You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Freaky Life 4

Real Ghost Stories

My Freaky Life 4

 

I would like to tell you about experiences I have in old houses.

Me and my mother are very sensitive when it comes to buildings, especialy old places.

We can just 'feel' if something bad happened there. It is like the walls are trying to tell a story. I believe that anything that happens inside a building is being captured there, almost like a recording. When I walk into a house, I can just feel if there is love there, or hate, or violence, etc. And I can just feel it when someone died there. I inherited it from my mother, and she again from her's. The things my granny and my mother experienced, is a story for another time...

My boyfriend's parents live in a house in Goodwood, Cape Town. The house is between 120 and 130 years old. His great grandfather's father build it in the 1800's. It is not a fancy house. It is just a normal suburban house. But it is the oldest one in Goodwood! In the older days, all the children were born in the house, and also died there.

The master bedroom is now the guest room, and a couple of alterations were made over the years. Like the toilet that was originaly outside, but was in the later years build onto the porch, which was then again build onto the house and is now just past the kitchen. The bathroom also walks out into the kitchen.

The first time I went to visit there, I could feel there is something not right in there. It was as if something was watching me all the time. Not evil or anything, I guess it is some of the ancestors perhaps. I could tell someone not wanting me there though.

In the guest room the TV would go on by itself, and off by itself.

When I was blowdrying my hair, something invisible walked over my foot. When I was sleeping, I would hear someone in the room, but see nothing. This night I had a dream. (I can still not decide if it was a dream or not, it fealt very real...)

In the dream I woke up to go to the bathroom. To go there, one must walk through the kitchen, and down one stair. I am not a scared person, but I never switched on a light so quickly. When finished, I switched off the light again and walked through the dark kitchen to the livingroom to go back to the guestroom.

In the livingroom stood an old man. He was dressed in a white suit, he had thin gray hair and he was very short. He looked at me, and I at him, for a while, then he asked me what I was doing there, not very friendly. I just said that I am sleeping there and that I just want to pass to go back to the room. He vanished then and I went back to sleep.

The next moring I asked my boyfriend if he knew a person who perhaps looked like that. He went silent and then told me his grandfather (his dad's dad) looked exactly like that. He then went to fetch a photo album and shown me a picture. The man I saw in the livingroom was his grandfather. He also had on a white suit in the photo!

Then Rich's dad told me that his father died of a heart attack inside the kitchen, years ago when Rich's father was still a little boy. Apparently Rich's grandfather was born in this house, died there, and he is still around...

A couple of years later, my little daughter just started talking, she was playing in the guestroom. She came out, white in the face, telling me that I must come look at the aunty that is watching her in the room. I could see nobody, but my daughter insisted that the aunty is still there. She said she is not going to play there anymore. This was the room where everyone died in the old days... Well, say no more.

My brother lived in a house on a farm, the Vissershok farm on the Vissershok Road. This was a very very old house, very dark and cold inside. I felt like someone was suffocating me as soon as I walked inside, it had this 'aura' that was not good. I could feel things that I could not see.

The old main bedroom was the creepiest of all. I never went in there if I did not have to. It felt EVIL! One day I took my digital camera with and took some pictures. Everyting in this bedroom blurred, no matter what I did. I took a picture of the room where the books were kept. On the photo was a image of a face. It was very see-through, but when I zoomed in, I could make out this evil grin on the thing's face, and he had blue eyes. It felt so evil, I erased it immediatly! So sorry though, wish I could now show it to you!

On this farm there also were a old barn. I went to explore a bit. Inside the barn was a door. Inside was a small room with a very old steel bed. The windows were barred up. I could feel this place was not right, that there once had been pain in there. I assume it could be where they kept the slaves perhaps. There were stories that in the 1700's and 1800's the poor slaves were tortured on that farm.

When I was little, I can remember there was a article in the newspaper about this farm. It was said that there were ghosts there. The people once living there, said they saw a woman in white walking the grounds at night. Always in a certain place near the white farm walls, near the entrance. When the farm people one day knocked down a part of the wall, they found a skeleton inside the wall!

Apparently in the old days they buried the slaves in the bricks, while they were still alive... Luckily my brother moved away from that evil place!

Other hauntings by anneke8

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, anneke8, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-25)
Hi Lady Glow, thanks for the compliment!
Hi Sacul, for as long as I can remember, when I saw or heard something scary, I just cover my head with my blankets and go back to sleep 😳
Here is actually a funny story... I stayed in a grannyflat once. The main house was just next to the grannyflat and there lived a couple with a boy of about 15 years old. Weird things really happened in my grannyflat. But one morning I woke from some kind of noise. It was winter and the rain was pouring down.
I had a sliding door for a exit with curtains in front. Through the closed door and curtain I could see a shadow in front of my door, wearing something that looked like a hood over his head. I was so in shock, I just pulled my duvet over my head and went back to sleep... But I can assure you I was COLD from shock!
The morning I left for work and locked my sliding door. Then I saw the boy from next door on his bicycle
Coming down the driveway, dressed in a raincoat, finished delivering the morning paper...

😲 😲
sacul (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-14)
Thanks for posting.

BUT- How on earth could you just go "back to sleep" after seeing an old man standing in the home that wasn't supposed to be there and then vanished?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-09)
Though creepy, your stories are very interesting and well written.
Thank you for sharing.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-17)
Dan
Yes, I think the grandfather wanted me to see him that night, I think he is still there, not sure.
So much people died in that house over the years, I am not sure who they all were and if their souls are all at rest. What happened on the farm, I wish I kept that photos! The photos in of the main bedroom was just blurry, and that was only of a certain cold spot in the room... The other one of the evil face, I was so freeked out by it, I kept it for a while and then erased it. I haven't knew of this site then...
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
anneke8: Some intense experiences you have had over the years some of them quite freaky. Regards to seeing your Boyfriends Grandfather wether it was a dream or not you were definitely meant to have seen what you did. Has your boyfriend or his family ever witnessed anything in the home at all? I think you mentioned his father may have?

Your brother's house farm sounds as though it has experienced a lot of pain, negative energy seems to have stained itself into its foundations. This is no doubt what you picked up on in the old main bedroom, shame you no longer have the photo, would have been great to see, but I can understand your actions.

What a miracle your sister in laws baby survived that ordeal, someone was definitely listening to your prayers that day. You seem to be quite intune and very sensitive to the spirit world 😊

Great accounts here anneke8, thank you for sharing them and look forward to hearing more from you.

Dan
Mac_Barbie93 (6 stories) (42 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
omg that sounds so scary *goosebumps* that would have totally freaked me out! Glad you don't live there anymore 😁
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
anneke8,

Many Thanks for your answer it seems that your prayers were heard that day...

Respectfully,

Rook
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
Rook
The temperature of the water was round about 26 'C.
It was in the middle of summer is South Africa (we have very warm summers). It's not like the water was very cold en could have slowed down the heartbeat.
I also thought about that, because there is always people to question this. The treating doctor stated that all the signs were there that he was realy dead.
In the Durbanville Medi Clinic he is known as the miracle baby. Shaim, there was a kid brought in the same day, that wasn't in the water so long, and he died. Very sad. Much of my own people are sceptic about this happening, but I know, because it is not the first miracle that I encountered. I will write a story about one of them, hope it gets published though, because it is not very much 'spooky' 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
anneke8,

What time of year... Or a better question perhaps is... What was the water tempature when this happened?

I'm not try to take away from what you are saying but under certian conditions it is possible for an individual to appear dead after being submerged in water and yet 'return to life' because the tempature of the water slowed down their resperation and heart beat so they appeared dead... Once the person 'warmed up' they recovered and apeared to have 'returned from the dead'...

Having said that 30 minutes is a long time for that to be the case... But there are documented cases of survival of this nature.

Respectfully,

Rook
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
White-Wolf, I often wonders about this recordings of past happenings. It is very interesting.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
I often wondered exactly what happened on that farm. It is absolutely beautiful there, but yes, underneath it all lies a very troubled past. After I took that photos, I went to visit again. It was my brother's 30th birthday party and there was a lot of people. I went into that little book room again to be alone for a bit, and while I was looking at some books, someone touched my back with boths hands. I thought it was just someone from the party that came to look what I was busy reading. But there was nobody there.

Bad things happened in that house with my brother and his family too. But nothing spooky though. I could sense it came from bad things in that house. One of those was when my sister in law found her baby of 1 year floating in the swimming pool. He was already bloated, his eyes open and the iris' dialated. Dead.
She tried CPR, but it was already too late. My broter phoned me and my mother, telling us that Alex is dead.
We started praying immediatly. I asked God that there MUST be a miracle today, I am waiting for it. I went to sit on the stairs, and just waited. In the meantime my brother and his wife raced the 30km to the nearest hospital. My brother said he knew Alex was dead, but he speeded like hell that day. Alex was dead for at least 30 minutes, and all of a sudden he started to breathe again! Before he got to the hospital. I still sat on the stairs, waiting for that call - I just KNEW they are going to call, telling me Alex is alive... The hospital staff could not believe it.
They said that it could only be a miralce that this boy is alive. He even had brown spots on his forehead, like a drowning victom. Then they said he will have brain damage from lack of oxygen so long.
We prayed and prayed. Two days later Alex left the hospital - NO brain damage and very much alive.
If you look into his face, he looks like a blond hair, blue eye angel, he is so beautiful. And you can't help but think that this is a little miracle sitting on your lap. I just thought you would like to know this, because this story is also part of that house while they lived there.
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
Fergie a spirit can not stay in a home if it is not welcome even if the person passed in the home I have done this daily in my house because I have children spirits who like to play with things and move things around and when I tell them they are welcome I feel their energy leave. 😁
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
Hi anneke, vir nog 'n keer, sit ek met hoendervleis!
Well told, my young friend. Thank you so much for sharing.
You can't very well tell a spirit to go from their own home, can you?
Yes, plenty bad things happened to slaves in the old days. Things that our ancesters should be ashamed of.
😭
Groete
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
Limestone and underground streams create a recording of the houses past but what you have is not residual it is defiantly an intelligent haunting. If you tell a spirit/spirits to leave and say that they are not welcome they have to leave.
meme738 (5 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-01-14)
im so scared I'm shivering
And there is a ghost right next to me 😭
MissAlice (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-14)
That was creepy. I told my sister and was creeped out. My mom read it to and she was creeped out to. 😨
angelus_crudus (3 stories) (35 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-14)
Thank you for sharing all these stories. I have to say I got some goosebumps on my arms from a couple of them. Very well written and enjoyable to read, thanks again!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: