You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Sound Of Familiar Voices

Real Ghost Stories

The Sound Of Familiar Voices

 

When my parents died less than two years apart, my world filled with such emptiness. I missed them so much. Since I was the only child living, my brother died of a brain aneurysm when only 26 years old, it was my responsibility to go through their house filled with 54 years of living. I never counted on dealing with the memories that flooded my mind each time I walked through the door or picked up a piece of paper with their handwriting on it. There were times when I just had to turn around and go home. But I knew I had to accept the job that lay before me.

A close friend of mine suggested having a tag sale. But I wasn't having good vibes about that. In fact, I just couldn't seem to part with some of their belongings. After many a sleepless night and lots of tears I felt drawn back to the house one afternoon. Don't ask me why; I just felt I needed to go home.

On the drive over, I prayed for guidance or a sign; something to help with this decision. When I got out of the car, I felt as if someone one was watching me, but no one was there. When I put the key in the lock and turned the doorknob, I smelled the aroma of coffee. What in the world, I thought and then I heard it. My father said, "What is she going to do? She better think it over." "I don't know," my mother said. I stopped dead in my tracks and for a minute I just stood there. The tone of their voices showed true concern and all of a sudden it came to me.

I knew a tag sale was not the answer. I had to figure out something else. When I walked into the kitchen, no one was there. I looked all over the house; it was as empty as my heart felt. Were they trying to guide me? I felt a sense of peace come over me. I started gathering things to take to the Goodwill or a local hospice store. At least I was accomplishing something and helping others was something my parents loved to do. Now I was helping people in need and I know they were happy with my choice.

Other hauntings by BYLUYSTER

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BYLUYSTER, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-10)
rhodes68 and ChrisB--you brought me to tears this time. But I wanted to share with you that Oct. 10th was my Dad's birthday and your words bring special meaning on this special day. Did he use you to speak to me? He would have been 82. He was a very "handy" man to have around. Whenever I am having difficulty doing something around the house, I say, Dad, please help me and things usually start going better. I sure do hope they are proud of me. I try really hard.

Hobbyholly-what a sweet story about the fireworks. If you watch for messages from your late loved ones, you'll not only see them but feel their love in your heart. God Bess. ❤
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-10)
What an amazing story and an incredible experience to have had BYLUYSTER! You brought tears to my eyes...

All I'd like to say from the bottom of my heart is that your parents must be proud of having a daughter like you. Quite obviously they are there for you as they will always be to care and worry for you. Remember that the love you shared in this life and the bondness you obviously had is what guides them back and makes them "witnesses" to your life!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-10)
What a beautiful story you shared with us. I am very sorry for your loss. It is always sad to hear that a close member of our heart must leave us. But I'm happy that they talked to you. It wasn't a long conservation but you will remember it for the rest of your life. I know that your parents are glad that you helped other people. They sure are proud of you. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-09)
I had a very rough saturday a few weekends ago. I had to visit a great uncles home that my grandparents and I spent a lot of time at. 99% of the items in the house belonged to my grandparents... Even great-parents. There is this huge legal tape the family is going through. ANYWAY: I spent about 3 hours crying. Crying harder than I think I have my whole life. My poor fiancee tried to help.

We got home to our apartment around 9ish. Sitting on our balcony, I was talking out loud about how much I miss my grandparents. Then fireworks started going off... Like the kind you see at the fourth. This is odd, due to the fact it was september and my grandparents LOVED firework displays.

I like to think it was them
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-09)
I'm not sure my comment went through, so I will say to you posters thank you for your kind words. I've been lucky to have had good experiences with my late family members, but have any of you had some really weird things happen? God Bless You ❤
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-09)
Thank you posters for your condolences. It has been an overwhelming experience to say the least, but I know they are watching over me and aren't far away. Isn't it odd how our dearly departed try to communicate with us? Have any of you had any really scary experiences? 😨
pinktot6 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-09)
sorry for your lost. I can imageien how you felt at that time hope you are doing well

take care ❤
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-09)
I too am sorry for your loss. I went though the same thing with my grandparents, and now just recently another family member. It can be so overwhelming being around so much stuff or something as simple as a piece of paper.

You are truly blessed you experienced what you did. Kudos to you for standing your ground and avoiding a tag sale (I had to go though a public auction with my grandparents belongings). Goodwill and Hospice was a very generous choice.

I must say, today I was sorta missing my grandparents, your story reassured me, that just because their gone, doesn't mean their not looking out for us.

(sorry for the long comment) Good Day
missydee (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-09)
Hi Byluster, Thank you for sharing your story. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad your parents where able to let you know what to do and to give you piece of mind.

Take care ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: