You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: He Wouldn't Take No For An Answer

Real Ghost Stories

He Wouldn't Take No For An Answer

 

Despite the fact that I have seen quite the amount of negativity towards the use of Ouija boards on this site, I still have decided to go ahead with sharing what I experienced several months ago. It is something I have struggled with sharing for quite sometime, as it has already been a difficult thing to share with others within my tight circle. But I still feel it needs to be shared.

I've known about Ouija boards for most of my life and have always regarded them as anything but a game. Therefore, I've held a great deal of respect for them. I'm aware that there are differing opinions here when it comes to Ouija boards and to each their own. I'm not sharing the following experience to try to persuade anyone to believe what I believe, or really to believe what actually happened to me. It's more of an outlet so to speak.

I had my first Ouija experience earlier this year which only added fuel to my already sparked interest and curiosity when it came to dealing with such matters. It wasn't by any means the most active session I'd heard of and by far I have held quite a few active sessions after that first time. But all it took was that one time and my interest was hooked. I never once considered it to be a game, but the idea of the possibility of "contact" with the other realm was appealing, I have to admit, and yes, there was that certain level of excitement. I only held sessions with the people I trusted most and who had already had experience in that area.

After speaking with my thirteen year old sister, Lex, one afternoon, the subject of Ouija boards was brought into the mix of the other topics we were speaking about. She confessed that she had always been curious about the board, but had never wanted to take part in a session unless it was with someone she knew she could completely trust. I was hesitant to consider allowing her to experience it, but rather her do it with me as opposed to someone else and assuring that she knew it was not a game, was something that had to be taken seriously and was to be respected, I agreed to hold a session with her.

Several nights later after I arrived home from work, Lex and I held our first Ouija session together, along with her friend J who was over for the night. I explained and stressed the rules as clearly as I could and assured that the two of them understood before we proceeded. That first session was more successful and active than I would have predicted. The spirit we contacted was rather benign in nature, but was also to a point distressed. Voice recorders were recording at all times during the session and we managed to capture a rather clear EVP begging for help that leads me to the above conclusion. Sessions held after that point were both successful whereas some were not.

A week or so passed and on a night that another of Lex's friends, Tas, was over, we decided to hold another Ouija session. The night started off as any other previous night that we'd held a session. We set up the board on the floor in Lex' bedroom and turned out the lights. With me on one side of the board, Lex and Tas sat across from me. We made several attempts of contact, but each contacted the same two spirits, an "older gentleman" and a "young female child". Neither were willing to speak with us each time they came through the board, so we decided to take a short break and change the location.

Moving the board into Lex's bathroom a short while later, we started another session. After everything that happened, I realized that was one of our first big mistakes and something I feel so foolish to have overlooked in the first place. Immediately I could feel the change in atmosphere once the session had begun; the air almost seemed thick with negativity and my senses started going wild, especially with the energy I felt coming from the planchette moving across the board.

"Are there any spirits present in the room with us?" I questioned, to which the planchette slowly moved to 'Yes'. Proceeding, I asked whether it was male or female (it answered 'M' for male) and then I asked if it could spell its name. I will not be sharing the name here.

The atmosphere in the room continued to change and I started to get uneasy, but wishing not to startle both Lex and Tas, I kept my senses finely tuned into the situation and proceeded a little bit further. "Can you please tell us your age?" It would not give an answer, so I rephrased the question. "Can you please tell us what year you were born?"

"A very long time ago..."

I heard it in my mind, clear as day, a voice that was not my own and was that that sounded "male". My eyes snapped up to look at Lex and Tas, but they did not appear to have heard it. That's when my senses started pulling me in every direction with warning. I knew it was time to close the session off. The planchette then started moving on its own before I could mention to Lex and Tas that we were going to end the session.

"V-e-u" It started to spell.

Lex looked at me, her face suddenly puzzled. "View?"

The planchette moved to "Yes", to which it then immediately spelt, "V-i-e-w *****."

My heart started to race and in my mind, visions of what was about take place started to slowly materialize. I realized suspicions I had been ignoring were being confirmed and I took authority. "No, nobody is viewing anyone," I spoke firmly. "We are here tonight to talk only, not to view. If you don't want to talk, then we are going to close the session."

The planchette quickly went to 'no' and started to spell, once again, "V-i-e-w *****".

"We are going to say goodbye now," I stated, looking to Lex and Tas to make sure they understood, but the planchette zipped to 'no' a second time. "We need to say goodbye," I stressed and together the three of us pushed the planchette to goodbye and Lex reached up to turn the light on.

My mind was racing as we sat there trying to catch our bearings. We briefly discussed what had happened when Lex asked what I thought we should do. I answered, "Lets take the board back into your room for a while to give it a rest and then we'll decide whether or not we want to give it another go." I had no intention of holding another session that night.

Lex suddenly jolted and looked directly at me. "Oh my God..." she gasped. "He is so p*ssed at you right now!"

She proceeded to tell me she felt "him" breeze right through her when I suggested we move the board back into her room and that she could hear "him" saying "he" was angry because I had told "him" no, that I had started something and "he" wanted it finished. Tas insisted we leave the bathroom and we stepped outside onto the back deck so I could smoke. Things started to go downhill at that point.

I was sitting in one of the chairs on the deck (which is extremely tiny) and Lex was sitting in the other chair, with a round table separating us while Tas remained standing. Suddenly Lex started to complain that "he" wouldn't leave her alone and "he" was really hurting her back. It got to the point where she was gripping the arms of the chair and arching forward, but she couldn't rise to her feet. Before I knew what was happening, I was at her side, my hand on her head, demanding that whoever "he" was, that "he" leave in the name of Jesus Christ and harm Lex no more. What was so entirely odd about that moment was that it was almost like I was standing off to the side watching myself do so; I didn't understand it. Once I was able to pull Lex up from the chair, I had her turn around and pull her tank top up in the back to check for any marks where she indicated the pain had originated from. In the middle of the small of her back was a red imprint of a hand, which I took a picture of and will post on here if I ever figure out how to do so. There were also scratches that appeared on the top left hand corner of her chest.

Fast forward a slight bit and we were back out on the back deck trying to figure out what we were going to do. Lex was being terrorized by "him" and we couldn't get past it. I was becoming frustrated (not to mention freaked out because of the situation). Lex, who was once again sitting cross-legged in the chair across from me started to refuse to look at me. Something came over me, whether it was a burst of adrenaline or what, I don't know (there were several instances that morning where I did things to counter act "him" that I didn't understand how I was able to do it), but I remember telling Tas to move away from Lex (she was standing next to her) and then I told Lex to look at me. She refused, shaking her head no, on the verge of tears, but I demanded she look at me and slowly she obliged.

"I am not talking to you right now," I told her. "I am in no way talking to you, Lex. I am talking to "him". Because I know he is around and this needs to stop, so you look at me!" Lex's eyes changed and her whole demeanor was different within an instant. "What do you want from Lex, huh?" I started to demand again. "You seem to want nothing to do with Tas, only me and Lex. You tell me why! What is so good about Lex that you are doing this to her?" Lex's mouth curled into a very odd smile, a smirk of sorts is one way to describe, but it was nothing like her normal smile and the closer I looked, I could see her starting to chuckle as she glared. "That's right, go right ahead and smirk and laugh at me. You think that's going to affect me? It's not. That's my little sister you are messing with and it's going to stop right now. So you tell me what the Hell is so good about Lex that you insist on-"

Lex was up and out of her seat so quickly and lunging across the table at me that I didn't have a proper chance to react. I barely heard her say, in a voice that was not her own (again, it was a male voice), "I'll get what I want!" as Tas screamed and grabbed onto me, which I reacted by screaming and pushing Lex off of me and to the floor of the deck. Lex was immediately in tears and asking what had just happened, with no recollection of her prior actions.

Since then, the board has been removed from our place, along with several other homemade boards I'd had at the time. To this day Lex and I are still tormented by "him", despite the fact that we have attempted to cleanse the place by saging multiple times and speaking the Lord's Prayer. The torment comes in waves. I haven't done a Ouija session since and I can't say for certain whether I ever will again or not. I don't believe all sessions end up bad or that everything that comes through the board is bad. More so I believe to put it one way is that it is the luck of the draw. You don't know what you're going to get, and unless you know how to handle a situation you may get into, then things could turn bad.

Other hauntings by CJ

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CJ, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CherokeeRose527 (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-14)
Hi. I realize I'm a few years later to this discussion but I have a suggestion for you if 'he' is still around. My ex was quite into devil worship and brought evil and violent spirits into a already haunted house (my family's house) with sensitive people. Very long story short, I dumped him and of course the spirits he brought with him didn't leave. My next boyfriend had a good bit of native blood (my family does as well but never practiced or even really acknowledged it, it was just there) He had given me a blessing/chant in Cherokee (sorry, long since lost and forgotten) but it really helped and has helped continue to protect me since, as spirits like to attach themselves to me for some reason. Anyways, my advice would be to call on Native spirits to protect you and your sister. I have come across some extremely powerful bad spirits but Native spirits have been much more so and a good white light. Smudge yourself with sage again, but this time inhale some as well. This will help cleanse your soul and call upon >the creator and native guides< to protect you and your sister. Hope this helps your situation and/or any others you may encounter in the future. (Please note, by no means am I asking you not to believe and pray to your God, just adding another as well) ❤
EarthboundAngel (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-22)
This story creeped me out then and still does now, haha. I'm just glad you realized that Ouija boards can be so unpredictable with whatever can come through. Just from stories like yours and others... I don't even think a professional user can determine who comes through the window and who doesn't. I haven't touched a board since I was thirteen; way before I learned all the consequences. Not to mention it was merely the board you can purchase at Target for ten bucks.

I hope things have calmed down now.
CJ (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
MissKat,

Thank you very much for your advice. I don't take offense to it in any way. I have had pagan friends before. I am not pagan myself, though. I have smudged the place with sage. Unfortunately, the friends I called on for help (they're pagan or wiccan) the morning this all happened, they removed the board that was used, along with other homemade boards I had at the time and they disposed of the board. I heard afterward that they burned the boards, which I have heard both good and bad things about doing so, so I still honestly don't know about the result of doing that. Therefore, I have no way to do anything further with that particular board now.

For the most part, I haven't experienced anything with "him" lately, except for a day or two after Lex moved to Texas recently to live with her mom, I was putting a load of laundry into the washer and I felt "him" in Lex's bathroom staring at me and sort of felt "him" laughing quietly at me. I now question whether or not "he" is actually a demon, but I don't know if I will ever be able to find that out for sure.

Again, I do appreciate your advice, and if you would like to discuss this more, feel free to contact me through my profile page. 😊
MissKat (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
You may not believe in pegan ways but I think you need to do this. Smudge yourself and the room and the bored. Sage =].get 5 candles, red blue yellow green and purple. Green at north, and then in a cirle to the left put blue red yellow the purple beside the green. Start with yellow as you light it, welcome air, red welcome fire, blue welcome water green welcome earth purple welcome spirit, Ask that the power of your circle keep you from harm and contain "him" to the bored, pray to god, use the bored. Afterwards, in the order you lit then blow then out, thanking the elements as you go. I really don't mean to offend you, just help. I'm wican and this is what id do, but I believe in my power as a wican and so do my friends, one of them wants me to smudge her house, when I enter I feel my own "him" hes male, and likes to fallow me around the house, if I site down in a chair that has a low back and no wall behind it, he leans over me and puts his arms around me, like a lovers imbrace. IVE NEVER BEEN IN THAT HOUSE BEFOR THAT DAY. I light candles when I go, call the elements and try to talk to him, he dosent reply, but I don't think he can. Try doing the smudge candle pray bord departure thing. It might help.
CJ (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-24)
scrapmetalkitten,

Yeah, I guess you might be able to say it was a "nasty customer", but even that doesn't begin to describe it. "He" still comes around and bothers us, though it's more of a matter of not feeding "him" by giving "him" the extra attention "he" needs to gain more power.

It's taken a long time to get to the point where we've learned to take authority over what is ours and that "he" has no ownership over that. So yeah, still a nuisance, and "he" has made it clear that "he" isn't going anywhere (we'll see about that) anytime soon.

It was an eye-opener though and certainly made me realize that I'm not nearly as equipped to deal with such matters as I originally thought.

Lesson learned.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-08)
wow you sure happened to pick up a nasty customer! I think you are right it is the luck of the draw. Its like randomly dialing people on a telephone and hoping you get someone nice. Common ouija users you are telemarketing spirits, most probably don't want to be disturbed and won't be happy about the interuption either:) I don't know if I was a spirit and I got one more teenager asking me "when will I get married?" I'd be saying/doing stuff to try and scare the bejesus out of the people just because the questions would get old, boring, and irritating and cause I could do it. No wonder people have bad ouija experiences or nothing happening at all.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience and you really really need to show no fear and make that annoying spirit take a hike on back to the afterlife. Tell it you absolutely revoke any invitation you ever gave it and the doormat is no longer there to welcome it.
CJ (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-09)
L0VEPiNK07,

I hear ya. That was my boyfriend's exact statement when I told him that "he" as in the demon that we contacted attacked me through Lex -- he said she was just trying to get attention. That was such a frustrating moment because I tried so hard to make him understand that he wasn't there when it happened, so he didn't witness it. I know for a fact that Lex did not attack me on her own accord. She has no recollection of the moment that "he" attacked me.
L0VEPiNK07 (1 stories) (47 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-08)
Ah, yeah, that kind of does put you in a pinch. My boyfriend's the same way. He doesn't believe me when I tell him what I've experienced. He thinks I'm imagining things or wanting attention. I'd try and use the sage any time I could if I were you. I wish I knew what to do to help.: (I guess just keep us updated, maybe we can figure something out soon to help you and Lex.
CJ (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-08)
L0VEPiNK07,

Thanks for your suggestions and no you aren't being offensive. I am not catholic so it might be a bit awkward to get a catholic priest to come for a blessing. Then again, beggars can't be choosers in tough situations, so I don't know. Then there is two other factors that make it difficult to do any sort of cleansing/blessing process (other then the times Lex and I saged): my boyfriend and her dad (we all live in the same place). My boyfriend doesn't believe in anything that happened that morning and her dad, although he knows Lex and I are still dealing with this, doesn't necessarily believe. So it puts Lex and I in a tough position when we want to sage the place for extra cleansing.

You and I BOTH hope he stops bothering me and Lex soon (*slight chuckle*), but unfortunately, he's made it perfectly clear (through different means: dreams, thought forms, etc...) that he ain't going anywhere, at least not any time soon. And he's starting to get more people involved. Tas (the other girl who was there for the incident) recently saw him (in black shadow form) standing in the middle of her street one night.

As sad as it is to say this, I'm getting used to him pestering the crap outta me and Lex and it's starting to become particularly annoying. He's extremely sarcastic, I'll tell you that much. But the only one who thinks he's funny is himself.

Sorry for the long response.
L0VEPiNK07 (1 stories) (47 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-08)
I'm not sure what else you can really do. Maybe have a Catholic priest bless your home, especially her bathroom. Get some Holy Water from the priest and bless yourselves and your home with it also. Hope that's not offensive, if you're not religious, just what I would personally do. I hope he stops bothering yall soon.
Best of luck. ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
15 years ago (2009-10-07)
I understand now...that's even creepier...you did the right thing cutting off as soon as you could...i'm so sorry that you had such an experience...i think sometimes the not-so-good spirits feed on fear...so since you realized what was happening, he chose your sister, who isn't as experienced as you, to pick on...good luck...and please take care...
CJ (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-07)
sammi,

Unless you have had prior experience with a ouija board or are using it with something who you can completely trust, who has also had previous experience with using a ouija board, then I would recommend waiting. If you choose to go ahead and use it anyway without heeding what I just stated, then I recommend proceeding with caution. If you want to talk about it, contact me through my profile page.
CJ (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-07)
zzsgranny,

By viewing, he meant to view him, as in see him. I could see in my head exactly where he was going to appear and I knew it wasn't going to be good, what we were going to see was not going to be good. That's why I closed it off because I realized fully just how intense the situation had gotten.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
15 years ago (2009-10-07)
what do you think he meant by "view"...like a viewing at a funeral, or remote viewing,or like he wanted to see through someone else's eyes?...that's really creepy...I hope you and your sister will be ok...

Sammi...please don't do it just to have a paranormal experience...if you're open to paranormal stuff, it will happen on it's own in it's own time...just PLEASE be patient and never count on the luck of the draw!
MrsO (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-07)
I've messed around with the board a few times, I've never had an expirience story-worthy, though. But something I've always done is I'll never do it in my home, or somewhere that I'm comfortable. I've always gone to a park or something, as to not bring any spirits into my home, because you never know when you'll get a bad one. And, I've never even brought a board into my home. That's something, if you ever do decide to use it again, that you may want to think about.
sammi (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-07)
i was on here looking for stories and it's odd I came across yours, because I just purchased an Ouija board on ebay yesterday and should be recieving it in two days. I've always wanted to post an experience on here (I am open to this kind of stuff), but haven't had one yet to share. People have told me no to play with one of these boards but I'm the kind of girl that has to experience it before I "put it up in the closet", so to speak. Your experience has taught me that if I feel things aren't right to stop immediatley. However, I'm not sure exactly what to ask and what not to ask. In your case it didn't matter, you just picked up a bad spirit. I guess it is like what you said at the end "just the luck of the drawl", but what I was wondering is have you guys had paranormal activity in Lex's room prior to the session?
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-07)
I am no expert on the Ouija Board but I know it is something I would never mess around with. I am sure there are plenty of people on here that can give you some sound advice as to how to rid whatever has attached itself to you and your sister.

Please do keep us updated.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Surya
Www.sanskrit-yoga.com

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: