You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: New Country, New House, New... Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

New Country, New House, New... Ghost?

 

I recently moved from California to France for the second half of my junior year of high school. I'm staying with my dad's best friend from high school and her family (all who I've known since I was a baby).

I've been here for over two months now and I guess I've been putting off writing this story until now just because I've been procrastinating. This happened the first week (well technically the third week because I stayed in Corsica with my dad's family for two weeks before going to Paris to stay with his friend) I was at my dad's friend's house.

The first week I was here, I was on the computer talking to my best friend in Ireland (who's spending the second half of his junior year there too) at about 3am because I was bored and was still on jet lag.

Earlier in the night I made some pasta and eggs (German dish, comfort food, don't ask.) and I realized that I needed to put my plate away before it got any later so that I wouldn't wake anyone up. So I told my friend to hold on and walked with my plate down the hall towards the kitchen. Now, the thing you should know about the apartment is that there's a hallway right next to the kitchen / dining / family room in such a way that you can be standing in the hallway and see part of the kitchen without being seen from the kitchen.

As I was walking down the hallway I started getting this really weird feeling and right when I got to the end of the hallway (where I still can't be seen from the kitchen) I heard someone say (in French), "What are you doing?" But what was really weird was that they used the formal version instead of informal, and that no one could've known I was there since I was making no noise and could not be seen. What was worse was that it didn't sound like any of the people that lived in the house. I knew for a fact that their daughter was asleep in her room (which is next to mine) because she had work the next day and that the husband was asleep too for the same reason. But sometimes my dad's friend, let's call her Liz, stays awake until really late watching TV on the couch, but the voice was not hers, and she definitely wouldn't have used formal French because she never had before with me.

Unfortunately I decided to ignore it and keep walking when I heard the voice say again, "What are you doing?" I realized that the question was said in such a way that it's owner sounded defensive and a bit protective, but not threatening. When I turned the corner into the dark kitchen I saw a silhouette of someone sitting on the couch that I KNOW was not Liz, her husband, or their daughter. I stupidly kept walking through the room to the dishwasher where I put my plate away. As I walked back across the room I still saw the silhouette sitting there on the couch out of my peripheral vision since I was too sketched too actually look, but when I walked away from the room back into the hallway I could tell they were watching me, but I didn't look over my shoulder to see.

I ran back to my room, closed the door, and well needless to say, I stayed on the computer talking with my friend for a long time instead of going to sleep. I was so hoping to have gotten away from ghosts and disembodied voices while I stayed here because I deal with it so much back home, but apparently this is not something you can so easily get away from.

Other hauntings by DollyDagger

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DollyDagger, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sxyhwnsrfr (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-10)
Aloha DollyGagger, I have honestly jus came across this site and yours was the first regarding orb photos and videos. I have seen some of the comments of skeptics regarding orbs and disclaim due to dust reflections of light or smoke creates illusions or what not. What most people do not understand is orbs, spirits, entities and interdimensional beings actually use light and heat or other energy sources to manifest, move and be seen in the third dimension that we exist in. Especially most spirit orbs and souls we see. Sprit orbs or souls are mostly newly departed from their physical bodies. They await re-birth or jus lost from a lack of their own growth and spirituality to move on. They are limited as they no longer have a physical body they once had. And the abiity to be seen or communicate is diffiult. I see a few things I see here in hawaii in that photo. I'm pretty sure I know what they are. Good photos. Mahalo:) 🤔 🤔 🤔
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
ghostes are always around people. Always are and always will be. Simple can't rid of them
chibi_ninja_kitsune (5 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
That's... Weird. It's a very strange story, but it's creepy, too! I'm kind of doing what you were doing in the story right now - staying online even though it's real late! The time in New Zealand is 12:26 am right now, but it's a Friday (well, it was 27 minutes ago, anyway! Lol) , so it's OK. 😁
DollyDagger (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
Thanks Zach, and yeah well I can't exactly do that here without them thinking I'm more crazy than they already think I am hahaha. But I know EVP work will definitely be done at the Melodia House when I get back home. That should be great
MrZach (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
Hey there Dolly Dagger! X] I forgot how creepy this story was. Well, you know my opinion: EVP work! 😜

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: