You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Too Much for Me to Take

Real Ghost Stories

Too Much for Me to Take

 

Hi, my name is Brian and I'm from Swords, in Dublin. I've lived in my parents house for the past 19 years and a lot of strange stuff has happened during that time, from lights flashing on and off to radio stations tuning themselves in. I'm 21 now and it seams that most of the stuff that has happened in the house mainly happened to me.

I've heard a lot of stuff in the house and have got used to it, then one night I woke from my sleep and I couldn't move or speak. I hated when it happened but as it happened so many times I started to get used to it to, one night in my bedroom, I had just laid new wooden floors in my room and I was sleeping on the floor on a mattress. I turned the light off and was ready to go to sleep, as I'm a messy person, I had left all the old chopped up floors in the corner of my room, I was just about to fall asleep and I heard the loose wood being moved up and down my floors in my room as if they were been pushed up and down. When I opened my eyes there was a man all dressed in black, just standing over me and looking down at me. I couldn't see his face clearly, and to tell you the truth I sh**t myself. My mom's friend has a 6th sense and she has also saw the man on a few occasions and also two woman at different times. But this is what I'm more worried about.

I moved out of the house 3 weeks ago to become a man and I'm now renting a house with my friend, a 5 minutes walk from my parents house. The first night was deadly, we had a few drinks (you know the usual). Then about a day or two later, we started to hear noises in the house and we put it off to being next door. The friend I'm living with never believed me and always laughed when I told him what happened in my mom's house. I've since had to check every room in the house and the wardrobes on 5 different occasions because I thought there was someone in the house. Noises of footsteps up stairs and banging of presses and doors.

On wednesday night, I was in bed and was just dosing off until I heard the front door open and close. When I opened my eyes, I couldn't move, it felt like a tone of bricks on me, I did sh**t myself at first but was able to talk myself out of being afraid. I was stuck like this for about 5 minutes and while I was like this, I could hear whispering, but couldn't make out what it was saying. Then I started to wonder if it was following me, I know it's a bit crazy but ah well. Stuff has been happening all week but last night took the biscuit. Me and my girlfriend were laying on the bed talking and we heard what sounded like a man whistle, I wasn't going to say anything because I didn't think she heard it, but she did, we both went white and were going to leave the house.

Now this is where I need help. I'm going to bless the house tonight and I don't know what's going to happen. I phoned a priest and he said it should be ok. What should I do? Please help, thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-04)
I realize this is a bit after the fact, but I must say I am extremely curious to hear how this has turned out.

Did the blesing help? Are you still having issues?
God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-24)
I know this experience may be over and done with, but I sincerely hope that you also cleansed yourself when you blessed the house. If your house is blessed and clean of all unwanted presence, then you go back in, what ever MAY be with you goes back in too. I am not saying that you are the cause of these happenings, frankly I do not know, but IF that is the case, this is just an extra precaution that should be looked into. Thanks for the story.
tim (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-24)
Pray to God every night. He is above all you have to believe in your prayers and they will be answerd. Sometimes even unanswered prayers are for the best. Only God knows
Mara (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-13)
Hi Brian, I think you are going in the right direction to help yourself. Maybe try another priest? Unfortunately, many priests in this modern age don't believe in this kind of thing, much less know how to deal with it. Also, my suggestion: don't wait until something happens before you use the Holy Water. Use it now, and every day for the rest of your life. Say the Prayer to St. Michael, and become more devout in your own spirituality. This would be my advice. Take Care, and I will say a prayer for your.
jeya (4 stories) (30 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-21)
so hows the house been since you had it blessed?
an what you said about it getting worse I dunno... I have always heard that even if you bless a house it may go away for a little while but then it comes back.
but I wish you good luck... Hope all has been well
gillo (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-12)
Hi, Thanks for your comments. I haven't yet blessed the house yet I kind of got to afraid because I'v herd some stories that blessing the house could make it worse. I have two sets of rosery beeds in my room now at both sides of my bed and a bottle of holy water next to me so if worse comes to worst I can use it. I know it's only been a few days but things don't seem to bad. I'l let you know how I get on in the next few days.

Thank's guy's
Gillo
XoXA.Girl-- (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-12)
Have you blessed the house already? I hope everything is ok now! Talk to you later!
mathy (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-11)
Im totally agree with you, Martin...Gillo.based on your experience... I think you being haunted and followed by the spirit. Should use both method to chase the spirit out and blessing the house...(for future protections. Find out either the house is haunted or the person.

Thank You
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-03-10)
I'm glad you found a priest to help you out gillo. It seems you're the one who's being haunted, not a place in particular, so you might want to mention that to the priest, he might use a different ritual in this case.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: