You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Dark Entity And Nails In A Bag

Real Ghost Stories

The Dark Entity And Nails In A Bag

 

I've combined these two stories into one because they both involved my brother and happened one right after the other.

The Dark Entity -

Seventeen years ago, my parents had purchased our very first house. While our house was in escrow, we continued to live in our small rented mobile home, located just outside the city limits to a small desert town in Southern California. The mobile home was on two acres of land, very securely fenced. It only had two bedrooms, one on either side of the home. A couple of years before, due to lack of sufficient space, my parents purchased a small travel trailer and parked it in the back yard so my brother (17 years old at the time) could live in and have his privacy and my little sister and I could have ours as well.

Up to this point, my brother was extremely content with his privacy. However, only a few days before escrow was to close on our new house, my brother had a very frightening encounter. One night, during a full moon he lay on his bed drifting off to sleep. The familiar sound of our black Labrador "Solo" climbing into his travel trailer roused him from mid-sleep. He shifted around to sleepily greet Solo as he made his way up through the open door and over to snuggle on the floor beside him. The only problem was that Solo was already on the floor beside him, fast asleep. Startled, he looked up towards the doorway.

The full moon illuminated the doorway enough so that he made out the silhouette of a dark humanoid entity. The dark entity seemed startled as well, for as soon as my brother had looked up, the dark entity crouched down behind the kitchen bench to hide from his sight.

Paralyzed with fear, my brother shut his eyes and didn't dare to open them. The next thing he knew, it was morning. Still scared out of his mind, he pleaded with my mom to let him move into our new house as soon as possible. My parents had planned to do some painting prior to moving in, but agreed to let him begin spending the night at the new house as soon as escrow closed that week.

Nails In A Bag - My brother expected a good night's sleep in our new house, free from the paranormal. Alas, it was not to be. No sooner that he turned out the lights did he begin to hear the eerie sound of nails being dropped into a paper bag. That was the best way he could describe what he was hearing. The noise came from the hallway just outside his room. Being alone in the empty house, he couldn't place any blame on anyone. He was relieved when the rest of the family moved in soon thereafter.

He only told my mother what he had heard, the rest of us were unaware. A few days later, when my mother was alone in the house, she busied herself with unpacking. She was in the hallway and found herself hearing the same eerie sound of nails being dropped into a paper bag. My brother's description was certainly on the money. Having had her own fruitful past concerning paranormal experiences (which I'll relate in future submissions on this site) she stood up and shouted "Listen, this is our first house and we promise to take really good care of it. Please don't try to scare us anymore". No one ever heard that sound again.

Over the years, my brother still claimed our house was haunted. His evidence was that his room was always so much warmer than the other rooms. It turned out, years and years later, a hot water pipe directly underneath his room was not working properly and was always hot, thereby making his room very warm and uncomfortable. Once it was fixed, the room was noticeably more comfortable.

My sister still lives with my parents and she's always been "freaked out" about my brother's room and refuses to look into it when the door is open and the room is dark.

It was only recently that my parents admitted the true history of the house. It turns out that the previous owner, an elderly man, had committed suicide in what is now my brother's room.

Other hauntings by Monica2010

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Monica2010, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
That was a very interesting story Emma-thanks for sharing. Although your sister had a bad feeling about the room as well, that could have been the cause of what she had heard from your mom and brother. Those two though must have shared the same gift as they were both sensitive enough to see and hear the other side.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
I don't necessarily think your house was haunted as much as what your brother was. Apparently your brother (and mother) were more sensitive than the rest of you were. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Hi Emma and thanks for sharing your story with us!

I agree with gary11872 that your brother and also your mother have the gift to see and listen to the paranormal. Your mother did just right by shouting or scolding (😆) the ghost. As Dan said, you need to give a push sometimes to get rid of a ghost. Thanks and I'm looking forward to more of your stories!

Biemaster
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Wow this was a very creepy story. I realy enjoyed reading it. When your brother saw the black shadow It reminded me of my story. Thanks for sharring this with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
Hello Emma. Thanks for sharing this story with us it was interesting to read. I believe that when you want something to leave and you let it be known, it will. Your mother's words were by far the proper format. As for your brother, I hope he is well. Sometimes when you experience things of the paranormal, the older you get, the more you learn how to deal with it and what to do to make it proper. I hope you understand what I mean. I know how to deal with my precognitions/premonitions that I've had through my life, but with ghostly and haunting occurrences, it is a little harder since I don't have too many of these incidents and sometimes, they can be a little frightening. Take care of yourself and thanks for your story. 😉
jwright (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
Very interesting story. I'm glad everything turned out well in the end.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
Hi thanks for the interesting story, to explain the strange happening in the house is probably due to the old man, as there could be some kind of other connection to the land, or something. Thanks again for sharing your story. 😊
Dan (1 stories) (51 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
This is a very intresting story. Sometimes it takes a little push to get rid of a spirit and your Mother gave it that. I'm pretty sure this spirit was the Man checking that his house was in good hands and I don't think he intentionally meant to scare any of you. That room will always be different and eerie simply because it's where he lost his life.

Thanks for sharing I would love to hear more from you.
gary11872 (1 stories) (60 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
Sounds like your brother has the gift.

I'd like you to notice the part where your mother tells the entity to leave. There is power in a comanding voice to entities. If you ever find yourself in an uncomfortable situation like that, simply tell the entity to leave.

Gary:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: