You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Double Take

Real Ghost Stories

Double Take

 

I have always experienced what is called deja-vu. I am now 34 and back when I was 10 I would wake up real early on Saturday morning's and rush into the family room to watch my cartoons. My Dad was always one to wake up at 5 am and go off to get his coffee and newspaper, and by the time I got up he was long gone.

Well this morning started off no different than another Saturday morning. I was sitting on the sofa watching TV and like always my Dad walks in from his morning trip. He walked in the front door and come into the living room holding with his coffee in one hand and paper in the other he looks at me and smiles. I heard him drop the paper on the kitchen table (as it was only like 10ft away) and I could hear his bedroom door open and close. About 10 minutes later the front door opens and my dad walks through door with his coffee and paper and smiles at me. I sit there looking as he dropped his paper on the table and walked in the bedroom. At this point I'm not scared but confused as to what just happened. There was no way he walked back in grabbed his paper and made it outside only to do the same thing. I even asked him later on if he had walked through twice and he just looked at me with a puzzled face.

This has been happening to me pretty regular since then, but I see things that may happen in a few minutes or it could be months or years later. My wife gets freaked out cause I just kind of stare off into space when I see something.

Just as a side not I have had many run inns with ghost as well and it all seems to start right around the same time. Funny thing is I moved to Dallas for about 5 years and it almost seemed to have stopped. My father passed away on February 7th of this year and now it seems to be starting up again.

I have tried to do research on this and haven't learned much about it. So I am putting this out there for the first time to see if anyone may experience this or know someone who has and can give me any info they may have found.

Other hauntings by longtimebeliever

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, longtimebeliever, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
I have not experience anything like that - but I have dreamed of a place or person (s) - and then either the next day - or a few months will pass - and I will see the person or place just as I did in my dream - and that reminds me of a story that I will post in the next week or so - of one particular dream - that came true... Anyway - love the story - thank you for sharing
longtimebeliever (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
That does make a lot of sense PJod. I went almost 15 years without having one after this instance. If that is the case I guess I may be back on some what of a right track then because I have been one every 2 or 3 months.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
I am of the belief that De-ja vu... Is a sign that we are on the right track... That before coming into the physical world, we were shown the pattern of life we need to take to learn the lessons that we came here for growth of the spirit... The feeling of De-ja vu is the sub-conscious realizing our spirit self is on the correct life path. I have not had one in a long time... And am starting to get a little concerned that I have strayed a bit... 😊
longtimebeliever (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
zzsgranny that was what I pretty much came to the conclusion on with my dad. He did that routene every saturday and sunday for years, but for my daughter we hadn't been in this house but about 3 months.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
longtimebeliever: This sounds to me like residual energy... One of our long time posters, AussieDaz, had a similar experience when he saw his wife walk into the kitchen...Sometimes, when people repeat the same actions day after day, it's thought that their energy has made a recording, so to speak... Maybe someone who's had more coffee this morning can explain it better! 😆
longtimebeliever (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Moongrim I appreciate the web-site. I went to the monstrous web-site and read about the doppelganger, and I don't believe it was that. That happened back when I was 10 I am now 34 and my father didn't pass away until this year. Thinking back my grandfather on my mom's side passed away from cancer around that time give or take a year.
When I first started researching this instance doppelganger's was where I started first.
longtimebeliever (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
About a month ago I had a similar occurance. I was sitting at the kitchen table which is inbetwwen the living room and kitchen, and has a full view of the hall way where the bedrooms are. I saw my 8 year old walk out of her room walk up to me and say she was thirsty. I told her to get a bottled water out of the frig. I watched her walk to the frig and grab a water then walk toward the kitchen sink. I looked down at my laptop for a second to click on a link, and I looked up and she was walking out of her room and say she was thirsty. I was floored there was no way she mad it back to her room that quick plus she would have had to walk pass me to get there. I said "didn't you just get some water", she shook her head no. I told her to get a bottled water and I watched as she opened it and walked to the kichen sink and then she came and sat at the table.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
If you hadn't actually seen him, and had only heard the door and the sound of the newspaper, I'd have said it was just residual phantom noise (an echo of a very common occurrence in your home - your dad coming in and tossing his paper on the table). The fact that you saw him puzzles me. I experience deja vu a lot too. One possible non-paranormal explanation I have considered is that it is caused by the fraction-of-a-second delay between an image striking the back of you eye and actually being processed by your brain. I've read that our brain makes up for it (so that we don't notice it) by extrapolating based on what it has just processed. Perhaps every so often, we become aware of the process, and perceive it as deja vu. I imaging the vagaries of memory storage might make it difficult to put a finger on how long ago you think you experienced the events.
SpiritsWindsForever (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
AND! Tricksters or Doppelgangers make fun of you are mimick a loved one to mess around with you... But get rid of him soon... Moongrim is right... These things fortell bad luck
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
I've heard of similiar things in folklore and saw a depiction of such in a movie not too long ago: The Mothman Prophecies.

Http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0265349/

It is one thing to see a doppelganger of someone- usually presaging bad luck. But to actually interact with one is stranger still.

Http://ghosts.monstrous.com/doppelgangers.htm
shadowspirit (4 stories) (122 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
perhaps it was a doppelganger mimicing your fathers last movements just to mess around with you?
SpiritsWindsForever (44 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
I have the same exp! I see what will happen in the next few days/months/years also... Its kind of cool... But it confuses me sometimes

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: