You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Unexpected Wake Up

Real Ghost Stories

Unexpected Wake Up

 

I'd like to share one of my experiences that truly scared the shiat out of me and I never want to experience EVER again.

It happened when I was in college and its been a couple of years since my family moved in our grandma's house after her death. In the earlier years it was okay, but both me and my older brother have felt something was off in the house since we moved, but we brushed it off since happenings are still tolerable for the both of us. Like apparitions here and there, feeling of being watched, seeing scary things and so on.

But as time progress so did they, and I got it worse. On this particular day everyone's schedule was so early leaving me home alone at 7 o'clock sharp. My class is around 10 am I still got a lot of time, so I decided to sleep still.

When suddenly I woke up in the middle of my slumber, I remember hearing heavy chains being dragged on the floor so slowly I can hear it nearing my door, there was chattering that I can't understand, water running on our sink and children laughing and playing right below me (my younger sister of 8 years and I share a room, so we have a bunk bed, I chose the upper deck because it's dangerous for her up there, she's a sleeper that would move around a lot and sometimes stand while sleeping) and the bed was shaking a bit, scratches can be heard but I didn't know where and so many other sounds that it felt there's a lot of people inside the house and our room.

I was scared, I remember moving to stand or to look around me but when I look at my arms they're not moving, I was stuck but awake. I was scared then terrified when I heard someone chanting something above my head, a different language with a voice so so deep. I remember it was like a voice from a grave or underground like, I felt panic.

In my moment of desperation I remember calling for God, gave a silent prayer for help but even before I finished my prayer it suddenly became quiet and I bolted to sit up and looked around the room and pass my open door to see everything was in its place and a very quiet - morning as usual. As soon as I can I bolted to the bathroom, did my business in lightning speed while praying the whole time and sped away to my mom's cafe and cried my heart out.

After that incident my family never left me home alone for at least a month, and I am thankful for that.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sourball, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

en_chuu (4 stories) (27 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-02-10)
Going by your brother's experiences as well, this might seem like a tandem of both sleep paralysis and an entity looking to scare you guys.

I hope nothing further escalates from that; there's nothing scarier than being woken up by something inexplainable.
blckwdnsdy (6 stories) (32 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-01-31)
I see that you already received comments about sleep paralysis.
I just wanted to state that it can feel so real, it messes with you so bad... There are times when I encounter sleep paralysis 2 or 3 times a week and the things you see and hear make you want to never sleep again. So that could, indeed, be a possibility.
Even though I wish that to be your only event of this kind, in case you encounter it again, do your best to stay calm and slowly move a finger, a leg, anything you can. It will get you past it faster.
sourball (1 stories) (2 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-01-17)
silverthane61

I hoped that was the case too. I have been wondering if that was the case, it was my first time to experience that and I truly thank God that it didn't happen again, even during at my lowest and vulnerable state.

Thank you for reading my story and commenting.
sourball (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-01-17)
majarlika012 and lady-glow

Thank you for commenting. Sleep paralysis; I've wondered about that so many times after that incident.

And yes, after that time my brother was fed up with it and decided to act on it, one night he went to our extended kitchen and challenged them, cursing them for what happened and to stop scaring me and face him instead. He waited that night and when he was about to sleep he started to hear loud bangs of doors and windows, chairs being draged on the floor from our extended kitchen, that went on for hours.

As I remember during a festival a priest went to our house and did a blessing, but that didn't help much. Lessen a bit but never really got rid of them.

Thank you for reading.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-01-17)
I hope this was an incident of being in a "dream-awake" stage. People can experience this condition without being subject to normal sleep paralysis. In this case, you can often experience vivid audial-visual illusions. If this was not such an incident, then your faith must be strong as witnessed by the effectiveness of your prayer.
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-01-16)
I agree with lady-glow. That could be sleep paralysis.

Sleep paralysis is when, during waking up or falling asleep, a person is aware but unable to move or speak. During an episode, one may hallucinate (hear, feel, or see things that are not there), which often results in fear. Lack of sleep or a shifting sleep schedule can also cause sleep paralysis.

Was there any incident after that?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-01-15)
Hello sourball.

What you experienced could be sleep paralysis, a normal reaction of the brain in which a person's body is immobilized in order to prevent them from acting their dreams, it is common to hallucinate during this asleep-awake stage.

Have the disturbances increased after that day?

Perhaps performing a cleansing/blessing of the house according to your religious beliefs could help to stop the activity.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: