You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: It Is Trying To Take Me

Real Ghost Stories

It Is Trying To Take Me

 

My name is Kerry, Lets start from the beginning, I was 16 years old and living with my parents, I remember everything like it was yesterday.

I was laying in bed having trouble falling asleep in fact I was wide awake I had to catch the bus at 7 am so I was mad that I was still awake. I looked up at the clock, it was 12 midnight. I went to turn on my side, when all of the sudden from the start of my feet the blanket started to tighten up the next thing I know I could not move anything but my eyes. I was trying to scream but it was as if my voice was taken. Everything was so intense all I could see was a very dark shadow. I started praying for god to help me then within seconds it stopped.

I leaned up in my bed trying to grasp what had just happened. When I realized what had happened was very real I got up and ran into my mom's room. She woke up and immediately asked me what was wrong because she said I was pale and looked scared out of my mind. I told her what had happened and she believed me immediately. I have never been so scared in my life.

The next day she anointed my door and windows but I wasn't ready to sleep in there again. Months past and I started to forget what had happened until one night when I was in the living room late at night. I turned facing the couch and from my feet to my head it was happening all over again once again. I couldn't scream, couldn't move so I began to pray for gods help again and within seconds it was gone.

Feeling alone and scared it wasn't long until I moved out of my parents house. I moved into an apartment with a friend and everything was going great it had been a year and nothing had happened then one night while laying in my bed it happened again. It feels like someone is trying to take over me, like something trying to get in. I resist and resist.

Now this started happening when I was 16 and I am 23 now and it still happens. It even happened once with my boyfriend in bed with me and he didn't wake for any of it because I lay there helpless.

I have come to the fact that something is after me and I do believe that it is demonic forces trying to possess me. And I think that if I wasn't so strong in my beliefs of the lord that it would have gotten me.

I almost feel like it's a battle for my soul.

If anyone else has experienced this or has anything to say please let me know. I will keep you updated on the next attack.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, karoline420, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Iluvanimals8 (4 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-10)
Hey! There is nothing to fear. You are doing great! God is with you and you shall continue to pray when it happens. But, I do not know exactly what it is that is causing this. I have lived in a haunted house before and somthing similar happened to my sister.

P.S. When you use the Lord's name, please capitalize it.

your helper,
daughter of Christ ❤
live_life_lightly (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-31)
Hey Kerry,
The first thing that I want to say is that you were absolutely right to rely on God. I don't know much about "sleep paralysis", but I can tell you that in my experience, sprinkling salt in water or getting crucifixes is not going to help you much at all (no offense to anyone else). If this is a demon, then the only thing that is going to help you is your faith and your relationship with God. You don't have to believe me; feel free to try whatever you want. (Although I would advise against witchcraft.) What I would suggest that you do is pray before you go to sleep. Ask God for protection. If and when you are confronted with this problem again, you need to stand up for yourself. You are in control of your life, not this thing. God has freed you from that kind of opression. I have found that using bible verses helps because it gives you something to focus on, and may give you courage. A good passage from the bible is Psalm 91, and another that has helped me is Proverbs 3:24-26.
I have to be honest and say that normally I am the last one who would try to offer you religious advice. Reading what you've written struck a chord with me, because I used to suffer from something similar. Sometimes I wouldn't be able to move or speak. It was terrifying. I dreaded going to sleep each night, because I never knew what would happen. What if this thing got me? I had a very, very close call one night, and I was getting desperate. This problem had been going on for months. It is hard to live your life with that kind of distraction, and all kinds of doubt can set in. Then someone gave me similar advice, and by and by the night terrors ceased. Your problem might not go away right away; you have to work on it. You have to be certain of what you say, and take authority over your words. If you can't speak it, think it. It will help. I hope that this helps you. Don't stop fighting it. Good luck!
bankskank (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-30)
the same thing has happened to me from when I was small. Once I even sensed a dog like creature beside me. Recently I got the feeling that whatever it was took great delight in scaring me and I could almost hear it "giggling" as I lay there unable to fight back. However I eventually lost my temper with whatever was trying to scare me and told it in no uncertain terms where to go, that I wasn't afraid of it, just very annoyed. Since then I haven't sensed it in the room and the attacks have stopped, although whatever it is is still around the house. Don't show fear, be strong.
DeadGirlsGhost (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-29)
I think Dante has the best thought Karoline. But if you can't find any of those things (or feel if its not enough) go to a local witch craft store ro some where and get protection amulets. I have read up on this, and my 14 year old friend had the same thing happen to her. But not only could she not move, her covers were pulled off of her.
pie1025 (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-29)
Please keep us updated! I recently had difficulties with my sleep after I moved to my new apartment. Smudging with sage and blessing with incense had helped too. When I sleep, I pray to my God and angels to protect me while I am asleep.
Good luck to you!
karoline420 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-28)
Thank you all so much for your suggestions. I do not think that it is sleep paralysis, I sleep usually on my side and always with a pillow. And I can't explain how awake and alert I am. I know what's happening around me. I honestly feel in my heart of hearts that its something demonic, its so intense and just a feeling of cold fear if that makes sense. I am going to try the salt thing tonight. And once again thank you all so much, its a good feeling to know that I am not alone.
Konjou84 (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-28)
that happened to me so many times up to the point where I'm not even scared at all when it happens. All if I'm to tired to argue I just say "please stop, I have to wake up early tomorrow..." and it'll stop immediatly or after a few seconds. If I get mad enough I just either stay quiet and I keep my eyes open but I'm showing in my face expression how mad I am. It stops quickly I tell you. 😉
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-28)
I agree this sounds like sleep paralysis. I sugest reading up on that maybe it will make it a less frightening event for you. I Understand You think it's demonic but most people tended to.
pie1025 (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-28)
Hi Kerry,
Thanks for sharing your story. I have had similar experiences during sleep, it used to happen soon after hitting bed mostly. I later discovered its called Sleep Paralysis - not sure if its the same with you.
Sleep paralysis happens if you sleep with face up (and not using a pillow), you may be able to find out more over internet if you think that's the case with you.
The salt method I know of goes like this - Take a glass of water, add some salt to it, keep it at your bedside (or any room you want to clear), leave it for 24 hrs. The next day, throw the water in the sink followed by flushing with the tap water. It is believed that salt water absorbs negativities and has purifying effect. I have done this in the past when I had problems in my apartment before.
Hope this helps!
karoline420 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-28)
Thank you Dante, I have never heard of salt around the bed what is that about?
dante0 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-28)
WOW! That seems very scary. You could always get a crusafix to stop the demons or line your bed with salt.

Good luck with the situation!

~Dante~ 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: