries
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-17)
Hi Marko and thanks for sharing your experience with us. I assume that your concept of life in general has changed quite dramatically since your visit to the cemetary! I know how intriguing it can be to suddenly get a glimpse of the existence of another realm but be careful not to get carried away. Not everyone on the other side is a child or good willed.

I'll be looking forward to hearing your EVP.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-16)
Hi Markoflasvegas. Thank you for sharing your story with us, I enjoyed it very much. There is nothing quite like the feeling you get when you get proof that you're never truly alone. Good luck in your future ghost hunts. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-16)
Hi You could use camera and recorder of course and you can see like maybe a orb or other kind hard to explain what I am try to say so yeah my own family don't believe spirts/ghosts either but I am only one believe and I saw my own ghost it a cat and I hope your little boy is okay:) alright and just taken your time with that spirt kid just talk to him like if he was a person as in alife.
key2theafterlife (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-15)
Wow... Um that is uber freaky... 😨 😨 hope you find out more if you can't get the fotage on here than put it on youtube

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: