You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Freaky Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Freaky Experience

 

This story happened when I was around 11 years old; on Oahu in Hawaii. My family and I lived in base housing on Wheeler Air Force Base.

One day I was riding my skateboard around the neighborhood and I noticed a crowd of kids and a military police car in front of a house. As I approached the house I could see the lights up stairs going on and off. The lights were going on and off repeatedly. As I entered the house, I saw a military policeman standing on the stairs and he had his billy club out and he wasn't going up the stairs. I asked him " Hey, sir, what did you find in the room upstairs with the lights going on and off?"

He told me "There is nobody up there." I said "what do you mean there is nobody up there? How are the lights going on and off?"

He said "I searched the whole house upstairs and I did not find anybody!" He also said "I don't know, why don't you go up there because I am not moving from this spot! Something isn't right! I have called my sergeant in charge to come up here to see for himself!"

I crept up the stairs slowly and I entered the bedroom where the lights were going on and off. I saw and heard the light switch clicking back and forth. I stayed in that room for about 1 minute! None of my friends wanted to go with me to investigate! I then went down the stairs and I told the military policeman I saw no one at all the bedroom was empty! I think maybe it was caused by a mad ghost or maybe a bad Ouija board experience? Please advise. Thanks for reading my story!

Other hauntings by wrh1969

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wrh1969, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2020-11-27)
Hello,

I've read your story and though I have questions I think I just want to point out that the author stated he was 11 years old when this event happened. Maybe he had a little bit different notion of the events that transpired that day?

Maybe the adults might have experienced or remembered that event a little bit differently?

Thanks and God bless.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
3 years ago (2020-11-06)
"Jars with fetuses on the shelves..."

I mean "jars with foetus on the shelves".

Sorry about that.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2020-11-06)
Tweed.

That is a very interesting point, though it wouldn't explain the police car parked outside the house, which had attracted the crowd of kids gathered outdoors or, was the car a ghost too?

Although I have nothing else to say about this story that doesn't mean that I have no questions.

Wrh1969.

I'm curious about your conviction that the residents of the house were performing seances, spells and using the OB.
Do you say this because your family was close enough to them and knew their lifestyle and, perhaps, even got invited to take part to one of these events; or was it a well known fact among the residents of the base housing and you heard this information (rumors?) from your friends?
Did you see anything unusual in the house that could support this idea, like an actual OB, a glass ball, weird symbols on the walls... Jars with fetuses on the shelves...

Who told you about the electrician's findings?
Do you know who called the police? I just can't imagine anyone in their right mind calling the cops on a flickering light... Never mind, I actually can picture that, it's not unusual to hear in the news about people calling 911 for the stupidest reasons.

Had you seen that particular officer before that day? Did you see him again?

Anyway, if I keep on going, my comment will end up being longer than your story.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-11-06)
Wrh, I found the freakiest part of this the fact you were more or less encouraged to have a gander and NOT the light show. Forget ouija boards, what if the cop was the ghost (!) 😲
freakedoutfreddy (1 stories) (77 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-11-06)
I don't know man, maybe a ghost was trying to communicate using the light like Morse code? 🤔 😁 😁
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2020-11-05)
wrh1969.

I'm going to compare your narrative to preparing chicken soup: you have presented us only with boiled chicken and water, and are trying to make it taste better by adding the rest of the ingredients when it is too late to do so...it's never going to turn all right if they didn't cook together.

Don't take my words the wrong way but, if you have other stories to share in the future and in order to deliver a good quality product, please include as much information and details as possible in your original narrative.

My apologies if my words sound harsh. I have nothing else to say about your story.
wrh1969 (6 stories) (11 posts)
 
3 years ago (2020-11-05)
RCRuskin,
The room from my memory was pretty much empty except for a standing pole lamp.
wrh1969 (6 stories) (11 posts)
 
3 years ago (2020-11-05)
Lady-Glow,
They did have an electrician check things out and he found nothing was amiss. I am pretty sure the occupants of this house were doing spells/seances etc too.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-11-05)
Lady Glow, not to get too contrary, but I have noticed people can form opinions without having even a single fact available. The opinions are usually quite crazy. 😁

Going just on what is presented in this story as fact, the MP seems a little odd, letting a child go investigate a supposed crime scene. It is certainly not something I would suggest.

Question, which may be unanswerable after so long a time, what was in the room besides the moving on its own light switch? Furniture, objects, closets?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-11-04)
wrh1969.

Thanks for clarifying your expectations.

In my opinion, there is not enough information in your narrative as to say what happened, much less to determine if it was a paranormal event. We readers have no answers, only opinions and, in order to form an opinion one needs to know as much as possible about a subject.

I think that knowing if an electrician was called to check the electrical system of the house and their findings is a must before assuming that the flickering light was an angry ghost or a OB session going wrong. Do you know any more information that could help in building up a case?

I'll appreciate your feedback.
wrh1969 (6 stories) (11 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-11-04)
Lady-glow,
I don't expect to get any help about what happened I just wanted input on what you all (the readers of my story) think happened paranormal wise. 😉
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-11-04)
Hello wrh1969.

It's hard to believe that the police would not only allow a boy your age to enter a possible threatening place, but to ask you to go and investigate?!?
Is letting bystanders into a possible crime scene considered a normal practice by Hawaii's police force?

What makes you think that a OB session could have been the reason for the events? Was the house empty or was someone living there?

If the 1969 in your user name is the year you were born, what kind of help do you need/expect to get after 40 or so years since this happened?

I'm sorry but, in my opinion, the facts in your narrative make no sense.
TravisCannabis (69 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-11-04)
That policeman was a pus*y... Asking a kid to investigate! 😆
IMO what you need is an electrician's help 😊 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: