You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: The Garden Clash

Real Ghost Stories

The Garden Clash

 

I'm a new user on this site, so my personal encounter might not be as interesting to read as the more experienced users' encounters.

However, I will put my best effort into it, and hopefully you'll enjoy the read, and maybe even leave a comment with your opinion.

This particular event took place this summer, whilst I was on holiday in my home country. It wasn't a city I was in that day; I was at my grandparent's summer-house, which stands near the country's borderline.

It was about at 3 o'clock in the morning, I was still awake as I have insomnia, and I decided to tire myself by spending some time on my laptop. I got quite tired by then, but some unpleasant memories from the previous day had caught up with me, and being a smoker, I decided to go out and have myself a cigarette.

Since this was so far out in the country, it was pitch black outside in the garden. It was beautiful; the garden is very big, and the apple trees had just started blooming, and though I couldn't see it, I could smell it. The sky was cloudless, and every single star was visible; never in my life have I seen something so breathtaking.

I took a seat on the swings betwixt two apple trees, positioned in the middle of the garden, and lit my cigarette. I have a mild fear of the dark; I was beginning to get touchy by the time I was half-way through the fag. It didn't help that big, fat apples kept falling from the trees and making blunt noises in the background.

Suddenly, I heard a hissing somewhere to my left. I put it down to the wind blowing through grass, although the thought to go back in was as appealing as ever. Then, right out of the blue like fresh snow crashing onto your head from a tree's branch, a bright blob of light moved slowly but steadily across the vista, at a distance at first, getting closer by the second. I froze; I've never seen a ghost or phantom before, and I always believed they didn't exist. I realized that I had let out a muffled shriek, and as suddenly as it had appeared, the visitor was gone.

Convinced it was something paranormal, I ran back into the house, shut my computer down, and hid underneath a couple of layers of duvets and various sheets. In this position I remained up until midday. I might begin to sound silly by now, but this part is also true. After I had breakfast, I received a text message from my cousin. The content of the text was not very cheery, and I soon saw why. While I was away, something bad had happened. Someone who'd gone missing a month before had turned up dead, a victim of suicide, to be precise. He was found in a forest, and the estimated time of death was about 3 o'clock in the morning...

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, The_Cruel_Melody, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

The_Cruel_Melody (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
Hello again.

I am most thankful for everyone's concerns and prayers, I really appreciate that.
I'm sorry I haven't been replying for a long time, my internet broke down so I had to make do without it.

I think I am coming to the same conslusion as most of you, hopefully he is in a better place now.

=]
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
That was a well told and quite intriguing story!

I haven't understood whether the deceased was a friend but I have to assume they were since you mentioned the 'sad' news. If that's the case, the hissing and the blob might have been this person's attempt to say goodbye. Very sad indeed that someone would not find a better solution than ending their lives.

Thanks for sharing this experience with us.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
Thank you The_Cruel_Melody, for a well written and very interesting story. You have my condolences on the loss of your friend, who I am quite certain came to say goodbye to you. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Thank you so much for painting a clear picture of that night, The_Cruel_Melody.
You know, I think what happened here is that you were in the right place at the right time. As you booked it into the house after the most spectacular point of the incident, I am left wondering what may have happened should you have remained.
I should think that what you witnessed was the "goodbye" of someone that you were concerned about. It truly sounds to me as if this friend came to assure you that they were now alright, and that there was no longer a need to worry. Perhaps they did not approach you in a more traditional manner as they thought you would flee.
I am saddened that this person felt that the only way out of their difficulties was to commit suicide, and I will be sending up healing prayers for you, your friends, and the family of this person.
Thank you.
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Hi The_Cruel_Melody and thanks for sharing your story with us!

I am sorry to hear about your friend and that also in that type of state... Anyway, as your friend died at 3:00 a.m., I'm sure (and I think the others are as well) that the blob of light which you saw was your friend coming to meet you for the last time. Thanks and I'm waiting for more of your stories!

Biemaster
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
I am very sorry to hear about your loss. A friend is always treated as a family member. And sometimes they can be closer then family. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
The_Cruel_Melody (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
Hey everyone, thank's for the positive feedback. I appreciate the empathy, thanks... Heh, Fireflies arent that big, I don't think... But it's a possibility, although I might never find out. I think the hissing might have been some animal, like lilblackpom said, but it is also a possibility of attention-gain. =] Thanks for the comments again, it really helps figure somestuff out! 😉 ❤
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
Hi cruel melody. I found your story interesting to read. Sorry for the loss of your friend. Since it was 3:00 the same time as you friend passed, I would say that it was your friend that came to visit you. I don't know what to say about the hissing sound you heard, could be an animal of some kind in the brush. But your friend's ghost probably came for one last visit and to let you know that they have passed since you received a text message about this friend. Thank you for your story and take care of yourself.
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
Could it have been a firefly that you saw? I don't know if fireflies are prevalent in Norway. It truly was a nice story, sorry to hear about your friend's death.
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
The_Cruel_Melody-I am sorry to hear about your friends death. How far away was your friend found from where you were at when you saw the orb?
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
Hi cruel melody welcome to the site, I am sorry to hear about your friend, maybe your friend, wanted to let you know that they were okay, even though of the way they died, like Kim said, he might have come to you, to help them find a way to cross over, and when you let out a shreik, they might have left thinking that you were scared of them, but I don't think the person was going to hurt you, it was just going to try for your help. Thanks for the story. 😊
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
Dear Cruel Melody--
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Sometimes people cannot bear the cruelty of this world and sometimes they want to go to a place they believe is kinder. God be with your friend now.
Now, there is no such thing as an uninteresting story, so please be assured. No one need apologize for being who they are. There's a difference being being and behavior that's good to remember. And you obviously have some particularly attractive qualities or you would not have been chosen for a paranormal experience, which might very well have been your friend. I suggest the hiss might have been merely to gain your attention, not to frighten you. Whoever it was tried to manifest as best as possible so you'd have a memorable experience. Out in the blessed darkness under a canopy of stars, you were in a primal state and receptive. Apples and Eden come to mind!
Sorrow is joy upsidedown, yes? Yin-Yang, two parts of one. I shall put on my stereo piano music of Sinding and pray for you and your friends. Thank you for sharing your encounter.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

Perhaps it was this friend that visited you in the garden on their way to crossing over?

I will say some prayers for them.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: