You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Girl On The Stairs

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl On The Stairs

 

It was only last year, just before Christmas and I was thirteen when it all began or so I thought. Little did I know that this was not the start of my ghostly encounter!

In my home in Dewsbury I had a doorbell on my bedroom door and one night, it started ringing. I checked the hall but no one was there. I checked the other rooms upstairs as well but they were all empty too. About five minutes later the doorbell rang again, and again the upstairs of the house was empty. By this point, my sister and I were getting seriously freaked out. I even took the battery out. It happened a third time about ten minutes later. This time I went downstairs and asked my mum if she had been upstairs. "No" she said.

I slept badly that night and I could think of nothing else at school the next day. It wasn't until that night when I got some answers. My dad had just picked me up and was taking me to his house when I mentioned what had happened the previous night. He seemed unsurprised and explained that the house was indeed haunted.

Just before I was born my parents moved into the house and as they were unpacking they both saw a little girl, looking about nine years old, sat about half way up the stairs looking down. They never bother about her and apparently I used to play with my dolls on the stairs and have lengthy conversations with someone.

We haven't seen her since but know she is around. I will be sat in a room with the windows closed and the chair will move from one side of the room to the other. Or if we are listening to a CD there are always certain tacks that get mysteriously skipped. It's the same if we are watching a programme that she doesn't like. The channel will all of a sudden change even if we are sat nowhere near the remote. We just think she is bored and I say that if she was going to harm us, she would have done it by now.

Do you agree or do you think I should be wary from now on? Please let me know.

Other hauntings by loopy666

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, loopy666, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Angelryu777 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
Hi loopy. I am not agree with MissY732's advice. If you talk with a ghost, even it is a ghost of kid tho it can possess you if you get more closer to its feelings. Try to avoid ghost and keep praying to God to show the path of heaven to the ghost. Thanks.
Jginkx94 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-31)
I don't think that you should be worried though she is probobly alone and finds comfort in you and your self.
spirit13 (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-09)
oh my gosh'that must have been way scary'dont you like ever run out of the room screaming when something like that happenes'i would.
Feiaby (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
Thanks for sharing this story. I think she just miss her playmate, as you said, you apparently play dolls in the stairs and had a lengthy conversation with someone. Just try to talk to her if you can and ask her why she's still in your house. Maybe she's still attached to something that's why she still haunts. 😊
MissY732 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
I look up to you! You are calm about this and accept it. Why don't you try talking to her, if you do that she will be able to trust you more and she will come out of her shell. It's amazing when it happens, You'll be able to find out why she died so young, who she really is? You never know you might know her! This might sounds like a freaky thing to do and you must be comfortable with your decision, and I can't say she will come out of her shell straight away, don't push her if you decide to. Its the worse thing you can do, give it a go, if you give it a go then don't like it you have to tell her that your not ready and you will let her know when you are, she will understand, and remember ghost don't sleep so you must let her know when you need your time and she will accept that. 😊
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
I believe that this sis a playfull spirit. Buty they do not mean harm. But they can get you on your nerves sometimes. Try speeking to her. Tell her that you don't like some things she is doing. I liked your story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
I would have said this could be a residual haunting until you get to the part where she is messing with electronics which can mean an intelligent haunting. Doing some research on the house may bring things to light. I don't know if spirits can take on other forms less scary like that of a child. It's hard to think of a child caught between worlds. I can't imagine a child spirit that would rather be in a half existence than with those they loved in life. I don't know how attached a kid could be to their personal toys or even a house without realizing that their parents are missing in the equation. Just never made sense to me.
dmv99 (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-06)
i agree, this litle girl may think you are her friend. She might not have been bored. If you do see her, just play with her. She may be lonley with out her family.
loopy666 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-05)
thankyou to all of you. Its such a releif to know that there are people out there that actually believe me. I know some people think I'm just insane or making it up for attention. Thanks again for beleiving me and for reading my story
ghosthunter123 (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-05)
I completely agree with you. Perhaps her family had lived in your house and she never learned to move on, but than again perhaps not. We never really know why spirits appear and do the tings that they do, but this little girl seems to think that she has found friends who will not push her away.
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
I agree that this spirit is harmless, and I really enjoyed reading your story. Thanks for sharing it.
littlechick (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
How can a little girl be harmful or evil?
Maybe just onery I guess? Has any of you ever actually seen your deceased parent or siblings as a ghost? Sometimes I wish I could see my dad.
Kintana_Calle (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
With all due respect all this speak of going into the light is irrelevant. Often when a spirit goes to cross-over it can choose whether to cross over entirely or to stay here, but disembodied.
Some spirits choose to stay and never cross over through personal choice.
The little girl is no threat to you or any member of your family. It is only when her behaviour becomes extreme that I would worry about her needing to cross-over. For now I sense that she is happy with the situation as it is.
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
Hello loopy. This little girl, whom you found out from your Dad, is not harmful and sounds very playful. She does need help to go into the light though. Maybe you can help her with this transition to be at peace. Thanks for sharing your story here. 😊
littlechick (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
Is that for real? Sometimes I wish I could see a "good" ghost.
I don't understand why people don't automatically go to the light when they die. Do we not get a choice when we go? And especially kids, you would think they would immediately go be with our maker God. No questions asked. What do you all think?
Taps Ghosthunters was good last. Did anyone watch it?
ElectricTNT (1 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
I believe that spirits or ghosts are the same in the spirit world as they were in the earthly realm. If they were respectful and decent in life, they are so in death. Most children, especially the very young, who have not been subjected to abuse or poor parenting in life, are usually just as sweet and innocent in death.

It sounds as though your spirit friend is just a bored and innocent child. Perhaps you could try and assist her to cross over into eternity were her family are probably waiting.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
I do not believe she means any harm to you or your family, I do however, think she needs to pass on and go into the light. She will never rest in peace if stuck here, on this plane.

Tell her to go to the light. Let her know she will not be alone. Let her know that with the Lord she will be warm and loved with many people and children there.

Thanks for sharing,
God Bless!
Oopsie (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
I'm agree with DeviousAngel. She seems more like a little playful sister than a harmful spirit. Maybe she just miss you and want to be part of your daily life, learning how to grow up at your step doing stuff you use to.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
I don't think you should be worried.:) She just sounds like a friendly playmate who, as you said, is a bit bored.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: