You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: The Presence

Real Ghost Stories

The Presence

 

I've experienced many things in my life that many would consider paranormal. A fact about me is that I'm a Christian and very religious which, I believe, attributes to the reason why I have experienced such things. I've pondered these experiences for many years and am glad that I can now relate them to others without fearing ridicule or disbelief.

I am now nineteen years old now and this particular experience occurred when I was thirteen or fourteen. In my old apartment in east Athens, Georgia, I always had the feeling that something dwelt in this little apartment along with my family and I. It felt like something or someone was always watching me and I knew it wasn't benevolent because whenever I sensed it, I got the feeling that I should be very cautious of the presence.

Our apartment had three bedrooms upstairs. My brother's was almost directly across from the staircase, my mom and sister's was down the hall on the side of the staircase, and mine was at the end of the hall. My room was the worst because that's where the presence was most felt. At times I would be in my brother's room and would sense something come out of my room, stand at the door of my brother's room, and just stare at me. I never heard, saw, or smelled anything. It was just a strong SENSE of something there.

One night, my brother and I switched bedrooms and I was lying on the floor reading a book near the door. I guess I fell asleep there and a few hours later I awoke VERY suddenly. I realized that I had fallen asleep on the floor and was about to get up into the bed when I looked in the hallway towards my former room. I again sensed something sinister come out of the room and stop at my door.

Suddenly, (it's hard to explain even now) I became immobilized there on the floor. I couldn't move or speak and I felt a great pressure around my head while my vision became blurry. Actually, my vision was strange. Consider the television fuzz or static that shows when there's no reception of a channel. Well that's similar to how my vision was then. I could still see everything but it was like the fuzz was mixed in with it. Simultaneously, in my head it felt like two forces were fighting each other-fighting over me!

As I stated before, I'm a very religious person and suddenly I began to say Jesus in my head - it wasn't even a conscious decision - I just began to say it in my head! As I said Jesus! In my head, it felt like one of the forces was getting stronger and overpowering the other. Soon the stronger force - which I KNOW was Jesus - had completely overpowered the other force - the evil presence. At that moment the pressure left my head, my vision returned to normal, and I could move again.

I shot out of that bedroom and ran downstairs to watch television with the lights on! I thanked God all the way, too! I'm so glad we've moved but I don't think I'll ever forget that frightening experience.

Other hauntings by blessed

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blessed, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
What your seeing could be natural occurance of cyrstalising minerals on your eyes that move when you blink ectera and when you follow them they move to the side with your iris pushing them you just not noticing,

Thats my theory anyhow could be light presences too but I don't know ill go medical before supernatural.

~Sahdead.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
I am born again, being a pastors daughter my whole life & ordained my self for years, I have had my share in experiencing spiritual warfare, with that said I know Jesus & I know that when he enters a space the enemy flees. Not to discredit you thoughts on what happened but just to point out that maybe this was an Angel fighting a demon rather than Jesus him self. Just a thought.

~~LSD~~
IamWAHID (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
By the way,
this entity you call "ghosts" are everywhere... But some of them don't bother to disturb or appear to you.
IamWAHID
IamWAHID (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
No,
they are not orbs. Things that you see are too thin to be orbs and also orbs intensity of light is less than what you see... But don't take it too seriously, its nothing great. Its like when you feel dizzy these things appear around the corners of you eyes. But if try to look at them, you cant. And I also know what you mean by that kind of "lost TV signals" vision in the dark, even that happened to me but only once. But don worry. There's nothing wrong with you.
peace.
IamWAHID
blessed (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-02)
Thanks for replying IamWAHID! Are you saying that they're orbs? I had an experience with a presence in my old apartment but I've been in my new one for about 6 months and I don't think there are ghosts here. What exactly do you mean by vision powers?
IamWAHID (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-02)
Yes ,
Exactly the same thing happens to me, but not to worry... They will never harm you. Take it as an enhancement to your vision powers.
to know more... Reply. And we can get in details.
IamWAHID
blessed (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-01)
I need help! If anyone can give an explanation for what I've been seeing, I'd greatly appreciate it. Just about all the time, I see white, misty spheres in the corners of my eyes and they appear to be floating around my face and head. What really gets me is that sometimes I'll watch one out of the corner of my eye and it'll go near the side of my head and when it does, I feel a sort of tingly sensation there. What on earth am I seeing?! Are they orbs? Or are they some common phenomenon that I'm just not aware of? Does anyone have any idea? 😕
blessed (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-11)
Hi, I'm Josh the author. I published this before I got an account. Thanks for your concern, CearysAwesome! I always felt nervous whenever I was upstairs by myself but nothing happened after this experience. I think that when Jesus defeated the evil spirit, it was no longer allowed to mess with me. We actually moved about six or seven years after this incident. There are other paranormal experiences that occurred years before this one. I will publish them soon. Hope you read them, also!
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-11)
wow. Josh,
That sounds really terrifying. I too am a Christian. I believe that the thing was a demonic prescence or some kind of evil spirit or entity. I am glad that you are safe and not hurt by the thing. Did anything else happen after that? Did you move out of the house soon after? What happened?

Ceary

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: