You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: If I Had Said Yes to the Ghost Nurse

Real Ghost Stories

If I Had Said Yes to the Ghost Nurse

 

This amazing experience occurred when I was about three or four years old, years before what happened to me in my other story, The Presence, and in a different apartment. We lived in a pretty bad neighborhood at the time. Many people died there from shootings, stabbings, and the such. This is a bit of a tangent but it helps to show how dangerous the neighborhood was.

On a certain night, my cousins were visiting and we were watching t.v. When we heard the doorbell ring. Considering how dangerous the neighborhood was, my mom motioned for us all to become silent while she peered out the peep-hole to see who was at the door. I, being young and stupid, peeped out of our big front window which was next to the door. What I saw was a man dressed all in black standing at our door with a knife in one hand and a gun in the other. My mom quickly motioned for me to get out of the window and I did before the guy could see me. He eventually left leaving us unharmed. Thank God! Now back to the main story.

This apartment had a long staircase that led upstairs to three bedrooms and one bathroom. The bathroom was on the immediate left while the three bedrooms were to the right on alternating sides of the hallway. Being young and afraid of the dark, I would sometimes sleep with my mom. On this particular night, I woke up beside my mom finding myself in need of a bathroom. It was eerily dark and silent that night so I figured that I'd go do my business as quickly as possible and then run back in bed with mommy. I stepped out into the hallway and made my way to the bathroom. Before reaching the bathroom, one would have to pass by the staircase. As I did, I saw something that was the beginning of an experience I don't think I'll ever forget. Coming silently up the stairs toward me was a young blond nurse. She was pushing one of those hospital emergency beds and upon it was the figure of a person covered from head to toe with a white sheet. Mind you, these beds usually have wheels that should squeak and generally make a lot of noise hitting the steps when pushed up a staircase. However, the bed made no sound at all as she wheeled it up to me! When she came near enough to speak with me (oddly, I don't remember feeling fear while I spoke with her, only curiosity) she said something that has horrified me ever since I could remember it.

Nurse: Will you keep this body for me?

Now, I had no intention of "keeping a body" for anybody so I responded very plainly.

Me: No.

The nurse again asked, "Will you keep this body for me?" and I again said, "No..." I got the feeling that she wanted to go somewhere and leave the body with me but I also got the feeling that If I kept it there was no assurance that she would return to get it back.

We repeated this a few times-the nurse asking me to keep the body and me firmly refusing.

Finally, the nurse said something like, "I'll show you," as she lifted the white sheet of off the face of the body. What I saw immediately replaced my curiosity with terror. I saw a bloody face so disfigured with cuts and bruises that I think an immediate family member would have a hard time recognizing it.

After showing me this, the nurse had the nerve to ask me one more time , "Will you keep this body for me?"

I looked from the horrible face to her and said, "No!"

At this, the nurse somehow wheeled the bed around and began to walk down the staircase without a sound until she reached the bottom and disappeared.

I don't remember if I used the bathroom after but I do remember jumping back in bed with my mom and cuddling next to her for the rest of the night. I told my mom and she thinks that the nurse possibly could've been someone who was murdered in the apartment considering how dangerous the neighborhood was.

I am not known to be one who makes up things like this and, seriously, how could a toddler come up with such a vivid and disturbing story? To this day I don't understand why the nurse wanted me to keep the body and I still wonder what would have happened if I had said yes...

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas that could answer these questions I'd really like to know!

Other hauntings by blessed

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blessed, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Laurenrox (7 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2010-08-17)
If you kept the body the police probably would have come to search your hoe and then arrested your family and if you told them what happened you probably would have gone to some mental hospital.
Jamey1976 (5 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
That scenario makes me think she was vying for your permission to use YOUR body, as in possession.
x_Zeebles (1 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-28)
uhm, well, obviously this nurse had failed to save a life at the hospital she worked at, and felt it was her fault, I do feel bad for you though. Also, she was trying to get her burden onto you, to decide what to do with it, had you said yes, I strongly believe that you probably would have been trapped in purgatory eternally. I'm sorry if that last part had scared you, but, shiat happens... I guess
blessed (3 stories) (14 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-27)
Thank you, everyone, for your thoughts and ideas! Dream or no dream, I guess the nurse was somehow trying to place her burden on my shoulders so that she could move on. I'm glad that I didn't accept it! Your comments have helped to lead me to this conclusion and I can now have closure on an issue that has bothered me all these years. Thanks again!
Also, read my other story, The Presence, and tell me what you think!
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-25)
A very intresting title and story! Well I say the nurse was tring to get rid of the body so she could go to the other side without worring about it, and since she knew you somehow, she thought and hoped you would take it.Wow...did I just hear that from the nurse? Becuase in my head I heard someone's voice saying this as I typed it out...Scary0.oBut yet again they tell me. Anywho I think taht's it.
asje (7 stories) (20 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-24)
It could well be that she was trying to put her burden on your shoulder. My brother was once coming home from the movies. It must've been around 2:00 am. All of a sudden an old lady carrying a seemingly heavy basket on her head, asked him to help her with it, for she was tired and they were heading the same way. He wanted to take the basket, but got goosebumps all over. So he said he couldn't and hurried home. Remembering her saying they were heading the same way he turned around, and she was nowhere to be seen. Our elders explained that this 'old lady' wanted to transport her burden over to my brother.
paggark (4 stories) (25 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-24)
From all the stories I read, this one is the most interesting of all. Like summer_star7 said there most of been someone who died in your neighborhood at that time. If you had said yes to the nurse, there would have been some encounters that you and your mother would have experienced maybe no stop. That bloody body would have followed you every where you go maybe until you tell it to go away.
Have a good day Blessed 😁
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-24)
Oh blessed the human mind is open to suggestions from the other realm as well as this one during our sleep cycle as our mental defenses are lowered during that time. It could have come from a number of things. You stated you were afraid of the dark. Do you know what that fear stemmed from? Could have been something you were told by an older sibling. Or as I suggested it could have been a message delievered in a dream to you from another side. Also after speaking with a friend, they stated it could have been a past life memory being brought forward. I did enjoy your story though and thank you once again for sharing it.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
blessed (3 stories) (14 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-24)
Thanks for the comments everyone! I agree that this is one of the more strange ghost stories which is why it has baffled me all these years (about 15 or 16 years). It's possible that it was a dream as Shane suggested but it was so vivid and detailed and I honestly don't know where I would've gotten those images because our mom never let us watch anything more traumatizing than Barney at such a young age. 😆 She (the nurse) must've been desperate to get rid of the body but to try and put it off on some toddler doesn't seem very nice to me! Anyway, hopefully she'll find peace one day.
Also, I don't know what would've happened if I had said, "Yes," but I get a feeling that it wouldn't have been nice.
summer_starz7 (12 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-23)
😕 this IS a different story mabey the guy that was all bloody and stuff died in the neiboorhood and the nurse along with him. This is strange
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-23)
I have to say that this is one of the more difficult ones for me. I don't know if you experienced a paranormal event or if you were having a lucid dream. I will say it is a very interesting story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-23)
Blessed, That is one of the most different stories I have ever heard. I think you made the right decision. The nurse was confused and not sure how to alleviate herself of her burden or put all the pieces of her existence together. It is sad to say, but it was not something you as a kid could help her with and she had to keep her burden. I wanna know what YOU think would have happened if you gave a "Yes..."

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: