You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Ghost That Follows Me Around?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost That Follows Me Around?

 

However, upon investigating literally moments later there was no one upstairs. A little spooked, I went downstairs and spoke to my Mum about it. It was then she told me that there were a few incidences since I'd left home. She would often see a figure leaning over our stair banister watching her whilst she worked in the kitchen. She also mentioned that a little baby girl had died in my bedroom when the house was built years ago in 1923, and she would hear the baby's pram. All these incidences at my parents only happened when I visited.

After I had moved out to several places here and there, I went to live in a place called Luton when I was 24 as a tenant in a small two bedroom house. My bedroom there was incredibly small but it reminded me of home. One night, I was all alone in the house and asleep in my bed (I'm a very light sleeper and I wake up from the slightest noises sometimes) and I heard my bedroom door open and then I felt some sort of pressure next to me, like something was sitting beside me near the top of my bed.

I woke up and noticed my bedroom door was wide open and the lights were on in the landing. I also heard running water coming from the bathroom. I didn't think much of it as I thought it was my house mate so I got up and looked into the bathroom, both sinks taps were running. I turned them off and noticed that there were lights on downstairs so I wandered down there, had a look around but no one was there. I turned off all the lights and checked my house mate's bedroom but he wasn't there.

I was quite freaked out by now but nothing prepared me for what happened the following night. I heard some sort of growling noise in the middle of the night which woke me up and remember it being very cold. I couldn't open my eyes and it felt as if I was pinned to my bed. I had to fight to move my arms or legs and eventually I managed to move my after a massive jolt of my body. This scared me so much to the point I packed my things up and left as soon as I could.

I had no incidences since that day until I visited my parents for the summer holidays this year, 2 years later. The other day, I found myself very restless and unable to sleep. At one point I must have drifted off and I was lying on my side. Once again I heard the growl but this time felt something creeping on the other side of my pillow. I was unable to move again but I told myself that I had to move and roll over no matter how scared I was, which eventually I did. I didn't want to go back to sleep afterwards. I've not had any further experiences since I've been here.

To me, this sounds like a very sinister ghost and I'm not sure why it seems to attach itself to me. It doesn't sound very friendly at all and I'm just scared to go to sleep sometimes. During the times when I've been asleep, I'm not sure whether I am actually completely awake and whether this is part of a dream but it feels very real.

I've had dreams where you think they're real before but nothing like this. If they are dreams then I don't want to have them anymore and if they're not then I'd rather not experience this again. I hope someone can help or give some advice on what's going on. I've told this to a few people before but no one really believes me. Thanks for your time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lolly, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
I am with Rhodes on this one, lolly. It is hard to tell if it is progressing or regressing.
Thank you.
ariana1424 (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Look up "hallucinatory sleep paralysis" online. It's a sleep disorder that I have and can be quite frightening. It sounds like you may be experiencing the same thing. Basically, you're in a stage of sleep but you're aware of your surroundings. Visual and auditory hallucinations are common and you can't move or speak without great effort. Once you are finally able to make a sound or move, you immediately "wake up..."
As for the running faucets, lights turning on of their own accord, and the entity your mother sees on the staircase... That's just creepy.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Hi lolly and thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

I'm a little confused as to the order of the events as depicted in your paragraphs. Is the first paragraph related to the visit at your parents home? Which event took place first-the presence at your parental home or the ones at your own place? The reason I'm asking is because I'm trying to determine if there's a progression or regression of events, if the energies at the two houses are anyway related or independent and finally if it's a haunting connected to a place rather than a person.

Could you clarify that please?
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Hi lolly. It sounds pretty scary to me. I can't offer you any help with what to do. The 3 things I know are to maybe try praying, I don't know what religion you are but this offers comfort, or have the house blessed and of course try sea salt. But like Brownie said, there are people on this site that can. They have helped me out. I hope you find peace at some time because it sounds like it is following you. Thank you for sharing your story with us lolly and hope to hear more. Jude ❤
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-23)
Hi lolly,
It sounds like you've been through a great deal. If I may offer a possible explanation to some of what you have experienced; have you read the stories and articles on sleep paralysis here? They may be able to help shed some light on some of the experiences you've had. I hope this helps. God bless.
Laura (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-23)
Ah, that's quite scary and complicated. Maybe you could try to place a little 'border' of salt by the door of your room, so the evil thing can't enter your room again. You could place a circle of salt around your bed too, if that makes you feel safer. I've read several times that this helps people. (:
Of course this doesn't make the spirit leave your house. I'm not sure if I could give you the right advice, but maybe -as momma78 already said- you should go see someone who could help you further with this? Take care! Xx
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
I'm not sure what to say, but I do know if it something that keeps following you I would definitely do some asking, or there are people on here that might be able to help you with this, I know it must be scary for you. Thanks for the story hope you can find someone that will be able to help you out. Don't think you can't talk to us about something, because we all have experienced things and this is a place that is good for your type of story. Again thanks for your story. Please post more. 😊
momma78 (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
I'm not intentionally trying to scare you with this, but maybe you should go see a spiritualist or psychic to make sure it isn't a demon?
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
lolly, that is a very good story and scary!

I would hate a ghost following me around like that! No effence!

With care,

Princess123 x ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: