You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Noises And Voices Outside The Door

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Noises And Voices Outside The Door

 

This happened on Saturday, September 20. It was about 8:00 pm and my boyfriend and I were at his house alone. He lives with his brother and son who were out at a Quinceañera party. We had been alone since about 4:00 pm and nothing strange had happened. Well, actually neither my boyfriend, nor his brother, have ever noticed anything strange at their house.

It was about 8 pm and we were watching soccer. We hadn't watched any scary movies or talked about ghost stories, even though we love them and often do. Suddenly, I heard some noises like plastic bags being moved around and footsteps, right outside the front door. We assumed his brother had come home. But after a while of waiting for them to come in, I told my boyfriend to look outside.

He went all the way out to the street to look around and saw nothing. There were no people out in the streets or even cars, which isn't very strange because it is a quiet town and everyone is very friendly and respectful. So, we ignored it and went back to watching tv. Well, not very long after that I heard two men talking right outside the door. Once again, I thought his brother had come home. I said something to my boyfriend about it and he said he didn't hear any voices. He looked out the window and there was nobody there.

Once more, we heard steps and sounds at the door. It sounded like plastic bags being moved around and metal being dropped and dragged. This time, I tip toed to the door without making any noise and while I could still hear the sounds, I didn't hear anyone! By now we were getting pretty freaked out. My boyfriend claimed to hear a woman's voice, so I decided to look around the house and make sure all the doors were locked.

I started hearing the men's voices again so I told my boyfriend to mute the tv and the tv went mute. The little speaker with a line across it appeared on the screen as it usually does when we press mute. I listened and heard nothing and my boyfriend looked at me all freaked out because he didn't press mute! He didn't even have the remote in his hand! We only heard the noises outside the door a couple more times, the plastic bags and metal being moved around.

So what do you guys think was happening?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lali, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

brenttan (64 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-14)
It could be some spirit/s messing with your mind - that is what these spirits do - cause disturbances and fear with their pranks or otherwise. Their object is to cause fear, mental unease and suffering, they get their pleasure out of causing fear and distress.
Lali (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-02)
Well nothing else has happened so far. Which is a good thing I guess 😊 😉. We also thought it was someone outsie trying to scare us but when the tv went mute we couldn't explain what was going on!
TheSkeptic (21 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-10-01)
Sounds like someone was trying to play a prank on you from outside with a universal remote.
kimberly (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
Its like that freaking movie Poltergeist. "We're Heere!" I'm always alarmed when the TV does its own thing. I think everybody on this website has heard voices before, and its just freaking spooky. Definitely a scary story! I think my kids will like hearing this one. Keep us posted if the activity continues. Good Luck!
Surlay2 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
Ive had a sorta the same experience, when I am in the shower I hear music playing couldn't explain it. We didn't have a house connected to anyone or anything... It creeped me out but hubby also said he had the ssame thing happen to him. So it could just be like what devious angle said. A replay, well hope it is. Well take care.
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-27)
Seems like the someone you were listneing to wanted to tell you he's inside the house not outside where you looked! Good luck
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-26)
Well this sure sounded like a very scary experience. I understand how confused you all were. This is one scary story. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and tak care
Lali (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-26)
Thanks everyone for your comments. I know its hard to figure out what happened. I have had other experiences but I usually find a way to explain the wierd stuff but this tima I have no idea. Specially with the tv. Anyways thanks for your comments appreciate it! 😊 😕
aramos (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
i usually don't comment on stories, but after I read about the tv being put on mute, I had to say something. All I can really say though is wow... Once I read about your boyfriend not putting the tv on mute, I got goosebumps. Great story, I hope you have some more stories to tell. 😨
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
I read the story and I couldn't quite figure out what to tell you but I think DeviousAngel hit it right on the head. The replays of memory, having to continually keep on doing the same thing all time. Best of Luck.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
Really weird... I can't explain it myself, but it sounds like something strange was going on. Usually TVs don't mute themselves. I'm not too sure what the sounds could mean. It might be just replays of a memory or something. Best of luck to you!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: