You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Knocking On Door And Wall

Real Ghost Stories

Knocking On Door And Wall

 

My mom and I moved into this new house July 9, 2008. My mom told me about 2 weeks ago she heard 2 distinctive knocks on our front door about 6AM. She thought it was me but then realized I was in bed. She listened but heard nothing more.

The odd thing is our screen door is very loud and can be heard all through the house. She said the screen door never made a sound, but the knocking clearly came from the door.

Last night, I was up very late on the computer well after midnight. I finally got undressed, climbed into bed, put my head on the pillow and no more than 10 seconds later, heard two loud knocks on the wall above my head. I listened but heard nothing more. It was very creepy but I ignored it.

Then this morning, I was in bed and my cell phone alarm clock went off at 7AM. I turn the snooze button on over and over until 7:30 to help wake me up. At about 7:15, I was wide awake just lying comfortably in bed relaxing and I heard 2 loud knocks on my bedroom door! I yelled "What?" because I thought it was my mom making sure I was getting up.

Silence. Then I remembered my mom leaves for work well before 7AM! Nobody was in the house but me. I heard nothing again but the knocks were very real. They weren't scary or creepy sounding at all, that's the thing. They sounded exactly like what knocking on a door sounds like. I told my mom this and she said she heard the 2 knocks last night on the wall but thought it was me.

The knocks are very clear and quick. After telling my mom this, entire she said that the knocks she heard 2 weeks ago possibly could have been coming from my bedroom door, not the front door but she's not sure.

My mom suggested maybe it's a friendly spirit saying good-night and telling me to get up for school because of the odd times they've occurred.

I'm somewhat frightened and just want to know what people think. Any advice I would appreciate. Our house is new and makes very little noise; we know it's not the air conditioner or water heater. Our old house we lived in for 7 years made noises now and then but nothing ever like this. This is not normal house sounds.

If anyone knows what's going on, please leave a comment. Three different times now my mom and/or I have heard 2 clear knocks on the front door, my wall, and my bedroom door.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Whiskeyrock, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

krisssusan (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-25)
Also, I forgot to add that sometimes I have heard door bells ringing and no one is there... My husband use ot think I was crazy, but I am not. I have many other stories but just to ease your mind, I have found that it isn't necessarily bad...
krisssusan (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-25)
I have this happen all of the time... Three knocks are usually an omen of something that is going to happen. My family all on my dads side have had this happen all our lives, its just something I have learned to deal with, a gift perhaps... If you view it that way.
jg5821 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-28)
Hi, Whiskeyrock,

What you experienced has happened to me several times over the past three decades. I would say that there are two possibilities.

You might be being visited by a deceased human spirit who wants to communicate a message to you. If that is the case, I would suggest that you ask the spirit to tell you what they want to tell you or stop bothering you. You can say this aloud. What usually happens is that you will get some message from the other side or the strange happenings will simply stop.

The second possibility is that you are being visited by an evil spirit, not human. In this case, the evil spirit might continue bothering you, and nothing you say or do will make it stop. You might need an exorcist to get rid of it.

Good luck.
Viceffendi (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-31)
Hello friends,
I moved this house in 2001, on and off I heard knocking on the walls and knocking on the wooden floor. However lately something odd is happening to me. Every time I lay down to go to sleep, my leg muscles twitch like someone is poking them. I also feel a brush against my leg hair. When I sleep elsewhere I do not twitch. Also, lately there has been knocking between 12am-3am EVERYDAY to the point where I can't sleep anymore and it is affecting my work 😭
StacyKY (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-12)
My brother passed away 4 months ago in a very tragic car accident, he was badly injured and was air lifted to the hospital, where he passed away. He had been staying at my house quite a bit and was actually planning on moving in a few days before the accident. I had just moved back to the area two years ago and was really getting to know my brother again. He had been facing some serious personal challenges in his life. I have already had some paranormal activity in the house and my roommate just shared this with me tonight:

She told me that for the past 6 nights, almost every night, she hears a loud, rhythmic knocking on the wall - and always wakes her up around 3:00am. She said it sounds like someone knocking hard on the wall and lasts for a minute or less, then it stops. There is nothing in this house that would make those sounds - nor has it happened since we've been here for a year. We live in a 1 1/2 story house and her master is on the first floor, but one of her walls vaults all the way up and forms one side of my bedroom wall upstairs. She says that's exactly where the sound is coming from - at the very top, where the wall to my room meets hers. After so many nights of it happening, she said that she got up a few nights ago and looked around the house to see where the sound was coming from. She then walked upstairs because she thought I might be up making the noise. I keep my bedroom door open, and she said my dog (who used to be his dog) and I were both sound asleep.

After she told me this, we both looked at each other with wide eyes, both thinking the exact same think. This is my brother! I tend to sleep more deeply. However, I think I have heard the noise she's described, but I thought I was dreaming. By the way, he stayed in the second bedroom upstairs and I thought one night that I heard the distinct sound of foot steps in the room he stayed in.

I was also very struck by what my mom dreamed a few weeks ago. When my brother sat on the edge of her bed and said, "I keep trying to reach her but can't get through. She thinks I'm dead. Please tell her I'm very much alive, she just can't see me." The emotion I've felt this week is very strong and I wonder if that's why he's trying to get through to me but can't. So this is his way of trying to reach or communicate with me? I know spiritually, anything is possible. I'm going to talk to him tonight before I go to bed.

I would love to hear anyone who has had similar experiences. You hear so many things about what this means: opening portals, etc. I want to know a healthy way I can communicate with him.
StacyKY (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-12)
My brother passed away 4 months ago in a very tragic car accident, he was badly injured and was air lifted to the hospital, where he passed away. He had been staying at my house quite a bit and was actually planning on moving in a few days before the accident. I had just moved back to the area two years ago and was really getting to know my brother again. He had been facing some serious personal challenges in his life. I have already had some paranormal activity in the house and my roommate just shared this with me tonight:

She told me that for the past 6 nights, almost every night, she hears a loud, rhythmic knocking on the wall - and always wakes her up around 3:00am. She said it sounds like someone knocking hard on the wall and lasts for a minute or less, then it stops. There is nothing in this house that would make those sounds - nor has it happened since we've been here for a year. We live in a 1 1/2 story house and her master is on the first floor, but one of her walls vaults all the way up and forms one side of my bedroom wall upstairs. She says that's exactly where the sound is coming from - at the very top, where the wall to my room meets hers. After so many nights of it happening, she said that she got up a few nights ago and looked around the house to see where the sound was coming from. She then walked upstairs because she thought I might be up making the noise. I keep my bedroom door open, and she said my dog (who used to be his dog) and I were both sound asleep.

After she told me this, we both looked at each other with wide eyes, both thinking the exact same think. This is my brother! I tend to sleep more deeply. However, I think I have heard the noise she's described, but I thought I was dreaming. By the way, he stayed in the second bedroom upstairs and I thought one night that I heard the distinct sound of foot steps in the room he stayed in.

I was also very struck by what my mom dreamed a few weeks ago. When Troy sat on the edge of her bed and said, "I keep trying to reach her but can't get through. She thinks I'm dead. Please tell her I'm very much alive, she just can't see me." The emotion I've felt this week is very strong and I wonder if that's why he's trying to get through to me but can't. So this is his way of trying to reach or communicate with me? I know spiritually, anything is possible. I'm going to talk to him tonight before I go to bed.

I would love to hear anyone who has had similar experiences. You hear so many things about what this means: opening portals, etc. I want to know a healthy way I can communicate with him.
Rafaelita (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
I was very interested in Whiskeyrocks story. I have been experiencing knocking on the door in two countries. I lived for 30 years in Spain and it began there about 9 years ago. Now I am living in Australia for the last year and again the knocking has started. It is usually in the earlyhours of the morning but yesterday it occurred on my bedroom door as I was taking a 'siesta' It is 2 or 3 knocks and so real that in Spain I was rushing to the door to see if anyone was there. I have also done that here. I was relieved to read of others experiences as just didn't understand this at all. Ihardly ever dream, so couldn't see any connection. Well now I will be more aware. Thank you whiskeyrock. From: Rafaelita.
SolGabrien (2 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-05)
I've been trying to find out more about this phenomenon - only this morning I was woken at 6am by loud knocking on an internal door - it even made my cat jump. I've been experiencing this for 8 years in two different houses! Sometimes it's on a wall by my head, sometimes a door - but always at 6am. One friend suggested that it was the sound of pipes - but that doesn't explain how it could be the same in two houses. From what little information I've found on the internet - it seems that the people who have reported similar experiences all say that it happens between 5-7am. In my old house I used to wake up to the sound of someone hammering loudly on the front door - I would race to the window to see who it was - but of course there was never anyone there. I've always had "weird" experiences from an early age - and grew up in a 400 year old house riddled with ghosts and a poltergeist (too many stories to recount) but am a rational person who has studied psychology so am always looking for logical answers. I'd love to hear from other people who have experienced the knocking as I think it deserves some proper research - so please email me!
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
What Rhodes said is pretty important. Take time to investigate before thinking solely on the paranormal. Some of the strangest things have sounded distinctly like other noises when heard by themselves.
Knocking is how some beings let you know they are around, however, but sometimes they leave after the acknowledgment.
Thank you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Hi Whiskeyrock and thanks for submitting your experience.It's a bit too hasty to jump to conclusions just yet since you need to check whether there's a logical explanation for the knockings. Since they happen at around the same time every day, have somebody take a look at it. If there's no logical explanation then start considering a more paranormal approach to your encounters. I'm really impressed by your mom's reaction to the knockings and how familiarised and accepting she is of the other dimension. She sounds like a very open minded lady. Lucky you!
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Hi whiskey. It does sound like you have a ghost/spirit. Just a thought but has anybody recently passed on in your family close friends recently? Sometimes they come back like this in a playful way. It has happened to me. If not, and you want it to leave, do as hbdave says. It sounds logical. Thanks for sharing your story and hope to read more from you. Take care of yourself, Jude 😊
Jay_Sarah (1 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
I don't mean to scare you but in my family hearing two clear knocks is a bad thing. I have only heard it once in my life and hope I never have to again. For some reason in my family when we heard two knocks within a month someone that person knew would pass away. In my case I herd it before my grandfather passed away. Just out of curiosity did anyone you know pass away?
BeLiVe3368 (17 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-23)
Just ask nicely but at the same time strict to please go away, cause you have to show respect to ghosts. Don't say "Get you freak!" or anything like that cause you could upset. (which is a bad thing 😢) Tell me if it works!

Good Luck,
BeLiVe3368😁
hbdave (1 stories) (18 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
I have heard that knocking on doors is a way for evil spirits to enter your house and/or life. You and your mom have control over the house and not any spirit. In case this is the fact, do not say at anytime you hear the knocks "come in" because you invite it in. If you don't want it in your house, say in a loud, commanding voice to get out and never return, stating your claim over that house. If this does not work, (because I am not a professional by any means) seek "professional" help.

Good luck.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
I like your story, it seems like someone is wanting ya'll to know they are there. Do you know if anything has happened there? I would ask someone that has lived around that area for a long time if they know if anything happened in that place.

Thanks for sharing 😊
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Wow I truley enjoyed your story thanks for taking the time to post it. I have had a similar experience but mines was with a lock and I would always hear noises at 4 am. It sounds to me like a youve got a presence/ghost there. You should find out if anyone passed away there. I really don't know much but I'm sure someone else will post better advise.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: