You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Invisible Beings

Real Ghost Stories

Invisible Beings

 

My experience with the unknown started when I was in high school, but it only happened once. When I went to college, I applied as working student and was assigned at the Biology Dept. It was located at the 5th floor of a San Jose building.

My first encounter happened during my training period. While cleaning the counter area, I freaked out when suddenly the polisher moved on its own and blocked my way. I screamed and jumped backward away from it. I called my colleagues for help. That time, my whole body went cold and couldn't move. Then Mike and the others went out of the office upon hearing me and asked what happened. I told them and he just laughed. To prove that I wasn't lying, I touched the control and tried to turn it off but it didn't stop. That's the time Mike ran towards the outlet and grabbed the wire and it's the only time the polisher stopped.

Another experience; it was my first semester in the university and it was my turn to be the opener. Since there was a 7am class, I have to be there ahead of the faculty. I usually arrived earlier than 6 am or exactly at 6. When I got there, I would open all the gates and doors of the department and classroom before I go to one of the faculty rooms where I was assigned to clean. Every time I did the cleaning, I could always hear that someone's also cleaning the upper drawing room on the 6th floor because of the dragging sound and falling down of the chairs. It happened several times but I didn't freak out until I asked 'manong' (janitor) the person who was assigned to clean the drawing room above the faculty out of curiosity. He said that would be impossible, somebody would clean the rooms so early in the morning because no one would be doing that. They do all the cleaning before they go home every night. Upon hearing that, I couldn't explain the fear I felt because all those time I was alone on that floor and since then, I would arrived at the university at 6:45 in the morning.

It didn't stop there. Bizarre things continued to happen while I was still serving the department. I could hear a stool being dragged at 6pm in laboratory rooms, lights and fans turned on and off, door banging or being opened even if we locked it already, something heavy fall in the Instrument room and every time we checked it, there's nothing there. We also experienced seeing a shadow passed in front of us. And during my last day in that department, while watering the plants in the botanical garden, I hear a child crying three times. I asked my colleagues if they hear it or if one of them was crying and they said no.

My fellow working students have different experiences in that department. Every working student in the university has really something to say about their respective departments, not just us.

The experience of the unknown made me realized that in this world we're never alone.

Other hauntings by Feiaby

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Feiaby, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-15)
Good but freaky story. I can't believe I just now came across it. I bet it must have been scary especially you being up there by yourself at times. Thanks for the story and I will be looking for more. 😊
Feiaby (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-11)
Hi! ChrisB and thanks for the comment. You're right, I heard lots of scary stories regarding that building. I just can't recall all of them. 😊
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-10)
Hi and welcome to this site. I realy enjoyed reading your story. It seems to me that the building sure has a lot of history in it. I wonder what might have happened in ther since there are spirits in there. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Feiaby (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-09)
Thanks rhodes68. I had so many stories being told by my colleagues there and some of the university's history. I will share it here soon. 😊
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-09)
Sounds like that building has a lot of history embedded in its walls! I wonder which of the souls are more than sounds and bumbs-who are aware of being trapped back in time and who are the willing visitors.

Thank you for a fascinating account and welcome on board.
Feiaby (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-09)
[at] ladyannne
I'm from Philippines and it's one of the universities here in Cebu. 😊
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-09)
Just curious, San Jose, California? San Jose City College? San Jose State? Both have reputations for having some paranormal activity, with State being a tad more active.
Feiaby (4 stories) (31 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
Thanks everyone. Well, the school started in 1947 and the six-storey bldg was erected to accommodate more student in 1968. In that span of time, we can say that a lot of things really happened there like death. And also, the department used to have fetuses both of human and animals, as well as, human bones. In fact, I used to washed up human skulls and other parts of the skeletal system. 😆
Anyway, I think most of the schools/universities are really haunted. 😊
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
Scary experience you had there, Feiaby! Definitely check out the history on that place if you can.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
Welcome to YGS Feiaby. I enjoyed reading your experiences, thanks for sharing them. That sounds like a really active building, maybe it's the land it's on. Do you know any history behind it? If you do, let us know. It sounds interesting.
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
Wow nice story! I would be freaked out too if that happened to me, altough some bizzare things happened to me too, ingluding a flying chair and me hitting the floor

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: