You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: They Are Getting Stronger

Real Ghost Stories

They Are Getting Stronger

 

I haven't frequented this site for about a year because I thought that my paranormal experiences were over and that I didn't need anymore help. Well, apparently, I am wrong. From my previous experiences that I related in my two stories and other happenings, I've come to believe that I can sense entities. I've been living in my new apartment for almost 2 years and, at first, I didn't think that it was haunted in the least so I let my guard down. I am a Christian and I am in no way superstitious. The experiences that I will relate are all negative and I feel that my faith, coupled with my apparent ability to sense spirits, has made me a target for whatever is residing in my home.

The first thing I noticed about my home is that I and certain other members of my family (my two younger brothers) are often weary of the back bedroom. Whenever I'm in there alone, I get this strong, eerie sensation and feeling that something is in there. It's similar to the feeling one gets when someone is standing close behind him or her, but here the feeling is stronger and more "sinister." I also get the feeling that the closet in the back bedroom is the, for lack of a better word, source of the presence. I will under NO circumstances sleep in this room as I am usually attacked in my sleep by this presence. I've come to trust my senses when it comes to evil presences but it's hard being the only one, it seems, who can feel these evil influences. The fact that my brothers have a certain fear of this room makes me feel not alone in this.

An incident regarding this particular room is a dream I had one day. We have a one-story apartment and from the living room, there is a long hallway that leads to the infamous back bedroom. I was asleep on a couch in the living room and in the dream; I was standing by the couch as I looked down the hall at the bedroom. The door of the bedroom was slightly ajar and it was dark inside. I suddenly had one of the most horrifying feelings of terror I've ever had in my life. It was a feeling that something of the utmost terror and evil was in the room and the door being ajar somehow symbolized that I was vulnerable and that the presence could escape and "get me." In the dream, I shot out the front door and stood in the grass in front of the apartment. I then woke up.

After this, I became certain that this presence was hellish and was targeting me. Not too long afterwards, I had another creepy experience but this time I was fully awake. It was a Saturday morning and I was home alone getting ready to go to work. I was in my room, watching a dvd of my pastor preaching on my computer. My bedroom is on the left side of the hallway and the door was closed at this time. I got up to go into the living room to finish getting ready but when I was about to open my door, I got the most urgent feeling that I should not open it. I believe that the Lord was speaking to me and warning me not to go into the hallway yet. I felt the familiar terror and sensed that something was in the hallway just outside my bedroom, waiting for me.

I'm getting goose bumps and I'm almost crying as I write this. I believe that the Lord speaks to me and I certainly obeyed His voice. I kept the door shut and I turned up the volume on my computer and continued to listen to my pastor preaching. Soon, it was almost time for me to leave for work and I couldn't explain to my boss that I didn't come in because an evil entity prevented me. So I summoned up my courage, prayed, and I opened the door. Fortunately, whatever presence was there seemed to have left the hallway. I QUICKLY got my things and LEFT.

Now, nothing dramatic happened for a while after this. Recently, though, it seems things have been starting up again. One night, about a week or so ago, I was asleep in my room and I suddenly awoke with the exact same feelings I experienced in the incident I related in "The Presence." I felt paralyzed and my vision became full of static. I also felt a strong sense of an evil presence. Remembering what this meant the last time I experienced this, I quickly got up and ran from my room and into the living room where I stayed the rest of the night.

Now this is what prompted me to seek help on this website. Just last night, I had an experience that truly frightened me. I was asleep when I suddenly felt a strong paralysis. I then heard the voice of what might have been the presence or even the devil himself! It had a deep, evil, satanic voice and the entity was taunting me. I couldn't see anything. There was just paralysis, darkness, and a voice out of the darkness. The voice was laughing at me and saying something to me in a taunting manner, however I don't remember what it was saying. The entire time, I was pleading the blood of Jesus as much as I could. I remember trying to wake up. It was so terrifying! The whole time I couldn't move, I was pleading the blood of Jesus, this voice was taunting me, and I was trying to move and wake up all at the same time! It seemed for a little while nothing was working and I remember almost crying in my dream, or whatever it was. Then, as all this kept going on, I felt myself move my fingers and I sort of "pulled" myself awake. It seems that in a paralysis state like this, if I can move something, anything, I can eventually wake up.

I've constantly felt things and even seen things before but I'd never heard such an evil voice before. I've always dealt with these things alone because I don't think anyone would believe me but these things are real and I keep feeling them and they keep attacking me. I'm getting scared and I don't know who to talk to about this. It's getting to the point that I'm almost afraid to fall asleep at night. I'm a very intelligent, sensible person who WOULD NOT waste my time or anyone else's making up stories and asking for help on fantasies. I am a devout Christian and would not lie about anything like this. My experiences are real, my fears are real, and my plea for help is real.

I would greatly appreciate any response to this article. I would really like to hear from people who've maybe experienced something similar to this. I know it was long but I just needed to get it all out. Thank you sincerely for reading and in advance for your replies.

Other hauntings by blessed

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blessed, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

galuv_lilloka (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-14)
shoot I would be scared too. I don't know for sure if this could be happening to you but do you think there could be something following you?
Shadowsofthepast (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
Listen I think you do have a demon in there so it's probably trying to have a little 'fun' by taunting you most demons reside in homes that have dark pasts so try looking up the houses past to pinpoint the origin of the demon coming there
EyesWideOpen (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-08)
Blessed,

I am fairly sure that these dark spirits are attracted to places where there are strong feelings of fear, anger, hate, lust, murder, and various other negative emotions and attitudes. I'm not accusing you. On the other hand, I think they delight in tormenting people of faith. I think fear is kind of like the scent of blood in shark infested waters..., big trouble.

I used to tune my radio to my favorite Christian station and leave it play all day while I was gone to work. I used any and all kinds of strategy to make my house as uncomfortable for "them" as possible.

When I came home from work, I would spend some considerable time in prayer (devotions). I would sometimes go through the house with some olive oil that I used to anoint and bless my home inviting the Holy Spirit to dwell here any time it wished.

Try doing some of these things. Ask the Holy Spirit for guidance and protection. Place your faith in the authority of Jesus' Holy name, and then don't be afraid to use it. I sincerely hope some of this helps.

AngelaListedMIA,

I expressed the same thought about paranormal activity increasing because I've been reading people's stories at these various websites, however, I did make it clear to many readers that God tells "us" to think on these things, whatsoever is just, good, kind, of good report, beautiful, and the list goes on. I understand cause and effect. I'm not looking for trouble, and I'm not easily swayed or scared either. I was raised in a Christian faith, and many of my relatives either were or still are in the ministry. I'm in my fifties now, and I'm not about to forget years of listening to and practicing a Christian faith. Keep your guard up. ❤
barney (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-12)
ditto what Jitow said, I went for years after my divorce with same kind of thing... I was freaked out scared until I read and researched everything I could get my hands on. My pastor recommended antideppressants, no I didn't go that way, it was too real. I built my faith through knowlage in the Lord and my rebukes turn from fear to anger to plan annoyance through growin maturity of knowlage. Remember Satan is a toothless and clawless lion, seekin to devour SCARED CHRISTAINS... I can't remember the last attack, but I remember the first one quite well, when I have time I will share the story of JODY... Yea it spoke to me first time around... Well hope this helps you...
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-12)
Something to ponder: Perhaps those who have a "broader view of the Bible" don't have these experiences because these broad-minded people aren't considered a threat to Satan?

Lisa
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-12)
I am not saying that you couldn't have some sort of spirit in the house but maybe it's just a case of religious hsyteria too. When people are taught a religion that is fear based (devils/ demons) it's not a wonder they automatically feel they are being attacked spiritually. I have issues with this, being the basis for many a mental condition brought on by a persecution complex. I too am a Christian but I don't believe in demons or a devil other than the ones caused by our own egos. I would be curious what your pastor would have to say about what is happening to you. Thing is, it's just happening to you not anyone else in the house. That tells me something right there. You sound very sincere and I hope you get the help you need. I am not belittling your experience but it always amazes me how many people that take the bible literally seem to have these demonic experiences while others don't who have a broader view of the bible.
jsm36 (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-11)
You will possibly be aware of a condition called 'sleep paralysis', which explains a lot of your problem. It's where you wakes up abruptly from the rapid eye movement stage of sleep (the stage that dreaming typically occurs in). So abruptly, in fact, that the body is still largely 'asleep': paralysed, except for the eyes (a mechanism designed to stop us acting out our dreams) and likely hallucinating (the brain chemicals that cause dreaming are still flowing in high volumes). These hallucinations are *extremely* vivid; so much so, in fact, that many people refuse to accept that such realistic visions can be completely imagined, even though the experience is entirely explained. The 'good' news is that doctors can treat it, whether with drugs or psychotherapy, so go see one!
As regards your, and others', 'feelings' about this room it would be wise to take them with a pinch of salt at this moment, especially with your history of sleep paralysis, which can be caused by, and indeed be a cause of, anxiety. I, for one, occasionally have episodes of sleep paralysis (it is very common), and even with an understanding of it I often find myself questioning whether my bedroom is in fact haunted! The human brain is a powerful machine! Don't let yourself be fooled - explore the logical answers first.
blessed (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-11)
Thanks to everyone who replied to my story. You all gave wonderful, concerned advice. I believe that you all are right that this is just a test of my faith. Thank you, Jitow, for your input because you brought out a point that I already knew but didn't want to admit. God did NOT give us the spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind. This is my own fear that the Lord must be trying to eliminate with this test. I've started reading my Bible before I go to sleep and placing it, open, next to me when I sleep. I also prayed that the Lord would remove whatever evil spirits there are in the house. This seems to be helping because I've slept peacefully every night since that voice dream. I thank you all sincerely for your concern and prayers! I agree with Lisamaxw that the devil sees us faithful, chosen Christians as deterrents to his plan. I'm persuaded that the Lord is watching over me and that I will become a stronger believer in the Lord because of this. I can't help but still feel blessed! If anything else happens, I'll try to keep you all posted. God bless you!
littlerodeogirl (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-11)
Wow scary stuff. Umm, well, I am subject to dreams involving dead children with depressing stories, so I know the dread behing what you are experiencing. I am a devoted Christian, as you. If I had a dread about a room, I would pray near the room, keep holy water around and sprinkle it in front of my door. I have a big bible collection, so I would seperate it, keep the Holy bible on my headboard, my study bible in a shelf near the hall. Keep the childrens story bibles near the couch. Have a cross on each wall and wear one. Possibly even get someone to bless the house and listen to music when you sleep, it helps disconnect you and may help you "get up" next time.
aherr (4 stories) (46 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-10)
For my mom's situation, she could sense that sometimes her relationship with God is so faraway. Sometimes she wants to die, sees things, or have nightmares. I kept joking with her was because she not believing in God. It depends how strong your relationship and your belief.

Blessed, I understand how you feel. I'll keep you in my prayers

You may email me if you want to chat.
Aherr.ameriplan [at] live.com
aherr (4 stories) (46 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-10)
Hi Blessed,

I'm a Christian too. Let Lord the control you. That's what my mom said. She used to encounter a bad spirit in an apartment down in Texas. She said that night she couldn't sleep, my son was crying, and she kept having nightmares. She had small pinch of blood on her forehead and have no clue where it came from nor have any deep cuts on her forehead. One night she put a lot of Bibles surrounding her and pray to God. She said God I am all yours, I am tired of defeating of this bad evil demon, I lay my life upon you. You are in charge of me. If something happens to me tonight, I will be in heaven with you. That night, my mom slept so well, she didn't have nightmares, my son didn't cry, and she didn't feel anything eerie around her until she moved out.

My mom said a man must have died here long time ago.

Don't be afraid, tell the demons/ bad spirit that you and God are in charge of this house. Have your pastor and some member of your church come over to pray and bless your house/apartment. Usually that's what we do when we feel our faith is distance from God.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-10)
Christ did not give us the spirit of fear. It is your fear that is opening the door to this. Put all of your faith in Him and when the feeling comes on simply say God Rebuke you. What ever it is hears you plead the blood of Jesus but your fear is telling it something else. Maybe that you are a child of God but your trust in Him to protect you is not as strong as it should be. Claim all of the promises that God has made to protect you and build your trust in Him until you are not affraid. Then this thing will flee because you are filled with the trust that comes from God. It is one thing to claim it and another to live it. Tell this thing that you are a child of the Most High and that the Almighty is with you. As soon as you feel scared just say God Rebuke You" have faith and let God fight this battle for you. Read your Bible and pray every night, leave your Bible open on your night stand. It is probably testing you, you need to be brave and unleash Gods Power through prayer and rebuking. Work on it and let me know how things are going.
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-10)
Blessed -- what a wonderful name and affirmation! The fact that you've chosen this as a screen name is, indeed, a testament to your faith!

I'm so sorry for your distress -- but the fact that you are experiencing this torment tells me that YOU'RE ON THE RIGHT PATH. The "Evil One" is trying to scare you off-course, to shake your faith, to make you DOUBT the Truth that has been awakened within you. So while it's a pain in the patootie to have to deal with this taunting, remember that -- because of your saving faith! -- the "Evil One" sees YOU as a deterrent to his plans!

My advice to you, my fellow Christian -- Have confidence that God is at work in your life and is watching over you, even in this distress. He is allowing your faith to be strengthened (like a muscle! You're getting a spiritual work-out!) so that it might be refined and used for God's purposes in the future. Claim the inheritance that your faith allows you to claim, and invoke the protection of our Savior.

If this happens again, PROCLAIM OUT LOUD that you belong to Christ, and IN HIS NAME, the spirit who is taunting you IS NOT WELCOME and MUST LEAVE.

And above all -- remember who you are -- "BLESSED!"

You are in my prayers.

Lisa
ijaibarra (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-10)
hi I'm a christian and have understand completely what you going through. The same thing happens to me too. Off and on every couple of months it comes and goes. I think your right by saying that we are more a target for the demons to mess with us because of our relation ship with god. But all they can do is scare you. God allows stuff to happen in order to test your faithfulness to him and that you won't turn your back on him when things get tuff. You know to make you a stronger christian. Good luck. You could get your house blessed but if the priest is not experianced at doing so it will make it worst. Good luck.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-10)
I believe that you must be having a hardtime right now. Some people are less affraid of spirits others are terrified. I to am a christian and faith and praying all help in this manner. I did a blessing in my home and it helped but otheres say that it doesn't work all the time. And aI think that maybe true. I would suggest doing a smudge ceremony. This is a better way of cleaning the house. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Snags67 (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-09)
I think you should talk to your pastor and ask for help. Just reading this has my blood pumping! I will keep you in my prayers for sure!

Kris
AngelaListedMIA (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-09)
I am also a Christain, and I am so sorry that you are going through this.
I have had trouble sleeping the last couple months. I can feel that evil is there waiting to seep into my mind and take control. I just clutch my pillow and pray allowed.
One of the only suggestions that I could think of is to read the bible allowed before bed. Tell whatever is there that your house is a temple of God and that you are one of his children.
I read that evil spirits hate to hear Jesus's name. Just do as you have been doing saying allowed, "I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins. Through the blood of the lamb I will rejoin him in heaven. You are not welcome here. Be gone in the name of Jesus Christ!"

This may be coincidence, but the more that I go on this site, the worse it gets. It could be my imagination, or it could be because I'm giving these things attention that they shouldn't be given.
I hope that it leaves you alone.
Please keep me updated. YOu can even e-mail me
AngelaDarlingMail [at] yahoo.com

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: